A POSITIVE New York Jets Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, May 24, 2019.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks! I nominate this for Post of the year and thread of the year!

I agree with all of the above.

Positives/Likes
    The biggest positive for me is the firing of Mac and the opportunity to get a quality GM in. This also gives me some hope that Chris Johnson is learning and that he realizes that he needs to get a professional in here to run the team.

I wasn't a fan of Gase and didn't want him as HC of the Jets, but have to say that I like most of what I've seen so far: his leadership, his no-nonsense approach, his decisiveness, and with the right GM could possibly set us up for a golden age of Jets football. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, but it's hard. I haven't seen a HC like this since Parcells. Even though he made some mistakes in Miami and may not have fully learned the lessons from those mistakes yet, I like that he is an experienced HC and isn't going to have to learn how to be a HC on the job. Hopefully, he can focus on learning how to be a better HC.

I'm excited with Sam's potential, especially with Bell, Crowder, Enunwa, Anderson, Herndon, and Montgomery around him to throw the ball to.

I think Jamal Adams is going to make a lot of big plays this season, creating a number of TOs, will make All Pro and is on his way to HOF career.

I'm excited to have Osemele and think he's going to be a rock and really help solidify the left side of the OL. I think his leadership and style of play should benefit the rest of his OL mates. I also have hope that Pollack can improve the play of Shell, Winters, Beacham and Harrison and turn them into at least a solid unit.

I like the signings of Ty Montgomery and Trevor Siemian. Hopefully, Siemian never has to see the field, but I think he gives us a much better backup QB, and could possibly even wind up becoming trade bait if Davis Webb steps up and shows that he can be a quality backup.

Hopes
    I hope that either Jonotthan Harrison is a lot better than I think he is or that we will add another C via camp cut signing or trade

I hope that Shell is fully recovered from his injury

I didn't want Q. Williams, I wanted Josh Allen (and still do), but I can't help but like Williams. He's a likable kid, has a lot of talent, and is NFL ready. I hope that I was wrong about him not being a good fit, and that he produces the way everyone's projecting him to. I think he will enable Leon to be much more successful in sacking/pressuring opposing QBs.

I have hopes that Wesco is going to surprise people and be a lot better receiver than people give him credit for, and think his blocking will be a big part of whatever success the offense has.

I'm hopeful that Gase or the new GM (if he is in place in time) adds a C via trade or camp cut who is better than Harrison, our offense could be pretty darned exciting this year.

I have some hopes that Polite can provide a better pass rush.

I hope that Bellamy, Brown and Cashman make our coverage units even better.

I hope that our OL depth is improved with the additions of Compton and Edoga

#21 NCJetsfan, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I did too. I like the coach barking "Work! Work!" and that things kept moving. There was little or no standing around or wasted time.

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I haven't felt this optimistic since Parcells's first season. I subsequently became disappointed with how he did things, especially missing out on getting P. Manning. But while I have some reservations, there is definitely reason for hope, especially starting with the removal of Macc. I will give him credit for some of the things he did, especially this year as far as getting Bell, Mosely, Osemele, and I'm going to try to be optimistic about his draft picks. Still, it was too little, too late, and he still didn't fill some major holes that had been there since his first day.

Gase is a REAL coach. More importantly, he's an offensive coach and a student of the game. He's innovative - installing the big screen at the practice filed so players can see right away what they did and how to improve is terrific!

I can honestly say that I may not be a "glass half full" guy yet, but at least it doesn't look half empty anymore.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great responses so far guys! Thanks. I enjoyed reading each of them. Positivity and optimism is nice to see and I think it is realistic for this 2019 Jets team too.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

A-FUCKIN-MEN!!!!!

You know damn well I love this thread!! I am fuckin STOKED for this year!!

And I can not wait to see what Darnold looks like under Gase in year 2

6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I really thought I was being positive this whole time.

But then I looked up at the big replay screen after my last rep and saw how I was being sort of SOJ. That really is a helpful innovation.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Can you tell this^ to @Ralebird

He's been quite upset with the direction of the team lately.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  8. Love the CS theyve assembled on both sides of the ball.These young players could make massive leaps if everything comes together.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Introspection is a great tool for personal growth.

nycarl, NCJetsfan and twown like this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Fixed for you.

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Guys ..this looks like the Green and White Store is having a grand Re Opening

Place is definitely under New Management

12. ColoradoContrails

Yeah! Now get back in there and show us what you've got!

NCJetsfan and twown like this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

He, I, yourself, and many others have done exactly that, but he's bound and determined to deny that anything Gase is good.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he wants Bruce Coslet back...

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, agreed. Even players like Leonard Williams and Tremaine Johnson could make big leaps with Gregg Williams as the DC. I think Avery Williamson could shine too. Adding Quinnen Williams in front of him, and CJ Mosley next to him should really allow him to show his skill. I think he was underrated last season. No need to say it, but the sky is the limit for Jamal Adams too!

KurtTheJetsFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

The Jets didn't embarrass themselves in a game tonight!!!!

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The direction of the team lately has been 10-6, 5-11, 5-11 and 4-12. That would be upsetting if I allowed myself to be upset by something as trivial as an entertainment entity. On the other hand, I'd be quite pleased if the Jets could some season win more games than they lose or possibly even play a few extras, but it won't change my life.

And both you and NC are more than welcome to expend time and aggravation wishing and hoping that the latest iteration of NFL genius will deliver something he never has.

18. Ralebird

Bald-faced lie!

I actually commented that I liked the two innovations of Gase, the coach of using the QBs' headsets to feed them plays during workouts and the instant replay screen there.

Try as I might, I still have not found anything to praise from Gase, the GM. (Or even his existence as same.)

19. Ralebird

Now you're just making shit up.

20. JetsCuseYanksFan

Take this outside boys. I’m not blaming Ralebird, others started the pushing and shoving which inevitably derail our threads. Let’s keep this one truly positive about the Jets and not dig at each other’s opinions (even if for fun) - we have plenty of other threads for that.

Here is an article I saw the other day:
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-surprise-playoff-contenders-for-the-2019-nfl-season

The thing I keep thinking about is our overall roster and how many upgrades we made since last season - some through subtraction - but mostly through FA and the draft. I think someone had started a roster thread a few months back, would be great to update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk