GM Interviews To Start This Week

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, May 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Apparently the Vikings guy turned us down in 2015 and the Seahawks guy has been there since 2001 and has only interviewed once with another team. Something tells me these aren’t going to be our guys.

DSL97 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Vikings guy, no. The Seahawks guy, well that sounds like exactly something the Jets would do. :mad:

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Only 18 years this weekend..

Ralebird and boozer32 like this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That sounds familiar.
    The problem is, what you posted is the extent of what you can find with "a simple Internet search. "

But feel free to do the deep dive and spend hours of research making actual connections between regional scouting and players drafted, if you like.

6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Good point.

7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Happy Anniversary.

Attackett likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I hope the Jets don't serious interest in either. The Vikings OL was no better than ours last season, and Paton turned us down once before. I hope he turns us down again. After Idzik, I'm not sure I want anyone else from the Seahawks, either.

boozer32 and Red Menace like this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The more I think about this, the more Douglas makes sense. Not that there aren't candidates out there that know how to do the job well, especially player evaluatons and drafting, but how many of them have worked in a high media market? Or with someone like Gase? On this last point, maybe that shouldn't be a consideration, but in reality it has to be. He's the HC right now and he isn't going to get fired before the season (I don't think but then again it is the Jets). Douglas has worked in a high media market and with Gase, so added to his other credentials, I think he's the best fit and I hope he's the guy.

10. NCJetsfan

You may be correct, but I see racism too often in too many areas of life to think that it doesn't still exist among rich, white team owners. Sure, the likelihood of a racist owner hiring a minority candidate would be slim and none, but as you said, and I said in another post, it raises the profile of the black candidate, gets their name out there, and they get practice on their interviewing skills.

As for my own life, I have friends of various ethnicities (there's only one "race," the human race) and genders.

#90 NCJetsfan, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
    boozer32 and Noam like this.
  11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Vikings were 30th ranked rushing team in the NFL last year, don’t know if it was injuries or just bad drafting on their part.

I know most guys are excited about Douglas but it seems that unless Jets hire a proven GM like a Dorsey or Caldwell, all these assistants to the GM are not proven, Decastro might end up being a disaster in Baltimore, even though he succeeded Ozzie.

I hope whoever it is, they can implement a serious blueprint that emphasizes oline as well as defense.

Judging by the amount of o linemen taken in the second round of this years draft, I see a hand full of teams are trying to be balanced about drafting o linemen, if I were Chris Johnson I may look at the assistant from those teams and see what type of offensive blueprint they would implement as GMs.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

We will know for sure if Gase is a liar if this is true. He said he the next GM should have control

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. 101GangGreen101

I think interviews are good because you get different perspectives, but hopefully the Jets are keying in on Douglas

14. NCJetsfan

I agree. That's why initially I said that I hoped that Chris would interview between 4-6 candidates, but then someone pointed out that might offend Douglas and cause him to lose interest in the job. I hoped that Douglas would have been the 3rd or 4th candidate to interview so Chris would have several candidates with which to compare perspectives, learn more about building a team and running a team, and find the candidate who best fits what he and the Jets want. Due to his background, respect he commands around the league, and his great relationship with Gase, I think he is the best man for the job, and the one I really hope takes the job. If the media is correct that he is the frontrunner (and I think he should be), I hope that the Jets treat him as such and get him hired soon.

15. NCJetsfan

Hmmm Wonder what Gase thinks about that? If they're as close as reported, I would think that Douglas would listen to what Gase wanted, and Gase would trust Douglas to get him the best/right players. It will be interesting to see if that is the case.

16. Gase agreed to it w MAC & everything he has said indicates he doesnt want control of the roster like he had in Miami.He just wants input & someone who understands his vision for the team.

Plus teams arent likely to allow permission for their candidates w.o it being outlined that the GM position has full control over personnel/roster

#96 KurtTheJetsFan, May 26, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2019
    ColoradoContrails and boozer32 like this.
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Just what we need. :mad:

Another power hungry megalomaniac that wants to do his job properly.

What's next?....the guy who cleans the uniforms is gonna want soap?

18. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

I agree it raises the profile of minority candidates.

But I withhold referring to someone as being a racist unless I see evidence that they are a racist.

19. 101GangGreen101

If true, it should be a done deal and hopefully we will hear news next week.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

I respect that, and agree. I'm not claiming that any of them are racist. I just would be surprised if none of them are. Hopefully, I'm wrong. I wish that racism would cease to exist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.