Gregg Williams Speaks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LogeSection2RowJ, Jun 13, 2019.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Gregg Williams presser: Boy was I happy to watch this. We're all pleased with his hiring, but with all the moving around he's done lately, and the fact that the Browns let him go after he took over as HC and started winning kind of made me feel as though this job was a let down for him, or a consolation prize that he "settled" for. Pundits wonder about his relationship with Adam Gase due to the link they have over bounty gate, etc. This presser today is a MUST watch. I feel better now that I got to see and hear the thinking, calm Gregg Williams in addition to what our perceptions have been. I've been dying to hear him field questions ever since his hiring. Today was the day.

We're in good shape and will be much better on defense now that Gregg Williams is in charge.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/gregg-williams-really-impressed-with-the-defensive-line

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

LogeS2. Thank you for posting this. I thought it was awesome. After attentively listening to Gase, Douglas and now Williams, there is a common denominator that just jumps out and grabs my attention with all three. All three are intelligent, articulate and extremely football savvy. They have the same understanding as to what makes a player a winner and how to help him be a winner. I'm stoked about this season.

NCJetsfan, NYJetsO12, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks for posting. Yes I agree with @LAJet

Things are looking up for the Jets. As long as Darnold turns out to be the franchise QB we will be perennial play off contender.

Go Jets!

LAJet likes this.
  4. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Yes

Digging these 3 so far

Damn I’m not allowed to be happy tho

LAJet likes this.
  5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Hard to not be excited listening to this man.

Adams is gonna have one hell of a year!

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Meanwhile Joe Vitt gets asked a question about Gregg Williams with Manish a little too close to comfort...

FJF likes this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Lol. Love Williams shutting down cimini. That’s not a question,next question. He’s a good friend no matter what you wrote.
    Suck it Richie

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Great. I didn't realize it was Cimini's question. I wonder what the reporters feel when they're answered that way. Maybe it "uh oh, long tenure ahead with this guy"

9. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

agreed. so sick of reporters worried more about being a celebrity than doing their job right.

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

This thread and the imbedded video have more than ever before highlighted to me how disingenuous and trash digging the NY sport reporters are. Cimini, Mehta and the likes are really not Interested in good news, only undocumented self created news that sells. Stupid questions to stir up controversy, and create incendiary news to sell their pathetic rags. Good for Williams and Vitt. It's time to tell these clowns where to go.

#10 LAJet, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    AJW, Leicester Jet, PabloJa and 5 others like this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We need grumpy coaches.

Keeps the players on their toes.

12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Williams clearly knows CB is an issue. You could tell by his answer.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Listening to Gregg Williams reminded me a lot of listening to Mike Westhoff's pressers.

FJF likes this.
  14. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

not one F bomb, appears borderline sane, in charge, well spoken, and a bit more humble than Rex

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

No we want coaches that know football and not willing to accept mediocrity. AG, GW and not JD is a great tandem that will demand the best or show people the door. I been waiting for years for people to be held accountable and playing smart. Finally we have coaches and a FO guy that gets it.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Interesting how he explained it was his way of creating a shock factor for the players so things are smoother on Sundays.

I liked his comment with regards to Leonard Williams, I don’t believe he’s going to be used to eat up blockers anymore, he’s actually going to be used as a pass rusher.

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Gregg is a very smart, savvy Coach who has won and wants to win like Gase !! he is personable, complimentary and very positive..he has one win , one good practice at a time attitude, plus he knows how to limit the questions from NY reporters/Media,,dude is a keeper Johnsons!

Big changes for the better imo

Gut says we are on the way to respectability with the Big Three (Douglas, Gase and Williams) doing their jobs

#17 NYJetsO12, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  18. Ive said all offseason even during the low points that this CS is positively no joke.Idk if it was Gase,MAC or CJ that made it happen but this is easily the best group of coaches we’ve had since Parcells.

Mosley,Bell,Crowder,Osemele & Q are all exciting pieces but its this CS that could lead to massive strides.

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this. I was surprised to not see any foam coming from Greg's mouth.:p

There is a huge amount of testosterone piling up on the CS and it will be interesting to see how it all works. Hopefully they can harness their competitive natures and work together beating the other teams and not themselves. If it does work, the Jets should be vastly improved just based on the CS.

One thing that jumped out in his comments was how he stresses attitude and culture - this is SO opposite of Bowles! What kind of culture do you get when guys sleep in and miss meetings and the HC says "Well those things happen"? Or when guys make stupid penalties that cost the game, or the HC himself doesn't take the time to learn how to manage a game? This all speaks to sloppy culture and it's no wonder the Jets were losers. I bet every team that played them were licking their chops knowing the Jets would probably beat themselves. If we didn't change a single player this new regime would probably been able to get them to .500 on the difference in culture and attitude alone.

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We may lose games...but we'll go down fighting.