A POSITIVE New York Jets Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, May 24, 2019.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, but you don't seem to understand how this works. You don't get to orchestrate the responses here, regardless of what the title is.

Interesting take from PFF on the draft and free agent signings, Jets "could be a contenduh!" the GM must have done a helluva job this year.

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Always the level head around here, good post, TDK

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He has a point. This isn't a thread for taking shots at each other or posting negative crap. If you don't find anything positive to say about the Jets present situation, then you shouldn't post in this thread. It's that simple.

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

That "kid" may have a valid point. It's very simple, just don't post negative shit in here. Pick another one of the thousand threads active, and post in there.

5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

If the NY Mets had this it'd be coin-operated.... The one common theme reported from multiple sources yesterday was how fantastic Sam has looked. That certainly is EXACTLY what we all want to hear.

6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Burl-Lesson! Le’Veon Bell

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[QUOTE ]Thanks! I nominate this for Post of the year and thread of the year!

I agree with all of the above.

Positives/Likes
    The biggest positive for me is the firing of Mac and the opportunity to get a quality GM in. This also gives me some hope that Chris Johnson is learning and that he realizes that he needs to get a professional in here to run the team.

I wasn't a fan of Gase and didn't want him as HC of the Jets, but have to say that I like most of what I've seen so far: his leadership, his no-nonsense approach, his decisiveness, and with the right GM could possibly set us up for a golden age of Jets football.
    I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, but it's hard.
    I haven't seen a HC like this since Parcells. Even though he made some mistakes in Miami and may not have fully learned the lessons from those mistakes yet,
    I like that he is an experienced HC and isn't going to have to learn how to be a HC on the job. Hopefully, he can focus on learning how to be a better HC.
    I'm excited with Sam's potential, especially with Bell, Crowder, Enunwa, Anderson, Herndon, and Montgomery around him to throw the ball to.
    I think Jamal Adams is going to make a lot of big plays this season, creating a number of TOs, will make All Pro and is on his way to HOF career.
    I'm excited to have Osemele and think he's going to be a rock and really help solidify the left side of the OL.
    I think his leadership and style of play should benefit the rest of his OL mates.
    I also have hope that Pollack can improve the play of Shell, Winters, Beacham and Harrison and turn them into at least a solid unit.
    I like the signings of Ty Montgomery and Trevor Siemian. Hopefully, Siemian never has to see the field, but
    I think he gives us a much better backup QB, and could possibly even wind up becoming trade bait if Davis Webb steps up and shows that he can be a quality backup.

Hopes
    I hope that either Jonotthan Harrison is a lot better than I think he is or that we will add another C via camp cut signing or trade
    I hope that Shell is fully recovered from his injury
    I didn't want Q. Williams, I wanted Josh Allen (and still do), but I can't help but like Williams. He's a likable kid, has a lot of talent, and is NFL ready.
    I hope that I was wrong about him not being a good fit, and that he produces the way everyone's projecting him to.
    I think he will enable Leon to be much more successful in sacking/pressuring opposing QBs.
    I have hopes that Wesco is going to surprise people and be a lot better receiver than people give him credit for, and think his blocking will be a big part of whatever success the offense has.
    I'm hopeful that Gase or the new GM (if he is in place in time) adds a C via trade or camp cut who is better than Harrison, our offense could be pretty darned exciting this year.
    I have some hopes that Polite can provide a better pass rush.
    I hope that Bellamy, Brown and Cashman make our coverage units even better.
    I hope that our OL depth is improved with the additions of Compton and Edoga. [/QUOTE]

I agree. Well, I think I agree. I'm not sure. I need to think about it.

8. Ralebird

No. You are totally wrong. What's extremely simple is that anything posted here by anyone is open to relevant comment from anyone else. You've been around long enough to understand that is how forums operate

Perhaps those looking for sunshine, lollipops and rainbows should petition the management here to open a new section exclusive to the unicorn riders where they can put all their fantasies.

The Dark Knight and joe like this.
  9. Ralebird

See above.

10. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

that is the right attitude.

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

If they get some help at CB then this could be a decent year for the Jets - I am really hoping that Bell provides a shot in the arm for the offense and I don't care too much how much he gets paid - we are about to enter a new round of CBA negotiations so who knows what the cap is going to look like going forward (save that I expect it to go up even more)

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This is the positivity thread. You're technically free to post whatever negativity you want but that doesn't mean you should.

13. Falco21

See below

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Falco21

Find another thread to post your negative bullshit

15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I’m excited about what appears to be an innovative approach to learning under Adam Gase. Real time analysis is cool, but what else is he doing that we don’t get to see?

I also liked the quote about a chess match between coaches on offense and defense...especially since it’s just OTA’s.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Thanks Matt!
    You are right. You can respond to any post/comment any way you want. However, I did ask what are your positive thoughts? So, @Ralebird, what are yours? There has to be something positive you like about the Jets right now.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

Ralebird, I'm sorry that you're so miserably unhappy and negative that you can't think of anything positive to add, and feel the need to be disrespectful and piss on other's parades.

I can understand how any Jets fan can get that way, as this team is amazing at how it can rip our hearts out, disgust, frustrate and depress us. I've been there myself. I sincerely hope that you can find something to like, some positive. Life's too short to go around being miserable and unhappy because of this accursed team.

#58 NCJetsfan, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
    chandler and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Nick Mangold? Agreed! Very positive! :D
    [​IMG]

19. NCJetsfan

I originally was going to explain to Ralebird why I disagreed and thought this thread should only be for positive comments, but after I saw that you didn't mind if he or someone made a negative comment, I deleted it. I then changed my mind and decided to go ahead and respond to Ralebird.

The Dark Knight likes this.