Gregg Williams Speaks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LogeSection2RowJ, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Listen

I know it’s all sunshine right now and that I’m too optimistic...

And I know we are kinda joking that if we lose at least we lose with passion

But I believe it.

Losing with Shit Bowles hurt so much because I saw no future. We would lose, and I saw no fire. I admit fire does not equal wins but still I knew we had little hope,

I NOW have a belief that losing will no longer be comfortable. I believe this staff will not tolerate the SOJ way.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

No joking.

I hated the way we layed down under Bowles...even when we were ahead on the scoreboard.

Pitiful way to run a ball club.

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

He seems like the type of coach that keeps his foot on the gas and on the opponent's throats. Todd "turtle" Bowls was the worst at this. Every time he got a lead, he'd get extremely conservative and worry more about not losing than winning. If something is working, keep it going.

4. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

I think this is the most optimistic I’ve been in advance of a season for 20 years.

The Jets might actually start to be competitive. What a difference this coaching staff (and no doubt GM) will make.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I like what I heard, from Williams and the other coaches in the interviews in the other thread. Having said that, there are 31 other Defensive Coordinators, 31 other OL coaches, 31 other DL coaches and 31 other LB coaches all saying the same things. There are 31 other fanbases with guys thinking what they're hearing is unique. The mileage will all vary.

#25 Ralebird, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Whats your point here? We should just disregard interviews because other teams coaches get interviewed too? The mileage will vary? In what regard exactly?

7. Ralebird

Okay, if you really need it spelled out for you. The point is that for public consumption coaches say optimistic things, especially at this time of year. All coaches on all teams. All teams will have fans that take this very seriously and as some kind of sign that the Holy Grail is theirs for the taking. Mileage as a metaphor for success will vary. You may put your eggs in any basket you choose, I'm going to eat an omelet.

8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Metaphor huh. So, what your saying is that some teams will be good and some teams will be bad? Thanks for that, because no football fan would have figured that out without your ingenious comment. Your post was a wast of bandwidth and you should feel bad.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. Ralebird

I can put it there for you to read; I can't understand it for you.

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  10. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

Of course there are 31 other teams at the same stage of the process and fans of all teams crave signs of optimism before the first snap is taken.

My take is that as Jet fans the recent appointments and the narrative coming out is a sea change from what we’ve had for a long time.

This feels different. Of course it has to play out on the field and the proof will be in the results. But it’s gotta be okay to be excited for the prospects.

NCJetsfan, HomeoftheJets and PabloJa like this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

High hopes & dashed dreams.

That's what being a NY Jets fan is about.

Haven't you guys figured that out yet?

cval and Jets81 like this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Our last heartbreaking loss was in January 2016, over three years ago. That's how bad we've been, we haven't even been in position to have our hearts broken.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We're in the 'high hopes' period now.

Live it up... :p

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. Sam Hammer

The only comparison I care about is Todd Bowls and Jeremy Bates to Adam Gase and Greg Williams. This is night and day compared to what we heard from B&B in interviews.

I know it's not the be all end up, but they actually seem kind of competent compared to the old regime, I don't think it's just imaginary optimism or blind hope.

#34 Sam Hammer, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Acad23 and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

I don't care about Gase and Williams vs. Bowles and Bates. I care about Gase and Williams vs. the other coaches in the league. Almost all of which are much better than Bowles and Bates. And the other coaches are the ones Gase and Williams have to beat.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

News Flash guys Bowles and M Mac are gone, and rightfully so. We got some bright minds leading the way. But all this comparing Bowles with Williams makes no sense.

-Bowles was a HC for us, Williams is a DC.
    -Bowles as a DC for Cards was well respected and highly regarded.
    -Bowles is gone, be happy, stop bringing him up lol. We sound like bitter BF/GFs.

We can hate Bowles now, but when he left Arizona Jet fans were excited... Why?

Bowles' two seasons as the defensive coordinator under Arians produced very good results. The Cardinals ranked seventh in the NFL in points allowed in 2013, improving to fifth in 2014, and also allowed the sixth-fewest yards in the league in 2013. During that two-year span, Arizona also ranked fifth in rushing defense, eighth in opponent passer rating and ninth in takeaways. At the end of that second season, Bowles was named the Associated Press NFL Assistant Coach of the Year.

FJF likes this.
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

...and then he entered the Jets Vortex.

Where winners turn into losers and hopes & dreams go to die.

[​IMG]

Jets81, azhar80 and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

Part of it was the Jets (i.e. Mac and no QB) but the other part was that Bowles is a good DC but a bad HC. I remember our defenses were better whenever Bowles was calling the plays, but he kept delegating that to Rodgers and hiring incompetent OCs.

19. Ralebird

I also care about Gase and Williams vs. the other coaching combos in the league but about what they can accomplish on the playing field. All the platitudes of coachspeak we've heard since voice recording was invented never put a point on the board.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  20. Sam Hammer

Hey, Greg Williams beat Kitchens in the playoffs. Hopefully that will repeat itself.

Jets81 likes this.