'18-'19 NBA Anti-Warriors Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYJalltheway, Nov 1, 2018.

1. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

@RealSkipBayless
    Steph got the shot to win it. He missed. I'm not surprised. That has been Steph's history, missing The Shot.

Facts, he was awful in game 7 against Cleveland, and just awful tonight in the 4th quarter.

2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Raptors beat 3 teams tonight.

GS, refs, NBA

3. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Ridiculous refs, the lowry shove was bad, curry getting "tripped" was nonexistent, and Kawhi was hit during his 3 pointer.

I was honestly shocked the refs didn't call a foul when the ball was on the ground.

4. JackBower

NBA gave the warriors one more chance calling a foul and taking 0 time off the clock.

Ive really never seen this level of favoritism

5. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Warriors lose all three games in Oracle, the only home win was game one in Toronto.

Curry came up smaller than small at the end, and so did Kawhi, but he will get to ride off with his second finals MVP.

Congrats Toronto, what a season for them, I could only imagine what it must feel like, the greatest trade of all time made by Toronto.

6. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

That made no sense, Kawhi scored to.

7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

All I can say is thank God Jeremy Lin has finally gotten that ring he so richly deserves.

8. JackBower

The NBA did 2 things they never do.

They didn't call a kick ball, despite it being thrown into a foot. It's been well established it's still called.

They ran an ATO play and 0 time came off the clock, and it wasn't a before the pass foul. How is that humanly possible?

They were doing everything to give GS this game. I lost a lot of love for nba tonight... at least 15 terrible biased calls

#368 JackBower, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Remember when that trade happened, and he was so mad he got traded there? Iirc he even said he wouldn't re-sign.

Now he's finals MVP giving that team their first championship. How does he leave now? How?

No way he's leaving Toronto.

10. JackBower

I think he still does

11. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Exactly, I heard he bought a house in Toronto recently. Toronto's a good team, he has good clutch players around him. Lowry, Vanfleet, and Siakam were huge tonight. They actually closed the game out, not Kawhi.

Its just nice to see a team win that no one expected in a league that is just way to predictable, no one thought Toronto would even make the finals this year let alone win it.

12. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

He can do whatever he wants, he delivered and is a Raptors legend forever. I think he sticks around for a few more years. They definitely are capable of repeating.

13. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

vanvleet was the mvp in my eyes.

14. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

The 2 3's and the foul on the 3.......saved Toronto. I thought the moment was just to big for them again, except for Vanfleet.

JetBlue likes this.
  15. JackBower

Im still shocked by how biased the officiating was, even by NBA standards.

16. NYJalltheway

It's hard to be happy for them since I feel like Milwaukee was the better team, and could have won, but hey they didn't. Toronto played great. What you gonna do..

I remember telling my friends alright watch em get crushed 4-0 now lol. Boy was I wrong.

17. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Klay Thompson tore his ACL.....looks like he won't be playing next year either. I guess in the West Houston is now the favorite, unless the Lakers get Anthony Davis. Lebron might have a chance to actually bring the Lakers a title.

Kyrie Irving is going to Brooklyn which leads me to believe one way or another Durant ends up in Brooklyn either this offseason or next. Actually with Thompson out, its likelier he goes to Brooklyn than stays in Golden State because without Thompson, Nets are the better team and its not like he can rejoin Golden State, they might be a 7 or 8 seed but thats about it.

#377 SOXXX2, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  18. NYJalltheway

That is brutal, brutal news for GS. They might be underdogs at this point.

19. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

It changes everything, because I think the logical thing was for KD to stay one more year and rejoin them during the playoffs next year........well without Thompson, will they be a playoff team? maybe....but its MUCH likelier Brooklyn will be in the playoffs and be the better team with Kyrie joining.

They also said on ABC that Durant wont play at all next year regardless, so im sure he will get a max from the Nets, and that will be it.

Golden State didnt just lose the finals, they lost everything, I don't think they will ever be the same after this.

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That is terrible news about Klay. He truly was a Warrior. He was dominating tonight. Hard to know what would have happened if he didn't get injured. If Kevin Durant was healthy, we have a completely different series too. It's hard, because clearly the Warriors likely win the series, if they are healthy. At the same time, Toronto played really well and played as a team. Maybe they would have still won with a healthy Durant and Thompson. We will never know, but the Raptors still deserve credit. They played really well.