Manish Mehta Articles Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MaximusD163, May 20, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Did Mehta really write an article in which he predicted Darnold to be the best QB in the AFC East this season? I heard them say that on the Buffalo radio this morning

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He did. I wouldn’t be shocked if Sam is the most impressive quarterback in the division but there’s no reason to believe Brady won’t end up with the best numbers. We all know what he’s trying to do, he’s just taking the rare approach of propping up the Jets player rather than bashing him to get clicks.

3. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I've fallen into the Patriots trap. Brady is old. He'll stumble this year. Someone in the AFC East will unseat him/them. Not anymore. Not until I turn on my tv some September and he is not playing will I say anything else. He's the best qb in the AFC East. Nothing else needs to be said. Even if statistically he is worse than someone what he does on the field will get the Patriots to 12 wins.

4. BroadwayAaron

Manish’s latest is a real piece of art. He markets it as some huge expose and needless to say it doesn’t even come close to delivering. Long story short, and so that no one seeks out the link and clicks it, Chris Johnson tried to set up meetings with Kingsbury’s agent before the season was even over. That’s about it.

egelband likes this.
  5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

He has an agenda. Sam is a great talent and if he’s not a top 10 qb it’s the Jets fault. He lost his mole in Mac and he was out witted by Lombardi so he’s taking it out in C.J. and Gase. And this article is the same shit wrote days after the firing but rearranged to seem different other then the Kingsbury info. I have never seen a beat writer act like this and let’s face it Cimini has written some fucked up shit. Not that he cares but I unfollowed him and this article will be last Manish I read until training camp. I couldn’t disagree more about the dysfunction. Mac’s season was over and now we have the pick of the litter for our GM search. C.J. fucked up not firing him with Bowles but better late then never. We will go into trading camp with a new front office team and I could not be more excited if we get this right.

egelband and FJF like this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

So how much do those airplane banners cost again?

7. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I didn't read the article just the synopsis. If Johnson did is that really a knock on him? Owners/GMs/whoever else is in charge always contact coaches players etc agents to gauge their interest. So in December an owner reached out to an agent. The owner knew he was firing his coach. This doesn't come as a shock. This is just the way reporting is. Sensational reporting to get a rise out of people rather than just the facts. Tough to read anything now a days.

I just read it. If Mehta just reported this that'd be fine and as I said earlier nothing surprises me with behind the back meetings. Add in Bowles should've been let go in November. The problem with the article he keep bashing home the Jets are a mess and so is their ownership. I don't disagree with him but their is a time and a place to bash them. At this point no. If the 5 gm candidates said no and we couldn't interview or hire someone then it would be ok. Right now just calm down let the process play out and lets hope Darnold rights this ship.

#27 AJT73, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
  8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Mehta is an asshurt fuckin trainwreck. I hope eventually the players start calling this guy out for the shit he stirs.

Can't stand the prick.

9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

He has gone into full meltdown mode. The NYDN must be desperate to keep a beat writer who is airing his personal vendetta on the team. He was so mad when Joe and Evan on WFAN called him out too on his BS. You can see his agenda a mile away.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Not sure how Sam Darnold is in any position to "right this ship".

He can win every game but that won't fix the problem...if there is one.

I'm of the opinion that Chris Johnson wants to do right by the team, but is very inexperienced managing people.
    That's why Gase temporarily grabbing the tiller did not bother me one bit. Find a strong, decisive GM and we're good.

Most of the hub bub surrounding the Jets is whipped up by media. The Jets suck so therefore everything they do must suck as well.

11. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

I don't understand why anyone reads his stuff anymore.
    It's a personal with him and hardly anyone agrees with him.

12. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I guess I'm trying to say if the Jets win and have a franchise qb that will help fix the media attack on us. It won't fix that ownership is awful. That won't be fixed until the Johnson's sell.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'd be ok with Chris Johnson continuing to run the team. It seems his heart is in the right place.

Maybe he's serious about getting more involved...hopefully he learns some things.

A new owner could be way worse than the Johnson Bros.
    They aren't the worst owners in the league.