Jets Hire GM Joe Douglas

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by King Koopa, Jun 7, 2019.

1. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

What is the issue with Mac not initiating the talks himself anyway? It sounds like the first rule of good management if your #2 has a personal relationship with someone in the FO of the team you're hoping to do business with to let them handle the negotiations. I'd see this a small plus in the Mac column rather than a minus. The Jets as a group clearly had a Plan A and B. Plan A bombed but B worked out great. How this can be construed as a negative for the guy in charge at the time eludes me totally. Who cares if Mac didn't do the deal himself. Delegation that gets results is good management.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Ok

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I hit a nerve with that one

You saw that? I got 5 points that I need to abide by, or else I'm in deep deep trouble

4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Saw this earlier this morning, definitely worth the read. He seems like such a down-to-earth guy, right down to having to lock himself in his daughters pink bedroom to get the dirty work done.

I also find it funny that everyone except a bunch of fans on the Internet think highly of Leonard Williams. It’s almost like the people who get paid millions to coach and evaluate talent know better than us sometimes.

Ralebird, FJF and TonyFtLaud like this.
  6. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Reading this thread with the canonization of Joe Douglas before he even shows up kinda makes me chuckle: you could substitute in any of the last 6 Jet GM names and I remember reading how they were all “geniuses” and how “the Jets got it right this time “. Let’s wait till the guy gets to his office, ok? I will say this: at least they went with a guy that has some prior NFL success, something the Jets organization seems to have an aversion to when hiring GMs or head coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I wasn't old enough to obsess over GMs when Tanny was hired so I don't know about him, but Douglas is generally seen as a better candidate than Idzik or Mac was.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Those were five points to help you act like an adult.

You're welcome.

9. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Agreed

I’ve been reading this thread in shock

The BEST leaders surround themselves with talent, give them authority, and ENABLE them to succeed.

If anything, MAC looks good in this

LOL

FJF, MoWilkBeast and Ralebird like this.