Gase Quotes From Today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, May 20, 2019.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I think the whole the coach is hired/paid to coach and not pick players is a tired, worn out philosophy. This day in age where the game has changed I think coaches, who want to see their schemes to the fullest potential, should definitely have more say than they’ve ever had in terms of bringing in players.

GMs and scouts should look for the best versions of the players that coaches want to be part of their teams.

If Gase wants RAC guys everywhere then we should be finding the very best RAC guys from all over and getting them in here.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You and I both. Anyone who has been on here long enough, knows I am a BIG optimist. I always look at the glass half full because in all honesty, I just try and live my life that way. It's easy to just be doom and gloom all the time, especially being a fan of an organization that has been pretty shitty for a long time. But things just feel different now. When this forum is going back and forth bickering about a new head coach having too much power and whether our previous GM, who was hated by a lot of people on here, was fired at the right time or with the right intention, you know things are just different. These are problems, if you want to look at them as problems, that are breath of fresh air. We're no longer discussing how boring Bowles is. How he holds no one accountable. How Mac sucks. How Mac is not on the same page. How Bowles demands zero respect from his players. And on and on.

We now have a head coach who is throwing all of that out the window. He comes in as a pure football guy. Has a personality. Made the media look stupid yesterday. Speaks to players constantly through text. Is in tune with the players and knows offense.

It truly feels different around here. Let's see if that translates to wins

3. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Nice post. It does seem different (better) now. Not sure the record will be a lot better but let's hope so. Going forward, we should have:

1. A GM and coach who actually communicate before and during the draft about draft picks.
    2. NOT drafting square pegs for round holes, or 7th rounders in round 2 like Hackenberg.
    3. A GM/coach that hopefully puts a premium on building a quality OL, including using decent draft picks, not retreads
    4.. A coach with some balls who talks back to the media, instead of weakly mumbling "I'll have to watch the tape on that."
    5. Some discipline for players who skip meetings, instead of a coach who excuses it by rationalizing that not everybody has an alarm clock, or something like that.
    6. Just a winning attitude--the last three years I really EXPECTED the jets to lose about every week, and it looked like so did they.

But, as so many have posted, the best laid plans...

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I guess one can see why Jet fans can be a bit...umm...pessimistic.

What's hard to understand is the negative reaction to Adam Gase's determination to change the losing culture that has surrounded the team for years.

I'm more concerned about Greg Williams.

He's a lunatic. :mad:

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

But he’s our lunatic.

Acad23 likes this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I saw a twitter post that quoted C.J. Mosely... saying "it is like Adam Gase and Gregg Williams are playing chess every day in practice".

NCJetsfan, Jets81 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What's really hard to understand is where you see this "negative reaction."

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Look in the nearest mirror.

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Unlike you, I'm a "glass half empty" guy, although I must have an optimistic bone in my body or I wouldn't keep rooting for a team, hoping THIS is the year they'll reward my faith! In any case, I does feel different, although I'm not certain that will mean reaching the playoffs. But they need to be in the hunt until the end, and not have the stupid mistakes and penalties they had under Bowles (and Rex for that matter). I think Gase is going to instill discipline, and it may wind up that some good players are cut loose if they don't follow his recipe...I'm okay with that as long as the outcome is a better team.

But what seems really different is having a HC who REALLY knows the Xs and Os,especially on the "O" side. I think we're going to see a whole new style of play from the old "ground & pound philosophy of years past. If Gase can find a way to use Bell, and Sam continues to build off his last four games, this offense has a chance to be a top 10 or better one.

Gase is an innovator, an actual coach in the true sense. He installed a big screen in the corner of the practice field so that players can immediately see what they did, wrong and right - that's smart...correct problems right away while it's fresh in the player's mind. Compared to Gase, Bowles was like a statue - good riddance.

tomdeb, NCJetsfan and Jeti like this.
  10. Ralebird

Your characterization is as flawed as your reading comprehension.

I have no problem at all with "Gase's determination to change the losing culture." It is to be applauded. Not agreeing with everything he is doing in the interim is not at all the same thing. It seems that some of you demand nothing short of blind acceptance of whatever this guy does and will defend hasty, unproductive moves while you "Amen!" at empty promises.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Seems like you're bitching about everything he's done.

I'm not gonna get upset over signing a b/u punter....

12. Ralebird

Nor did I. But I guess that fails to fit your narrative about that everything! Too bad.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Really?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

No no no no it's not that it's how power hungry he is and how he aquired this power so soon with the Jets only weeks after being fired by Miami.

I REPEAT he was FIRED by Miami earlier this offseason. All of a sudden he's a organizational culture changer HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

It's sheer madness.

Ralebird likes this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Who gives a fuck how power crazy he may be.

I take it you want Bowles back.

I can respect that...:confused:

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The shittiest thing that's happened lately is the new uniforms.

I'm sure Gase had nothing to do with that.

17. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Getting MacCagnan fired was very stupid on his part.

If things don't go great in year one MacCagnan could've/would've been the designated scapegoat.

Now there is literally NOTHING to be a buffer between the NY media and GM/HC Gase. I see this guy having a nervous breakdown unless by a miracle he wins a SB in year one and with the Patriots still the Patriots and still in the division the odds of that happening ain't lookin' too good.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

5-11
    5-11
    4-12

THAT'S MADNESS!

I'll even put in a few angry faces............:mad::mad::mad::mad:

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

What?

A buffer?

Hire Bowles back...he'd be the perfect media buffer.

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

you say that like its a bad thing

HomeoftheJets likes this.