GM Interviews To Start This Week

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, May 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

What makes you think guys wanting out because he didn't run a country club is a bad thing? Why do you care? The only thing I care about is can he mold 53 individuals into a a winning team.

FYI Ross bought 50% of the Dolphins in 2008. In 2008 the Dolphins went 11 and 5. In 2009 he became the majority owner. The only winning season the Dolphins had since was the 10 and 6 season under Gase.

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I repeat "bullshit" because that's the word you used to describe anything you don't agree with regardless of how true it may be.

I link an article that cites three veteran players still on the team as being happy Gase is gone but to you it's bullshit - because you don't agree. You focus on one or two guys who also complained about him but it's bullshit to you because you don't agree because they've happily moved on from Miami.. Where's the balance? Where's the simple acknowledgement that your boy Gase is not the ideal leader of men if he has so many happy to see him become the Jets problem instead of theirs? And you automatically disregard anything even ambiguous about Gase because it doesn't fit your scenario.

I haven't ignored anything; I've posted articles that show opposing viewpoints exist; open your eyes, man; open your mind. There are dozens of articles out there showing It's not all lollipops and roses; probably a dozen for every one that claims he's some kind of super coach, with no record to back it up.

That's bullshit! Let the guy coach a few games before proclaiming him infallible. Why does everyone need to prove himself except Adam Gase?

4. Ralebird

Regarding the bolded: Why ask me? I never said that or even anything like that.

I care because I'm a fan of the New York Jets. I don't think Gase, the coach is the right guy for the job but I'm willing to wait and see. How can anybody ignore all the negatives and be sure he is? Why do you care?

You might find your FYI relevant; I don't. To fill out your stats, the following year he reversed his record to 6 - 10 and followed that with another losing season at 7 - 9. What's to celebrate? I want better; I think you do too.

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I could easily decide that anyone the Jets hire is going to suck and make a case for it. The reality is Gase was the most qualified HC hired who's name wasn't Bruce Arians. I get the impression that our new HC is a demanding guy who wants to run things his way. I think that's a really good quality in a HC.

I'm not a homer. I probably hate the Jets more than is necessary. I know anything and everything that can go wrong will go wrong. What I have actually seen from Gase so far is he's worked his ass off, has sounded like a guy who knows what he's doing, faced the media straight on and is running what appears to be a good first camp.

I really don't get why we need to build the case for his failure based on he's lack of success with one of the worst rosters in the NFL.

It's not about opposing viewpoints. I don't think anyone here is convinced that Adam Gase is guaranteed to be an answer to winning Jets football. More likely it's going to be Sam Darnold and the complete 53 man roster coached by a staff that is organized and teaches sound football principles that is communicated in a way that the players understand it and can execute it.

The problem with your narrative is it has zero to do with Gase's ability as the leader of our coaching staff and the ability of that staff to adequately communicate, coach and scheme wins and losses with a roster that is a work in progress.

The petty day to day interactions between human beings will always be in play. There's an expression, "no good dead goes unpunished". Nice guys often are hated and have all the baggage that you're complaining about. I remember the Giants players grumbling about Tom Coughlin rules and regulations. Some of those same players absolutely love the guy today. The same was true of Lombardi and lots of really good NFL coaches.

Personally I want Gase to succeed. There are a million reasons other than his ability as a coach that could sabotage him. That was just as true in Miami. We have a bright, young guy who wants to do his job. He has experience both good and bad. Why not be in his corner, at least until the first loss.

ColoradoContrails and cval like this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Dude.. you are bitching endlessly about the best, perhaps only good thing, about Adam Gase. So weird.

Lazy veterans didn't like him? awesome... that's exactly what the NY Jets need. It's been a country club here with Rex and Bowles, veterans loved it and didn't win shit for almost a decade now.

I hope these lazy vets all hate his guts

7. Ralebird

My "narrative" of the ability of Gase, the Coach "as the leader of the coaching staff and the ability of that staff to adequately communicate, coach and scheme wins and losses with a roster that is a work in progress" is based on his performance doing the exact same thing in Miami for the past three years. What better basis could there be or forecasting the future?

There is no more reason to cite Coughlin and Lombardi than there is to cite Winner, Kotite and Bowles; he is none of them. Gase is the only one with something to prove. I don't get why we need to build a case for his success based on his never having had any. How about keeping an open mind and a Missourian's attitude of "Show me"?

8. Ralebird

I'm not bitching about anything. Can't any of you guys disagree without putting words in someone else's mouth? Is every thread on this site now supposed to be filled with only positive takes and positive press clippings? What about balance? What about acknowledging Gase was embroiled in far too many personality conflicts in Miami?

The fact is that many Dolphins players and other personnel were happy to see Gase depart. Some may have had selfish reasons but many may have reasons based on what they experienced. To attempt to prove that Gase was unfairly maligned by disparaging and discounting some of the most productive players of the Dolphins is ridiculous. You'll never convince anyone that Gase is the right guy for this job if the best you can do is compare him to the last two guys before him.

9. BrowningNagle

I don't have to convince you or anyone that Adam Gase is the right guy for the job, nor am I interested in that. You seem to have your mind pretty made up for one and two, that's Gase's job not mine.

It sure seems like you are bitching but if you aren't then your posts make even less sense. You aren't bitching you are just informing people multiple times that there are people in this world that don't like Adam Gase.

well.. duh.. I think we all know that

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. Ralebird

Yeah, everybody knows it but too many here have not only jammed their fingers in their ears chanting la, la, la, la, la in hopes that the reality will go away but they insist that everyone else does the same. I said from the beginning I believe Gase, the Coach was the wrong guy for the job but am willing to let him prove me wrong. There are a handful of guys here who seem to believe he has already proven himself, refuse to acknowledge his problems and can't abide a dissenting view. I mean somebody just compared him to Coughlin and Lombardi!

11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Being a players coach or being an also can both work as a head coach. If you fail you will get called out more if you are an asshole. You have very few chances to be a HC in the NFL and this is most likely the last chance AG has. He is betting on himself and wants people around that "he thinks" are going to be the means to that end. Sound an awful lot like Parcells when he was struggling with the Giants.

You do not know AG and I do not either but the has had some success and with a young QB I am excited to see what he ca do. It as been ages since we have had an offensive minded coach lets give him a chance. You maybe right he my not be the right guy but either was Her, Rex, Mangini or Bowles. If he fails we will just add him to the list and hope the next guy can succeed.

I listened to Miami reporter talk negative about Gase and it made me like him more because his opinion was based on emotion not fact or football facts. We hired him let him do his job and hope he does it well. It is not a popularity contest, lets win some games if you do not buy in get F*** out. That is how you win and Have a FQB.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

A decidedly two sided coin. You have been making the case that he is a failure based on a sample size that's ridiculously small. You have unmercifully attacked him for the simple opportunity he has to prove it. You don't have a basis for your argument that Gase is a failure at all. You have a small sample size and in that sample size we know that Gase under Rosses ownership has the only playoff performance and winning season since 2009. We also know he's been playing with a bad roster and second rate QB's do to injury for his two losing seasons.

Not surprising that you bring up Missouri. The show me state is below average in education, life expectancy, median income and apparently decent arguments.

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

So who do you think the Jets should have hired?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. Ralebird

I have been making a case that he was a failure in Miami based on the facts of the situation. Cold. Hard. Facts. That is the basis of my argument. On the other hand, some guys here have made the case that he is some kind of quarterback-whispering superstar based on...wishful thinking - but that's okay.

Unmercifully attacked? Gimme a break!

Of course whatever the status of Missouri is doesn't matter; you knew that - but they have a great state motto.

16. Ralebird

I don't have enough information to decide.

17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

How'd that work out for him in Miami?

As a HC, you need to find a way to motivate the players you have, and especially need the vets to buy in.
    You can't ship out everyone that isn't drinking the Kool-Aid you are trying to sell to them.
    That's the number 1 thing that concerns me about Gase......the ability to get the team to keep playing hard during adversity.
    Not sure why you reference Rex above, as his teams always played hard even when they sucked.

18. BrowningNagle

it didn't work out for him in Miami. Not exactly breaking news there. But if you think that way, you would never hire a coach with experience because everyone gets fired at some point

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Then that makes your strident disapproval of Adam Gase all the more strange.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Maybe he needs to change his approach, and find a way to motivate players, rather than repeating the same failed trait you were praising..

Ralebird likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.