Gase Quotes From Today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, May 20, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Which is more "concerning" to you?

-Adam Gase signing a backup punter and 10th string wide receiver while working as interim GM
    OR
    -Ownership not allowing Adam Gase to make any moves what-so-ever until a new GM is hired?

I mean, the guy is the interim GM, if you won't let him sign a backup punter then why name him interim GM because you obviously won't let him do his job. Imagine the micro-managing there. "Hey you are the GM but you can't even sign a backup punter"

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Gase can't help it if Mac drafted Lee in the first round, and Lee's present value is only a 6th round pick. Herndon and Sterling have clearly shown that they can catch a football, and Brown and Wesco have as well, they just haven't had as many opportunities because of the systems they were in.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah. Very valuable guys. The entire rebuild would be destroyed if these guys weren't hired.

By the way, I haven't claimed signing these guys was a problem, but getting rid of guys with value is - there's nothing crucial about doing that now.

4. Ralebird

Yeah, as noted I don't really care about the punter. As far as Thompson, I don't really care either but note he doesn't have a history of big production and is thirty years old. The TE he dumped is only 25 and what he could do is yet to be seen in a position where the Jets are thin.

Darron Lee for only a sixth round pick is ludicrous and Leggett had plenty of interest and signed in one day. Tell me again why those two should have been discarded for the equivalent of a sack of obsolete uniforms.

5. NCJetsfan

You'll have to ask G. Williams and Gase about why they traded Lee. I would have kept him, but obviously, they don't like him or his attitude, and they had no plans to keep him, even if he had played well all year. Mac had tried to trade him, and was holding out for a 5th round pick. Big deal difference.

I think they should have tried to trade Leggett, but Gase doesn't have the contacts or experience in making trades. They needed roster room, and evidently Leggett was not in Gase's plans for the future and he wanted fewer TEs around so that those who will be staying could get more reps.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Do you have a source suggesting Lee was worth more than a sixth rounder?

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

lol still giving u a chance for a counterpoint but of course you are proving me right. i literally asked for another POV and instead you said fuck off.

8. Ralebird

If you think for a millisecond that I get worked up over this stuff you could not be more wrong. I have zero invested here and sleep quite well. Such a comment makes me wonder just how important all this nonsense is to you.

9. Ralebird

I have the opinion that Lee is worth more and his value will only rise as the 200 or so linebackers in the league begin to get cut and injured. You don't need to agree, but again, what's the hurry to get rid of him?.

stinkyB likes this.
  10. Ralebird

Thank you for making my point.

K'OB likes this.
  11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I did think the same tbh, the very reason not to name him "acting" GM, just get the real GM in asap or better still have him lined up before you sack the out going one.

I am not fussed about Gase sacking the scouts, obviously, they are crap or we would draft better (maybe harsh as we don't know if Mac ignored their suggestions of course?) but we will assume they are below par and need got rid of.

Not so keen on him releasing players and signing journeymen in the interim period between the him handing over to the real GM and we do need the real GM to negotiate the number 3 picks contract as I can't see Gase being much good at that either.

You want how FREAKING MUCH :eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad: trade him for a 5th ;)

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

There was absolutely no reason to sell so low on Lee other than Adam Gase exerting his power. His power that he must’ve already forgotten failed him so badly in his first stop.

Everyone agrees that Miami’s roster was terrible last year but are ok giving power to the man responsible for that roster. Go figure.. Jets fans never seize to amaze me.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Well that is a point of view.

Kind of. :confused:

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

For someone who is such a stickler for facts and proof, how about showing us where I told you to "fuck off"?

You're no better than anyone else here. You pick and choose which "facts" to provide as it suits your case, and attempt to dismiss or ignore opposing POVs, and as as far as I've seen here you've never once admitted you MIGHT be wrong, or not 100% right.You're just a tedious bore, and you CAN quote me on that.

NYJetsO12, tomdeb and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

the "fuck off part" was a summary. you said that but in a nice way lol.

all i did was ask for your POV and instead you spent 3 posts with nonsense and childis insults instead of telling me your POV. this has nothing to do with wrong or right here. there is no right or wrong. it's just us giving our curant POV on the state of the jets. i offered mine, you said it was wrong and that i should look at another POV, so i asked you to explain your POV and you ranted insults so i mean, i'm sure you have to see how bad you look and the idea of being "right or wrong" on a forum is so beyond stupid i can't imagine a grown adult caring that much like you are right now.

16. ColoradoContrails

ROFL! You really ought to read your own posts sometime.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

you should read them sometime as well :)

18. ColoradoContrails

I will if you will.;)

19. GasedAndConfused

only if u make a point at some point in this conversation :)

20. NCJetsfan

Lee's value probably would have risen some, but probably not that much. My question is why take reps away from players who will be here and perhaps hurt their play just to try to get a little higher draft pick? Similarly, why let him learn what our defensive plays and strategies will be? Finally, Lee's value could have also gone down if HE got hurt, which is just as likely as some other team's starter going down.

#180 NCJetsfan, May 22, 2019
    Last edited: May 22, 2019