Bilal Powell - potential return? (Signed with Jets)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Jun 7, 2019.

1. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Very happy for him... to make it back form a serious injury and be a Jet again... wonderful story and one of my favs

BacktoQueens and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Or even HALF this much depth.

3. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Agreed. I loved the way Hector ran all over the dolphins in the 1991 finale that put the jets in the playoffs that year.

4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

"

Reunited and it feels so good for Bilal Powell and Sam Darnold.

The Jets and Powell initially parted ways this offseason, but he still finds himself with New York heading into the new season. After a workout on Friday, Powell signed a one-year deal to come back to Gang Green.

Darnold only had Powell in his backfield for seven games during his rookie season under center, but he is pumped to have him back in the mix when training camp kicks off in July.

"Great to have BP back," Darnold told ESPN's Rich Cimini at his football ProCamps. "Can't wait to get to work with him. I haven't seen him in a while, so it's going to be nice to be able to see him. I know BP is a great guy and obviously a great player, so it's great to have him back."

Powell is probably ecstatic he can simply play the game he loves, let alone with the team he's spent eight seasons with. His neck surgery that required surgery was potentially career-ending, but his was cleared by doctors to get back out on the field. The injury was very similar to that of Quincy Enunwa, who returned to action last season.

With Powell back in the mix, the Jets have some pretty good competition in the backfield. With Le'Veon Bell leading the charge, the Jets also signed Ty Montgomery to be a versatile backup option for Adam Gase's new offense. There is also Eli McGuire and Trenton Canoon who will vie for spots on the 53-man roster.

So Powell has a long road ahead of him if he wishes to make the team, but having him back in Florham Park is still a good sight to see.
    "

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/sam-darnold-excited-to-have-bilal-powell-back-with-jets/307907422

Bell, Montgomery and Powell make for a solid RB trio :cool:

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm hoping he's fully recovered. Neck and spine injuries are scary. Don't want to see him in a wheelchair because he didn't walk away from the NFL while he could.

stinkyB, NCJetsfan and macbk like this.