Adam Gase Day 1 Of Veteran Minicamp

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Jun 4, 2019.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

c'mon man, you are quoting a guy who is making up a rumor that didn't happen.

Almost all GM's are going to take the best player especially with a top 10 pick, with the QB position being the main exception.
    Only on this board have I even seen it suggested that this is a bad way to approach the draft.

Ralebird, 101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Reaching for need is fine if it works out. I want the GM that knows when to take that chance and it pays off.

3. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Who’s making up a rumor?

1. What do I gain from that?
    2. I’m saying what I heard after day 1 of the draft.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

You have to entice a team a lot to move off what they consider the #1 player in the draft. I think that’s why Macc didn’t move back. He’s always been trigger shy early in the draft.

We as fans didn’t see much of a gap between Williams, Allen or Oliver but clearly Macc did.

It is funny that Macc was begging for a team to come move up at the combine and then failed to move back when the opportunity presented itself because he either got greedy or graded Williams higher than Allen/Oliver to the point where he felt like neither were worth a top 5 pick.

I’m so glad that dude is gone.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You aren't looking online hard enough apparently.

Ralebird likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Debating whether this actually happened (and I believe you) is the minutiae that fuels the skeptics and darksiders

Ownership took the right perspective>>>Macs entire tenure/body of work and sent him packing

We need to look forward to next week !!

Probably when the new GM is on board and pages of this BS will continue no doubt comparing him to his illustrious predecessor

#106 NYJetsO12, Jun 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Jeti likes this.
  7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Where did you hear that?

I'm not saying you personally made it up, but it's complete BS.
    It makes no sense.

Ralebird likes this.
  8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

All this came out after the QWill pick when it was reported Macc was getting fired. I’m assuming that’s why it fell under the radar but ultimately his indecisiveness hurt him.

If you look we had been talking to Oakland about a swap all day and we get on the clock and damn near milk it to the second and pick QWill.

Macc wanted more than the 2 they offered but I’m not sure if Oakland asked for more in the process. All I know is we were getting their 2 for a swap of 3/4. Maybe more was discussed, I’m not sure, I just know what I heard.

When you put everything that happened together it makes sense. If I ever come across the video or tweet I seen then I’ll post it. Until then I’m done with this, it’s water under a bridge.

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

10. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Knowing Mac he would have traded up into the first round & picked Polite... no knock on Polite.

NCJetsfan likes this.