Worst Jet loss that you can remember

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJW, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Done in one.

2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Reading about the game sounds like a combination of Buffalo being up for the game with the pending OJ record and Jets coming out flat. Letting that crazed idiot run for 200 yards in mud and ice ......nothing to play for.

Your experience that day sounds truly depressing ...

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Very true, on all accounts.

But that's the kind of thing that builds character, right?

4. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

There is no need to go beyond the first post here. Cleveland '86 play-offs was our worst loss ever.

As a real old timer here, I used to get real nostalgic and wax poetic about particularly bad losses, I mean, what else do we have. LOL
    But with all due respect to the original poster, I think we have to stop with these kinds of threads.

Time to think positive and look forward to the future

AJW likes this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with purging the detritus from our pipes.

Onward & Upward!.... :cool:

AJW likes this.
  6. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

I feel your pain my friend. Losing is in our DNA. At least I have my Yankees. I hope they prove me wrong. I still think Namath made a deal with Satan. He said let us beat the Colts and my guarentee will go down in history and as long as I am alive we don't have win another championship.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

1998 @ Denver.
    2009 @ Indy.
    2010 @ Pittsburgh.

Doesn't get any worse than those 3 for me.

8. mrjet80

Of course not - those were the 3 title games . The Denver games wins out as the worst - the Jets has the lead and were 25 minutes away from a date with the Falcons . The same team they destroyed earlier in the season. I have no doubt they would have won the SB in Miami - exactly 30 years after SB III.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

Can a forum run out of space??? This feels like a thread that could. Pittsburgh in 2004 and 2010 hurt pretty damn bad. Buffalo Week 17, Indy, Denver. But it hurts most just being so damn bad compared to the Pats and losing so easily to them every year hurts. What i would give for an AFC East title and beating the Pats easily 2 times for a change. When we lost to the Pats at home recently and Brady was blocking down field and no one dare touch him was so embarrassing, Butt Fumble etc. Yes playoff loses hurt, but at least we got there, being a joke is worse, So i would say the countless times we have been destroyed by the Pats too easily in the last 5 years or so after Rex left. Plus Bills at home last year was pretty bad.

10. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I think you have to have two categories for this thread to work because any playoff loss automatically trumps any regular season game.

1. Worst regular season loss
    2. Worst post season loss

11. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Probably every loss where my brother would say, "Who the fuck drafts Geno ___ Smith?! The Jets do! Man you guys ____ suck ____! "

Followed by my dad saying, "Wow this guy sucks! Geno Smith, Hunh? The hell did he play in college... Sisters of The Poor?

No amount of beer I brought over could numb the pain of those family "get togethers" the last few years.

12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

6-3 loss to the Patriots in the early 90’s was a brutal affair. Others rank higher, but this was a terrible game if my 10 year old self remembers correctly.

13. mrjet80

I think your referring to a 6-3 OT loss in Indianapolis in 1992. Yes that was pathetic. The Jets actually kicked the tying FG on the last play and the Colts won in OT. That may have been a Browning Nagle effort......can't remember who the QB was offhand.

While on the Colts how about that 9-5 loss at the Meadowlands in 1984 ? Pouring rain. No TDs. Horrible offensive effort from both teams. The Jets were 6-4 going into the game and wound up losing their last 7 of 8 games that season......

14. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

The only year I had season tix. That was a brutal game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

15. mrmajix

mrmajix Member

This was gonna be my pick too! It was such a thrilling comeback only to fall short at the end. I couldn't sleep that night.

16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

2006 WC game in NE. I know we weren't supposed to win, but it was frustrating to watch us settle for FG's in the second half as well as after a fumble recovery in Pats territory. And IIRC, no Jet player tried to recover a live ball in the 3rd quarter after Pennington threw a backwards pass, leading to Wilfork recovering it and a Pats FG. The lone bright spot was a Cotchery 77(I think it was) yard TD, most of which were YAC after the Pats were caught off sides. Felt like that game should've been closer even in defeat.

17. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I heard the pact he made was only good for 50 years