'18-'19 NBA Anti-Warriors Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYJalltheway, Nov 1, 2018.

1. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

lol you acting like the Lakers dont have 2 top 5 players in the whole NBA with still 1 slot for an allstar

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I like the deal the Pelicans made. I don't deny the Lakers have 2 good players. Where did you get that? The Lakers have a very short window and they suck. Now they suck less. It's not like they got AD for free, they didn't.

JetBlue likes this.
  3. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I agree on the window. I think it's a lot smaller than many people think and that is because LeBron's running back style should not transition well when he is way past his prime. But I think the Lakers are still the clear league favorites for 2019-2020 and some of that has to do with the injuries on Golden State.

I think the deal was a textbook example of where both sides win. The key for the Lakers now is to surround LeBron and Davis with as many shooters as possible. It may even make sense to abandon signing 1 max player and sign many shooters instead.

Keeping Kuzma on that cheap deal was another win. I'd rather have Kuzma than an unknown #4.

The other thing is rebuilding through the draft when you are one of the top markets is both boring and slow. Just look at all high 1st rounders the Lakers picked post-Kobe. Randle, Russell, Ingram, Lonzo. None of those guys are even on the same level as LeBron or Davis.

The fact that the Lakers have been insanely dysfunctional but still wound up with 2 of the top 5-8 players in the league and are now odds-on favorites to win the NBA title says a lot about the state of the NBA. This wouldn't fly in other leagues.. Like the NFL for example.

#423 Antoni, Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  4. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Its disgusting what took place, the Pelicans to, the Pelicans hit the lottery, trade away Anthony Davis, and then get the Lakers #4 pick which was also a lottery hit.

Neither of these teams deserved the leverage they won, both will result in great success because they got "lucky".

Antoni and NYJalltheway like this.
  5. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Hopefully the Lakers don't make the mistake of getting Chris Paul. It looks like its over in Houston which is strange because they couldn't beat Golden State, but now that Golden State is gone, they can't get along.

Chris Paul is to old, the Lakers need youth, he isn't bad, and I know hes Lebrons closest friend but I think it would be a mistake.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Do the Lakers even have any assets to trade for Paul? I mean, literally, they don’t have any players under contract to even make a trade with, do they?

I’d love to see James, Davis, Paul, Kuzma and literally nobody. That would be very interesting.

7. RubenDias

that team still beats the knicks tho

8. RubenDias

if they use the rest of the money for depth istead of kemba walker they gonna win a championship in the next 2 years

9. JetBlue

I suppose if that’s their benchmark good for them. Seems a bit of an expensive strategy.

10. RubenDias

hey you got me one that one xD , i was a bit accting out because most salty knick fans act like the lakers landing this guy isnt a big thing , the dysfunctional lakers got their guy while the knicks will struggle to get a top guy

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Knicks got their guy. Anthony, Stoudemire and Spencer Haywood.

12. RubenDias

those guys were never top 5 NBA guys like lebron and anthony davis

13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Yeah me too, LeBron is finished and I'd love to see Davis getting all pissed off at having to carry the weight just like in Orleans

#433 GordonGecko, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  14. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Lebron and the Lakers were in the playoff hunt before his injury. It was clear when injured his team couldn't win without him no matter the talent the young kids had. Sometimes players play well after being traded IE D. Russell and J. Randle being the recent two.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

LeBron - Davis and another star like Chris Paul is a top playoff team in the West, if not THE top team.

I don't care who else they get around them

16. RubenDias

exactly it could even be me and you and they would make the playoffs

BrowningNagle likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

LeBron has 1 injury year and now he's 'finished.' people have such short term memories its silly. LeBron is still the best player in the whole game and Davis is one of the top 5 best

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Exactly and this is the first time in Lebron James career where he doesn't have to be the best player on the team to win. The only thing he has to do is allow Davis to be the #1 player on the team. Lebron has nothing left to prove, he needs to let Davis carry the load, and they will have a great chance at winning a title or a few.........

The Lakers 2 of the top 5 players in the league that should be able to greatly compliment each other.

19. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

He is, if his height of his ability was a 100, he's now less than an 80. He doesn't have the same stamina anymore and I expect him to be very injury prone

20. JetBlue

Great players simply get to the point where they aren’t as great as they once were, and it generally isn’t a gradual process.