Worst Jet loss that you can remember

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJW, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

1998 AFCG- Minnesota got knocked out earlier and Jets were the best team left. They would’ve won that SB, 100% convinced about that. Then the 2nd half happened..

2010 AFCG- Still can’t understand how a team could come out that flat in an AFCCG. Not only did the team come out flat but the D had one more chance to give the O a chance to complete the comeback but couldn’t get off field on 3rd down. Rex was dead to me after that day.

2004 Divisional Round- Freaking Doug Brien and Herm. Ugh..

2. Sid Youngelman

Sid Youngelman Active Member

Jets vs Bills, 1981 Wild Card game. First time we were in the playoffs in 12 years! Jets were way behind only to make a great comeback late in the game. but fell short with seconds to go on a Richard Todd interception in the end-zone. Never got over that.

jilozzo likes this.
  3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

God damn you to hell

4. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Throw a dart at the map. Too many to count.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

You could have locked the thread straight after posting this video. We've had better teams and better post-season runs but we've never thrown away a game this badly. "Fake spike" runs it close but that wasn't an all-or-nothing post-season game.

AJW likes this.
  6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

ahhhh...this is more like it. LOL.

many, many to choose from - both regular season and post season.

post season - 1986 Div against browns AND 1981 WC against bills. the entire saga of the franchise is wrapped into these 2 games.

reg season - so many from the games in the early 80's against the seahawks and dolphins, to those in modern times....just too many.

7. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Not mentioned I don't think yet. 2015. Fitzpatrick interception in Bufflao. Bowles first year. Down the stretch the team played well. I believe we could've won a game or two. That was a tough one to swallow. Others moreso but it's up there.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Yeah, this seems to be an annual ritual that I guess will only end when the teams wins another Super Bowl.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I was at that game.

It sucked too.

10. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Yes annual ritual of torture. It starts with training camp in July. We have a chance. It ends in September after week 4 and we are 1-3 and a realization that the cycle repeats. For the next 12 weeks I'll watch meaningless football and be heartbroken again. December will come and we'll be relived the torture is over. The March hits and we sign a free agent. Get excited. Mosley Bell Super Bowl here we come. April. Quinnen Williams. Best player in the draft. Super Bowl here we come. July we're the best. Then repeat. Love our annula ritual.

11. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Depends on your definition of “worst”

Most heartbreaking is definitely the 2010 AFC championship game. The thought of Big Ben breaking the pocket and converting that final third down still makes me furious.

The WORST loss I can remember is the 2013 game in Cincinatti. I’ve never seen a more thorough ass kicking in all 3 phases of the game. Dalton and Marvin Jones looked like Joe Montana and Jerry Rice. I think Geno threw 2 pick 6’s. There was something off about that game from the opening kickoff.

12. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Every season.

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The Fake Spike game was brutal. I think we were playing for sole position of 1st in that game. That started a slide that lasted 2 and a half seasons. Didn’t help that my cousin is a huge Dolphins fan for reasons completely unknown. He was a dick about that game for a long time.

14. jilozzo

this game was something......i recall wes walker dropping at least 1 long pass that todd threw perfectly which would have been a TD. shuler was a beast that day.

AJW likes this.
  15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I was too. Fucking Bruce Harper.

AJW likes this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It was the last game I saw at Shea...I moved to Los Angeles soon after.

Nice send off.

FUCK YOU J-E-T-S!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

17. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

THIS...

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The past is the past. No need to think about it right now with the Jets' potential bright future upon us.

Hard question to answer though. I see many playoff game responses, but being in the playoffs or the AFC title game makes it a different kind of loss. No doubt disappointing, but it is impressive the Jets were there. The true worst losses were all the games they have given away through the years. I have talked about it many times on TGG, but the 2004 game vs. the Ravens was one of the toughest for me as a kid. I literally missed school the next day and I am 100% sure it was because of the game. 14-0 Jets, then Lamont Jordan throws the INT to Ed Reed, otherwise it is at least 17-0 Jets at halftime. The Jets would go on to lose in OT 20-17. I'll never forget it. Brutal.

mrjet80 likes this.
  19. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

'98 Championship game. That should've been our year.

'94 Fake Spike game. Ugh. I hated seeing that idiot Marino doing something clever.

20. jilozzo

There will be more......we will certainly have more to choose from after the next 20 years. LOL

The Dark Knight likes this.