'18-'19 NBA Anti-Warriors Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYJalltheway, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

What's up with Raptors fans cheering for KD getting injured? That is some of the most classless crap I've seen in a while. They deserve to lose the series after that.

Either way , this series is a win for me. I bet on the Raptors winning the title 1/4 of the way into the season and just yesterday I hedged my bets and bet the Warriors to make the comeback and win the series. Either way, I'm getting paid with very low risk.

#301 Sam Hammer, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Also, losing money either way. :D;)

I agree 100% about the Toronto fans. Just embarrassing to act like that. Your own players have to calm you down and tell you it's not right to cheer when an opponent gets a serious injury, as if they were 5 year olds. I'd love the Warriors to win the series now, but I am not sure they are good enough. On the other hand, they could be due to start playing better while the Raptors could be due to start playing worse.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  3. Sam Hammer

True, but the loss is insignificant compared to the win because the odds were 10-1 for Raptors winning and Warriors making a comeback was 3.5 to 1. It's the dream scenario for bettors. Profit no matter what :)

4. The Dark Knight

Yeah, good point. Rare for situations like that to pop up too, right?

Sam Hammer likes this.
  5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

So much for the narrative that Canadians are so well-mannered.

If anyone ever doubted that the Knicks were cursed, this sequence of events should put that to rest.

6. Sam Hammer

I dunno, I still think the Knicks are cursed. KD was allegedly their number 1 target and was considered a lock by many analysts to go to the Knicks.

The odds of that happening just dropped dramatically, especially if they confirm the achilles is torn like everyone is speculating.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That sucks about Durant. He might never be the same type of player. Achilles’ are the worst for basketball olayers

8. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Knicks should certainly still pursue him, but he probably won't play much next year, he may never be the same player either. In a way though this may help the Knicks, im not sure if Brooklyn is going to be willing to risk signing a guy that might be finished.....I think now though, there is a chance KD take his player option, sits out most of next year until he is healthy, then returns to the Warriors for another playoff run, THEN leaves. This whole thing is in chaos now.

9. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I agree: "If anyone ever doubted that the Knicks were cursed, this sequence of events should put that to rest." It's the notion that there is any doubt that they are cursed that has been put to rest. This injury was bad for Durant, and bad for the Warriors, but it was disastrous for the Knicks.

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I wonder what the Nets do with the Crabbe trade opening up enough cap space for 2 FA signings. I'm sure Marks had a plan A, B, and C in mind when he gave up two 1's to dump Crabbe. He's earned my trust so far.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Steve Kerr is asked if he has any regrets about bringing Kevin Durant back into the series. “I’m going to leave that to Bob (Myers)."

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Remember when Grant Hill was going to show everyone how tough he was, and how important winning was to him, playing that first round series on a badly injured ankle...

14. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It would have been worse if he got hurt his first week with the Knicks I suppose. At least they're not stuck with a max contract for a guy that's hurt.

15. The Dark Knight

What is the recovery time for a torn Achilles? I would assume a long time. No way he could be ready for the regular season.

16. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I'm no expert, but going off other players, it's usually 9-12 months.

17. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Last night on ESPN they had a list of players who had that injury and most of them took between 200-300 days to return. If that is the case, I would assume he would take the most time off as possible so he won't be back till March or April.....which means if his team isn't in the playoffs he won't be back until the 2020-2021 season.......which suggests to me he will end up staying in Golden State or perhaps Brooklyn. Sorry Knick fans but this is the nightmare scenario that has become reality.

The other side to this is that Kawhi Leonard has 100% been vindicated for not playing with the Spurs, Greg Popovich was a moron, and handled the situation as poorly as possible. The man could not play, and I doubt he would have intentionally sat to sabotage the Spurs in order to get himself off the team. Team doctors can't be trusted, they have the best interest of the team at the end of the day Kawhi did the right thing by going against them, and Durant was given bad advice. I heard both doctors, teamates, ETC pressured Durant to return, just like the Spurs did to Kawhi. Im sure Durant wanted to play, but he probably knew he wasn't healthy, but felt all the pressure in the world to come back. Now its cost him so much, makes me wonder if he is mad at the Warriors and could that drive him to leave regardless?

#317 SOXXX2, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Durant opts in for his last year, gets paid $30 million to rehab, comes back for the playoffs then bolts the following season.

19. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

any prognosis out for the Durant injury? Sure is taking a long time to get news

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

After watching that I feel much better about the Raptors fans cheering his injury. Durant has a net worth north of 170 million dollars. He has had a career if he never plays another professional game. Guys get injured playing pro-sports. He didn't get a diagnosis of Cancer. He'll be fine. He's done the thing he loves to do since probably elementary school. Hell be able to play ball again even if he can't play professionally.

It's an injury that can be rehabbed it's not a tragedy.

Red Menace likes this.