Browns release LT Desmond Harrison

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GasedAndConfused, Jun 5, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

this would be a good cheap young guy to take a flyer on IMO. he has potential to take over one of the tackle spots. out top 3 tackles are all FAs after this season and we will likely need 2 replacements and the only possibility now is udoga. I'd bring him in and release Qvale personally

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Didn't Greg Robinson take his job?

3. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Snacks II.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

from the OP

After coach Hue Jackson and offensive coordinator Todd Haley were fired midway through the season, Harrison lost his job and never got it back. He fell ill before the Kansas City game Nov. 4 and was replaced by former No. 2 overall pick Greg Robinson, who started the rest of the way.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Put in a claim. We can have 90 players right now.

6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

For sure, with both tackles not under contract next year you got to take a flyer on him. I hope Gase goes ahead with it.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

our top 3 actually because it includes qvale but he sucks so we never mention him lol but yeah it's very likely in 2020 we have 2 new young starting tackles. I'm hoping Udoga earns one spot and if we can grab harrison he has potential to land the other. he started 8 games we have a high waiver priority as well and the browns seemed to like his raw talent and potential and seems like he caught a bad break due to a illness and new staff. worse case he could be solid depth with starting experiance and I assume we draft OT in the 1ts next year. it's a good class for OT.

8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Didn’t Gase get yelled at on here for making personnel decisions?

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Well Gregg will have some Intel on the kid so let's see if it leads to him coming here

10. Quinnenthebeast

This is why Mac sucked honestly, just horrible preparation by him over the last 4 years with Edoga being the highest pick he's ever made regarding offensive line.

HomeoftheJets and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

picking an o-line in the 1st round makes very little sense when you pick top 5 and none are worth it. you don't' pass on jamaal adams or sam darnold to reach for an OT in a bad o-line class

12. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

In another thread a poster wants Jets fans to stop being masochists—it’s the freaking defining characteristic of this fan base! And now you want consistency!?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

What about Doing this instead

Germain Ifedi over Darron Lee
    Joe Thuney or Cody Whitehair over Christian Hackenberg
    Mitch Morse, Rob Havenstein or Ali Marpet over Devin Smith
    Daryl Williams over Lorenzo Mauldin
    Orlando Brown over Nathan Shepherd

He could have built a great OL with all those wasted 2s and 3s and the last 1st he used on Lee

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the browns have a team full of criminals and douchebags and yet this guy was too much for even them. he must be quite the malcontent

Biggs, BacktoQueens and egelband like this.
  15. Quinnenthebeast

Ok but classic example was last year, when we picked Sam and immediately go back to interior defensive line and get Shepard in round 3. How you don’t draft offensive line or at least get another offensive weapon for Sam is gross negligence. Instead we pick a 25 year old kid from a small school, who appears to be a bust. Mac never even seemed to follow his own philosophy of drafting offensive linemen in later rounds either, as we got Shell and 1 other offensive linemenout of 4 drafts?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I'd put a claim in. Like you said Williams was the coach. Something tells me he let Kitchens ran that offense. Williams might have an opinion but if the guy can help sign him. Especially if he can play guard. Winters is my biggest concern after center.

17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Would be nice if we actually had a talent evaluator hired to determine if this slacker is worth a claim..

18. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

For some reason or another we would not have drafted all of these options.

Germain Ifedi over Darron Lee: Not sure of that draft but I think Lee was expected there.
    Joe Thuney or Cody Whitehair over Christian Hackenberg: No comment. Self explanotory.
    Mitch Morse, Rob Havenstein or Ali Marpet over Devin Smith: See above. This is scary and sad.
    Daryl Williams over Lorenzo Mauldin: Think Mauldin was slotted there like Lee.
    Orlando Brown over Nathan Shepherd: This one I lose sleep over. How do we not take a player who slid and father is an NFL player over a 25 year old DII guy. Awful.

I'm not saying I could be a gm but the first thing I'd do is build the o-line and build out from there. Mac never did that and this is the reason we are in the position we are in now. Two of the picks off the top of my memory I get three others I scratch my head. We should make a book for the new gm and tell him all the mistakes the last gms have made and what not to do. I think it'd help.

19. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Someone said he shouldn’t picked OL over Darnold and Adams so how could he build a good one.

I showed multiple opportunities to grab good OL with all those wasted picks.

Obviously I didn’t expect him to hit on all of those but damn imagine if he just hits on two.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Three stand out to me. Hackenberg, Smith and Shephard. Hackenberg might be the worse pick ever by this franchise and we could debate some really bad ones but he didn't play and NFL down. Should've went oline there. Devin Smith was the next coming of Stephen Hill. Had great speed. Besides running the fly there wasn't much else on his college resume. As I said before Shephard over Brown was a huge mistake. I don't think Shephard makes the team this year. This is why we are looking for a new gm.

Jeti likes this.