"He’s a f****** dude with a f****** arm"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jun 13, 2019.

1. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Not to rain on your parade, but EVERYONE was thinking this at the time...
    I also agree with him being the one. After this year, he will take his place among the very best young QB's in the league.

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  2. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Ken O'Brien says hello... from lying on his back starting up the the New Jersey sky... on any given Sunday...

RPOZ51, K'OB, Doreblade and 2 others like this.
  3. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Fuck!!!!!!!!!

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Thanks for this Falco..at least someone sounds enthusiastic

.be prepared for someone to reply here with "well let's pump the brakes on this" lmao

Brook! and Jets81 like this.
  5. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Seriously. This sight has 3-4 Debbie Downers that always show up to complain and remind us that they’re not sold on everything and “show me the wins” blah blah blah. We get it already. Take a vacation or something.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Debbie Downers should switch to a 4-3.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Fuck that.. Show me the fucking wins. You can buy into the hype all you want but until they actually prove they can win, its exactly that... Hype..
    Homers are always so self righteous before the season starts. By the end of the year, its a different story and they just can't wait until next year.. Its ALWAYS NEXT YEAR with them.
    Don't bring that bullshit "holier than thou I'm a better fan than you" shit in here. New unis, new coaching staff and a new GM won't mean a fucking thing if this team doesn't WIN.. Put a suit on a pig, and you wind up with a pig in a suit. This team needs to show they can WIN. That's why they get paid to play the fucking game.

This team will be exactly what its record says it is and if you don't like that, too fucking bad..

#27 Cman68, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    CBG, AJW, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  8. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

No rain here I’m glad others saw the same thing

Can’t believe he is a Jet

Let’s go Jets!

9. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

O'Brien also held the ball too long

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Your on a sight that has a bunch of guys who need to pump the breaks.

RPOZ51, Cman68 and abyzmul like this.
  11. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

I remember when using the f word was edgy :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

12. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Someone blew a gasket.

There’s maybe 1-2 people on this board who match up to what your saying. Nobody on here is being so overly optimistic, save for maybe one poster, that we need other posters purposely showing up to be a downer in ever thread and reminding us how much our favorite team blows. And that’s all they’re doing. Not offering a different perspective. Not explaining why the new hires will fail. Just telling us that they’ve seen it all before and they’re not soled, etc. How many times and in how many threads do you need to say that? We know exactly who you are, we know your not sold, so why keep dropping same fucking comments in any thread where someone is actually positive?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Cman68

Where are you seeing all these posts? Most of us in the show me camp are waiting to see what happens instead of waving pompoms and trumpeting every little move Gase and Johnson make as the best ever. One even went so far as to say we have the best FO/CS in the league when they haven't even won a game yet. There are quite a few people on here who are caught up in the hype. New unis, new HC, new GM. Mix well, bake for an hour at 400F and instant playoffs. Nothing could be further from the truth. Nothing is wrong with being optimistic, but some of these guys sound like children on their first trip to DisneyWorld.

We also have other options during the offseason than posting on fan boards all summer long too and can't be so bothered as to keep up with all the minutiae that is the never ending saga of the New York Jets.

Now if you will excuse me, I have a Brisket to continue smoking...

CBG, AJW and Ralebird like this.
  15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Where are you seeing all these Pom Pom posts trumpeting every little move they make? So one guy goes overboard on his CS comment and now everyone is overly optimistic if they aren’t in the “show me” camp. And speaking of the “show me” camp. “I’m not gonna support the team until they’re good. When they get good I’ll jump over to the other side”. Sounds like some weak front runner bullshit to me.

Enjoy your Brisket.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. Cman68

And you sound like the kind of sucker this franchise has depended on for decades to buy the PSL's and the swag. I've been a fan probably a lot longer than you so yeah, I'm skeptical about these guys until they prove its not another joyride. You can be the blind fanboy all you want. Every franchise needs fans like you. The cash must flow..

For a team that hasn't won shit in 50 years and only 14 games in 3 years, you'd think they could use any kind of fan they can get. This franchise doesn't have a f'n thing to be snotty about but instead, they have everything to be humble and grateful for.

#36 Cman68, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Ralebird likes this.
  17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Now I’m a blind fanboy? I’ve buried this teams coaching and GM numerous times over my fandom. I was one of a handful of people calling for Macs job last season. Yet, now I’m a blind fanboy because it suits your little narrative. Please.

Spare me the “Ive been a fan since the flood” crap. Yes, you’re a hell of a lot older then me. Congratulations. I’ve been a Jets fan for 30 years. Unlike you and the other geezers I’ve never actually seen the Jets win or even play in a Super Bowl. Yet I’ve haven’t turned into a whiney bitch acting like I’m discussing a woman who left me at the alter.

18. Cman68

Whatever you say kid. But the next time you try that I'm a Superior Fan bullshit around here, its not gonna end well. Everyone gets to post their views so keep your holier than thou take a hike comments offline. We're all fans and no one fan is better than any other no matter positive, negative or apathetic. You understand that and we won't have a problem. If you don't, your stay here will be shortened considerably.

Ralebird likes this.
  19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Superior fan bullshit? Are you on drugs or something? Nobody said anything about “superior fans”. I commented on the same people bitching about the same things over and over. Everyone gets to post their views unless they’re like mine, right? That’s fine, Cman. Your a mod and you can take sides whenever it suits you. Good for you, you’ve earned the right to do that on TGG.

20. Cman68

Get it straight.. I'm an Admin and a lifelong Darksider. Stop bitching about bitching and move on.

21. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

Wow. Battered Fan Syndrome.

Makes me wonder why follow a team that makes you so bitter and miserable....College at least, you love the school itself, that never changes, and your players are forever yours because they chose to play for you.

Jets81 likes this.
  22. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Get used to it. This fan base is filled with them.

NYJetsO12 likes this.