The Jets are like a snake thats shedding it's old skin!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Jun 18, 2019.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Like a snake sheds it's old skin for a newer improved skin the Jets have made many strides in the rite direction this year to improve FO, CS, & Players in an attempt to make the "Same Old Jets" a thing of the past. I'm feeling psyched about the direction this team is heading!
    New GM
    New scouting dept.
    New HC
    New OC
    New DC
    New Pos. Coaches
    New 22 yr. old QB
    New RB, ILB, SR
    New Uniforms
    and the ownership that's finally getting it's head out of it's ass. Kudos to CJ for pulling the trigger on Mac even though it was poor timing he still had the balls to do it knowing the media would be cutting him down for the untimely decision. And also for getting the rite man in Douglas to rite the ship.
    Feels good to be a Jet fan lately,.... now lets put it all together & become a perennial playoff team that the Jets fans have been longing for for the past 50 years!:)

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Uniforms look like ass. Otherwise spot on.

3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of them either.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Just wait until they plop a JetBlue logo onto the front of the jersey.

5. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree, but to be fair/accurate, the Jets don't have a "New scouting dept." AFAIK only one scout was fired, and I've heard no news of any additional firings or new hires of scouts.

Ralebird likes this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I gotta admit. I cursed at Chris plenty but maybe I am the schmuck.

8. NCJetsfan

No, you're not. He admitted that the reason he was late in coming to the decision to fire Mac was that he hadn't been paying close attention. It sounds like he has learned some things however, and wants a knowledgeable, experienced football man with vision to run the team, and he seemingly got him in Douglas. IMO that's one of the main reasons we have to be optimistic and hopeful. Chris seems capable of learning, and doesn't seem to have the desire to be a dilettante and meddler, unlike Woody. IMO the only thing we have to worry about is Woody coming back next year, resuming his old ways, and pushing Chris aside. Hopefully, Douglas' contract prevents that.

9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Threads like this make me cringe.

How easily we forget. Dont worry, I used to have a short memory, with those optimistic green shades on too.

Jets69 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  10. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I can't see woody coming back & breaking up a good thing, plus I read that CJ wants to remain with the team in some capacity. I have absolutely no fear of woody & neither does Douglas. He said he feels good about ownership & his talks with CJ is a big reason he feels good going forward.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I've seen this song and dance before, but something about this time does seem different. Mainly because we have a legitimate up and coming star at QB. This isn't like Coslett in 89-90 trying to make due with a meh O'Brien, or Rex in 09 trying to work around a terrible Sanchez. We have a real, intelligent playmaker here

FJF, Mr mittens, BudJet and 1 other person like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

And we got the top-rated GM prospect in the NFL, and he's bringing in solid, experienced men with scouting backgrounds and an experienced GM to help guide him.

101GangGreen101 and BudJet like this.
  13. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Every... single... year:

We should back up the truck for free agent X. Imagine our offense with A, a healthy B, C (if he isn't suspended) and X!!?? Freakin' unstoppable!

And we should pick up Y off the scrap heap and try to coach him up. Imagine our (D-unit) with L, M, a sober N, and a rejuvenated Y! I'd hate to game-plan against that!

:rolleyes:

#13 twown, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    NYJ79, AJW, ukjetsfan and 2 others like this.
  14. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I am optimistic for this season and the next few after which hasn’t been the case in several years.

Having said that, this team still isn’t ready. I think if we win 7-9 games, it would be a great step in the right direction. Anything less, would be massively disappointing.

I think some people are expecting playoffs and that is just asking for let down. If Sam has a probowl season however, that changes everything. Playoffs become a real possibility in that scenario.

AJW and HomeoftheJets like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

My optimism has little to do with what happens on the field in 2019. The Jets should be better, more exciting, and at least not embarrassing to watch. I'm excited for the future of this team. I think we have a solid core of talent and leadership in the locker room, and Douglas is assembling a topnotch FO. Our team should be markedly better after next offseason.

johnny, Leicester Jet and PJ4Ever like this.
  16. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

the Jets are more like these two Corgi's

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

NO ONE RESPOND. Let this one simmer.

TonyFtLaud and AJW like this.
  18. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Many people have touched on it. We've been down this road. Super excited with a change we can win it all etc. I think it was mentioned what seems to be different about this one is that we truely have a franchise qb and a gm who is well respected and knows how to build a football team. The latter we'll see but everyone is lauding the hire and that is not typical for the Jets. Time will tell but their is some more optimism.

19. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

We essentially cleaned house albeit in a weird order. I think most people agree this needed to happen. Bowles obviously was easy to fire and should have been fired after that Bills game at home. Macagnan I suppose did have a “long term plan” but honestly failing to put a decent offensive line in front of Sam and showing a real lack of urgency to win under Sams rookie contract made it more obvious that he wasn’t a good fit for this team now. Add that to the fact that he had 4 years of mostly bad drafts after the first round and the recent free agents he picked up have been terrible.

It probably won’t be possible to change out the all the scouts this year, but from what I heard we have decent enough scouts, it was the man making the drafting decisions (or indecisions) that hurt us most.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Obviously going to make this assessment well ahead of time. This might be the best FO, I have ever seen the Jets assemble.

Cman68 and NCJetsfan like this.