Gase Quotes From Today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, May 20, 2019.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Who's panicking?

I see the iceberg (and it is as big as a iceberg) up ahead I'm just calling it like it is.

Total control goes to proven winners like Parcells was back in the day or a Jim Harbaugh not a antagonistic, unproven HC Adam frickin' Gase in the media capital of the world.

The odds of this thing ending well are close to non-existent. In fact it has disaster written all over it.

CBG likes this.
  2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Wtf alternative world are you living in?People and their conspiracy theories. I'm not so sure what people like you are even mad about. I'm not even sure you are.

The jets fired a bad GM.... How is that anything other than that? Since when was Mac good? Even if Gase did make a power play, (which he didn't) why would it matter if he got a bad GM fired?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Some people just hate change.

[​IMG]

NYJetsO12, twown and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I would love for you to be wrong and have this all end well but I am in total agreement that this is the recipe for disaster. That said everyone has an opinion and if guys and gals want to say that all this Gase stuff is good they can say just that , I just don't understand what they are basing this on ? Yes change is good but change can also be for the worse and Gase has only proven to me at least that thus far he is a loser and possibly a control freak.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It would be ignorant or naive to allow a GM to continue in the job until the end of this season - 7 months - because you think that's the "right time".

To say it again:

1. Macc should've been fired two years ago when he completely missed taking Mahomes or Watson when they needed a FQB, but the Johnsons were apparently unaware that this was such a major mistake so they not only allowed him to stay, they extended him.
    2. Since he was allowed to stay, he should have been fired when Bowles was because they failed once again to reach the playoffs and had a terrible record, but again Chris apparently had not yet taken his "deep dive" and so didn't realize how much of this failure was Macc's.
    3. By the time the draft was over - with network footage of him sitting alone in the draft room - it FINALLY dawned on Chris how bad Macc was. AT THAT POINT MACC HAD TO GO, NOT BEFORE, AND CERTAINLY NOT AFTER.

You can cry all you want but it doesn't change that reality.

SOJAZ, NYJetsO12, tomdeb and 2 others like this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

It's not like it would be hard to do, like we would have to read your mind, or hack your email. You've said the same thing over and over to the extent that I have it memorized.

Enjoy your holiday.

7. ColoradoContrails

You're making up a narrative and then believing it. Gase does NOT have "total control". I understand that you really, REALLY, believe that he does because it fits your narrative, but the facts say otherwise, and no matter how often you repeat your story it's not going to make people believe it.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If it's not hard to do why do you so consistently get it wrong?

Maybe it's better if you characterize your opinions and I characterize mine.

Have a weekend!

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm waiting to see how the team looks in trainiing camp before I definitively decide that Gase is the next Kotite or Belichik. I think we'd all be better off if we just went with the flow for now.

One thing Jets fans should know by now is that there's a lot of time to bitch after things go wrong. Spending a lot of time on that endeavour beforehand is just wasting the rare moments of hope that a Jets fan has when a new regime comes in.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets went 5-11 next year and I wouldn't be all that surprised if they went 11-5. We have a strangely wired, wonky coach with odd mannerisms who wants things to be his way or the highway. A lot of bad coaches have started out like that but most of the great ones did also.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I heard an interesting segment on The Hidden Brain on NPR today. The guest was a researcher on the brain and how people react to different stimuli. It turns out that some are hard-wired to be conservative/traditionalist/resists change and others are hard-wired to be more liberal/progressive/innovative and seek change, and some are hard-wired to see things through a more negative filter while others are hard-wired to see things through a more positive filter. Environment makes some difference, but much of it is biological. This makes sense to me as I have often wondered how people can see things so differently.

#290 NCJetsfan, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
  11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Be worse if you just spotted $20 on the floor :eek:

12. K'OB

:p:D:D:D:D:p

13. K'OB

Jesus, that should come with an 18 certificate :eek:

14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

What did Carroll do in the NFL before arriving in Seattle?

There’s dysfunction because you say so...got it. So why is morale around the building great. Why are the players/coaches locked in and focused?

You wanna keep reaching and crying be my guest but you’re way off base.

15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Do you believe this man will be worse then Todd Bowles?
    Do you believe this man will be worse then Mike McCagnan?

I don’t, because they were both trash. I’m ready to roll the dice with someone new, come what may.

Burnz, Jets_Grinch, NYJetsO12 and 6 others like this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

81, most of us would think " how can he be any worse " than those 2 but until we see more we honestly don't know

17. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

The boar hunter lol. Boy, the Jets have stunk at drafting.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

He has a pulse that makes him better than Bowles already.

Jets81, Jets_Grinch and tomdeb like this.
  19. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

"I'll have to watch the tape on that."

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

ROFL now that we have self appointed Board Certified Psychiatrists declaring Adam Gase is on the verge of a breakdown already:eek:

Poor guy has his hands full with his Tourette's and now he is halfway to the Funny Farm ...smh 10xs

SOJAZ, zace and HomeoftheJets like this.