'18-'19 NBA Anti-Warriors Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYJalltheway, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

When they threw the ball away on that last possession I thought they were going to blow it, but Raptors would have taken game 7 with no Klay and Durant.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Draymond Green is a fuckin man's man though.

"Steph" Curry is the face of the Warriors franchise so as a casual NBA fan, I see them as a very soft team. But then I watch the playoffs and Draymond Green is stomping on MFers. I have tons of respect for his game. they didn't lose last night because of him

3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

No one seems to be talking about the threepeat. I'm referring, of course, to Patrick McCaw's threepeat, who in his third year in the league won his third straight championship. He is the first player in NBA history to win championships in his first three seasons while changing teams during that time. Clearly the Knicks need to trade for or sign this guy (he's an RFA) ASAP!

NYJalltheway likes this.
  4. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I am cautiously optimistic about this actually. I think it makes sense if you believe that the Lakers can add two players to help LeBron with one of them being Anthony Davis. Only issue with this is that after you trade for AD and sign another player like Butler for example, how much cash and resources do you have to fill the rest of the team? I think you'd be too top heavy and would be scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill the rest of the team. But it's 2019 and we are in the age of the Big 3, so it could work.

The other big factor in this is that Klay and KD are both FA's with severe injuries, projecting the Warriors to about the 4th or 5th seed in the West. I actually think they will do worse than that though, especially if KD and/or Klay are offered the max and sign them.

Lakers: 9-2

Bucks: 6-1

Clippers: 6-1

Rockets: 8-1

Raptors: 10-1

Celtics: 12-1

Sixers: 12-1

Warriors: 14-1

Nuggets: 16-1

Thunder: 16-1

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I thought the Warriors made some costly turnovers throughout the game. If Thompson didn't get hurt, they definitely win. GS has a good defense, but the Raptors schematically had better plans and the Warriors could not adjust.

Steph was more of a liability then Leonard. I'll tell you something about Steph, his ISO game was exposed. Couldn't adjust to the Box and 1 by attacking the middle of the defense. I felt horrible for Klay. One of the more underrated players in the league to be honest, he should've been All NBA.

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Wow it finally happened. Crazy.

Good deal for both teams.

7. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's official yet but ESPN is reporting that the Lakers and Pelicans have reached a deal for AD.

AD for Lonzo, Ingram, Hart, and three 1st rounders(including 2019 #4 overall).
    Miraculously the Lakers were able to hold on to Kyle Kuzma.

8. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Still waiting on the details of the trade. If AD isn't coming via a sign and trade then this is a very risky move for the Lakers. Essentially you are gambling all those assets on the chance that you can convince him to stay. I guess you still do it though, otherwise you lose LeBron.

9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Convince him to stay? He's been begging, and begging to go there..

10. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Anything can happen in two years though. If he has a change of heart but is still under a long term deal then at least you get some value back in a trade.

11. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I think its a good deal for both teams. You can make a strong case that Anthony Davis will be the best player that Lebron has ever played with. Dwayne Wade was slowing down when Lebron got to Miami. Anthony Davis is 26 and will be hitting his prime over the next few years. They obviously will have to fill in the rest of the roster, but I think the Lakers are now the favorite to win the west.

The NBA is in great shape right now, you have both conferences in which there isn't really a dominate team, I think the Lakers, Nuggets, Rockets, Blazers, Thunder / Raptors, Bucks, 76ers, Celtics can all reach the finals. Its as wide open as it can get honestly.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I don’t watch much basketball anymore and my inquiry about Davis may be a combination of cynicism and ignorance, but how good is Davis?

I ask because basketball is a sport where a great player can, individually, make a team good. Not great, but at least good. And Davis’ impact on the Pelicans being good has been minimal. So how great is he?

He reminds me of Carmelo Anthony. You know he is talented but that talent doesn’t impact the team’s actual success. Whereas LeBron James single handedly makes teams good. Where does Davis fit within those parameters?

13. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Good question, I haven't watched much of him either, because he has been hurt and his team has sucked. I agree with what you are saying, I would actually compare it to Kevin Love. Kevin Love put up stats, but he didn't make his team much better. The Pelicans did make the playoffs though but got spanked by Golden State.

A lot of people thought he would be the next great player after Lebron (obviously Kawhi has taken that mantle), I guess he is comparable to Tim Duncan. To me, it comes down to him being the man in LA. This should be his team, not Lebrons, Davis should be the one capable of taking over and carrying the team. This may either go very good for the Lakers (multiple titles), or a complete bust. If Lebron is still the best player on the team then it means to me they won't have great success.

There are rumors now that the Lakers are going to pursue Kawhi Leonard, its long been rumored he would go to LA, to the Clippers but who knows. If he ends up on the Lakers, that will be the super team of all super teams, I hope that doesn't happen. If it did not only would Lebron surpass Jordan in titles, Kawhi probably would to.....

#413 SOXXX2, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    JetBlue likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

Davis is awesome. Way, way better than Carmelo Anthony. Much more rounded and efficient. And he's a perfect compliment to LeBron. I don't care about the Lakers but that's a great move for them

15. BrowningNagle

there will never be another Tim Duncan.... but Anthony Davis is closer to Duncan than he is to Kevin Love

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

James will be slowing down while Davis is hitting his prime. The Pelicans move to Vegas, a place where NBA players will want to play and they are likely to benefit more than the Lakers from this deal.

17. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Yeah I didn't mean he plays like Kevin Love, i just mean he may be comparable to Loves success in Minnesota. (He is better though) and does play a lot more like Tim Duncan than Love.

18. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

2 million people parade

[​IMG]

19. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

what about the knicks ?

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Las Vegas Knicks? Works for me.