'18-'19 NBA Anti-Warriors Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYJalltheway, Nov 1, 2018.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This is a high quality tweet:

2. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Yeah injuries suck, its actually kinda effected 4 of the last 5 years.

2015 - Love and Irving against Golden State
    2017 - Kawhi against Golden State
    2018 - CP3 against Golden State
    2019 - Thompson and Durant against Toronto

Somewhere Lebron James is rejoicing, the dark cloud that cost him titles is gone finally. If the Lakers can add Anthony Davis, I think they would be the favorite to go to the finals. At least finally we will see a new team come out of the West.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Best thing about the Raptors winning is this was supposed to be the Maple Leafs year and now Toronto is a basketball city. Leonard >Tavares.

Sam Hammer and The Dark Knight like this.
  4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Good triumphs over evil

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Before the game ended after the foul on the in bounds I couldn't understand what was taking so long. There was a lot of contact between both Leonard and Green. The Raptors were over the limit. I'm thinking could they call a foul on Leonard against Green and send Green to the line?

Got to give GS a lot of credit. As hobbled as they were they made the Raptors earn the title. Winning an NBA title is an absolute war. Getting to the final round 5 years in a row is amazing. The additional wear and tear on GS over the years finally showed up.

GS defense is highly under-rated. I thought they were arguably the better defensive team in this series.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I felt horrible for Klay, he tore his ACL

No way, the Raptors have been the far better team on defense (schematically and player personnel). Curry alone was horrible guarding Lowry and VanVleet. Never closed out on the shooters.

Sam Hammer and The Dark Knight like this.
  7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

GS hit 20 3 point shots in game 5 and Curry had a wide open look at the end of last nights game. The amount of back door layups that GS had was amazing. GS committed to stoping Leonard who in reality was well below average throughout this series. There were times when Leonard was a turnover machine. Curry was the best player in this series.

What's clear is GS after 5 runs through the playoffs lost through attrition. A fresh GS team healthy would have run Toronto out of the building.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

wow. I was shocked that the Raptors were able to win that series. Good stuff

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Kawhi played fine, but they didn't need him to score 30+ to win because the role players stepped up. I do agree, with Durant and Klay, the Warriors win the series, but hey injuries are part of the game, and that's how the Warriors became a Dynasty to begin with. Heck, if Klay didn't get hurt, they would've won last night.

Warriors couldn't close out to the shooters and they also couldn't rebound the ball. Turned the ball over close to 20 times.

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

#390 GordonGecko, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Oakland is a piece of shit city

Sam Hammer likes this.
  12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I'm not sure you would call it punching or beating anyone up, but it sure looks like a case of racial profiling (was everyone else who rushed the court asked for their credentials? Have GMs in the past been stopped from rushing the court when their team wins a title?). No doubt this will all be dropped quickly.

I'll bet the NBA isn't sorry that they're moving across the Bay.

13. GordonGecko

people are saying he had his credential in his hand

14. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

In other news, report just came out that the Lakers are the favorites next year? What?! Hahaha

15. GordonGecko

If accurate, that would mean bookies believe the Lakers are getting Anthony Davis and that this is somehow a better team than Houston. As presently constituted I think the Rockets should be favored to come out of the West and Toronto if Kawhi stays. Too much up in the air right now

NYJalltheway likes this.
  16. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Yeah I think that's the best chance as well, but as you said, too much is up in the air. It's going to be the craziest off season ever.

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Warriors out-rebounded Toronto last night. They had 4 more TO's 16 to 12. They had a bad game from the foul line. They were plus 5 with Thompson on the floor. Toronto was minus 2 with Leonard on the floor. Curry has an open 3 with the game winding down to tie it and missed.

I think you really underestimate how good GS defense was in this series. They were just overmatched in horsepower from attrition.

I thought Leonard on O was a liability for long stretches in a couple of games against the Warriors. He could definitely improve his game by working on his play without the ball. One of the things that makes the Warriors so tough is both Thompson and Curry don't need the ball to break down a defense. When Thompson went out it was over. Thompson is a very good defender.

Tough what happened to him. When I saw it it looked like a none contact injury. He just came down with a lot of weight awkwardly on his knee joint. I really don't think the foul played a role. It's probably a 1 year rehab. The guys as tough as nails.

18. GordonGecko

by the way nobody brought up the obvious but this thread delivered this season ;)

matt robinson 17 and Biggs like this.
  19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

20. GordonGecko

just repeating what I read, I don't see it either in that video