Rosen to the Dolphins

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by HomeoftheJets, Apr 26, 2019.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

But how is that making it wrong to dump Rosen for Murray, which is the point I was arguing against really, Kingsbury has come in and possibly or probably demanded he gets his QB, I guess they live and die on the QB and maybe he just hasn't been impressed by Rosen (granted he wasn't given much of a chance to succeed last season) plenty of others haven't been impressed with him, I no not a lot about college coaches but I am sure there was a couple of people on here disappointed he went their and not to us.

I do agree that a coach shouldn't be sacked after one season and especially not if they also have had a rookie QB and other less than stellar players.

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Kingsbury didn't demand anything. The GM picked his entire staff and announced they were going back to a 3/4 before they hired a DC who was hand picked by the GM not Kingsbury.

There was nothing wrong with taking Murray. They shouldn't have dumped Rosen. They should have brought him in before OTA's and told him they were taking Murray and trading him. They should have treated him and potential trade partners decently. They didn't. That's the sign of a second rate owner and GM. There's a reason their best player wants out.

3. K'OB

Okay so he never demanded anything, I forget how many people on a Jets site attend all of these private meetings between potential HC's and GM's/Owners but for the added caveat I said possibly/probably not definitely.

So are we to believe it is a coincidence that the Cards selected a new QB that worked with Kingsbury before?

We are going further and further away from the original comment/discussion but I am interested in how you think Rosen didn't realise he was for the chop but nearly everybody else thought/knew he was being replaced the moment they hired Kingsbury and then even more so when Murray reneged on his baseball deal.

I would say their best player wants out because he may want to join a team capable of winning a superbowl, are you talking the RB Johnson being unhappy?

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

They selected KM because KK and a lot of other people believed he was the best prospect in this draft. The kid is a freak talent.
    My point was Kingsbury and the Cardinals didn't know Murray was coming out when they hired Kingsbury. Kingsbury was totally on board with Rosen. No doubt KK loved Murray. He has known him forever and recruited him.

Rosen knew he might be on the block, but he wasn't put on the block until KM was actually drafted. The Cardinals had the first pick. They knew for weeks they were drafting Murray and they didn't let anyone know. They shouldn't have given Rosen a playbook when OTA's started if they were drafting Murray. There was absolutely no reason for any of this to be kept a secret. It's not like they were waiting to see if he would fall to them.

Patrick Peterson is the best player on the Cardinals right now followed by Chandler Jones and possible still Fitzgerald. PP asked to be traded mid-season last year. He had a twitter fit the week before this draft implying the owner and GM were snakes.

5. K'OB

Cheers, I remember people interested in him on here now.

The Cardinals only cost themselves a higher trade value in the way they acted but I will be honest I am not that bothered about them or Rosen at the end of the day, he has a new team now as was always going to be the case and now we need to hope he isn't some kind of hidden genius to torture us for the next decade.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

KOB-Everyone
    Rosen was an absolute warrior on the Cardinals. He proved nothing about his future potential other than he's a lot tougher than people thought and he's willing to work hard. We'll find out.

7. K'OB

Did you want him here instead of Darnald or Baker?

I will be honest I didn't want him.

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I liked Rosen a lot coming out. I have to admit I wasn't a fan of Baker and I still think both Darnold and Rosen might end up being better. I liked him better than Darnold, I thought he was mechanically a more sound passer. After watching both of them for a year, Darnold seems much more aware in the pocket and has better over all vision. He has a real presence that Rosen didn't show. Rosen was dealt a worse hand on a lot of fronts but you could see some things in Darnold that Rosen didn't begin to show.

I think right now Darnold is pretty close to a sure thing. Rosen hasn't begun to show that. Baker was great but I'm not convinced Darnold won't be much better. Rosen has a lot to prove but I can see him being a real good QB. I think Darnold could be great.

Pepsiguy5 and K'OB like this.
  9. K'OB

Fair enough comment, I think Baker will be a success - top 10 type QB if he doesn't do something stupid and go off the rails, Darnald is so young but shows a maturity beyond his years and another season of steady improvement is in the offing, hopefully folk won't be on his back if he doesn't do a huge second season jump like Goff (who I think without stat checking regressed a little in his third season) with the rest of the Jets also needing improvement here and there, we could be ready to go properly in 21/22 fingers crossed :)

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Rosen and Fiedler have similar schnozzes which hopefully is an omen and yields similar results on the field; although no-one on earth throughout human history, including our evolution from hominids, had a bigger nose than my Uncle Leo. He also wore the worst rug ever, worse than Hank Stram, worse than Howard Cosell. It was hilariously bad. There's an Uncle Leo story on here, but I'm too lazy to fetch it. It involves a funeral and me losing it and shrieking, need I say more.

I don't know what was more egregious: Fiedler to the Jets, Jason Taylor to the Jets, or Chad Pennington to Miami. I believe that all suck is created equal, but I will say that I lean heavily towards the last two given my perceived penchant for prejudice. I make a slight exception for Bryan Cox (sotto voce).

^Probably the gayest thing I've ever seen. Ooops, did I say something wrong?

KurtTheJetsFan and Brook! like this.
  11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Welcome back Queen of TGG ,.Life sucks without you.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It wasn't the same here without you...

13. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

J.T. played well for the Jets the short time he was here. Who can forget the spin-sack on Brady to help seal a W against the Pats? He made other big plays too.

I never had a problem with him as a player or having him on the Jets. My only regret is that we didn't have him for his entire career with the Jets.

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Safety Dance! We can dance if want to . . . !

Fck that prancing gaylord, anyway.

15. Phins_4_Ever

Phins_4_Ever Member

And now you got Gase from us. Worst move the Jets could have made. Darnold is a good QB and I said last year that he has franchise potential. For a Dolphins fan the best thing which could happen actually happened. You hired the QB stopper.
    He will restrain and restrict Darnold and stop him in his development. Don't get me wrong: Darnold will look good statistically but will become ineffective for the most part.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Considering the QBs the fins have trotted out during the Gase era, I can see why he limited what they could do on the field.

HomeoftheJets and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  17. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I wonder if there are still Dolphins fans that actually believe Tannehill actually had the potential to be anything in this league.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  18. Rosen needs to be in the right system for success. Hes got great feet,quick release & is deadly accurate down the seam & between the hashes. Give him a clean pocket,let him dink & dunk on plenty of 3 step drops & set up big plays down the seam.

Give this guy a big time tight end..perhaps even twin TEs & he can do some serious damage. That said i worry about his ability to make plays off script,his mobility outside the pocket & his propensity to stare down the rush. I also still question his leadership which i know you disagree w based on prior convos.Even if he isnt a bad leader compared to Mayfield,Darnold & Allen hes leaves alot to be desired as a team first leader of men.

19. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I don't think Gase is a QB stopper but I do think he is in way over his head. He is a control freak who just loves to pick fights with star players or anyone who stands in his way. Actually I think Gase works very well with QBs and will be great for Darnold, but will be an awful HC.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

No leadership qualities at all, limited athleticism, no ability to extend the play, limited improvisation.

Fitz will win the QB battle, but I'm really hoping Rosen is the starter when they play us.
    He's a sack waiting to happen.

Acad23 likes this.