Who Do You Want As GM?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, May 20, 2019.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I’ve honestly never heard anyone referencing point differential unless they’re pushing a specific agenda.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If we're not going to get a Pres. of Football Ops that will lay out the blueprint for this team, then next GM has to be able to do this first and foremost. He also needs to be able to work with the HC, and between them, identify the players that will fit best in said Blueprint. Douglas and Wolf both sound good.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If by "pushing a specific agenda" you mean "trying to objectively evaluate Gase's tenure in Miami" then we're on the same page.

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I don’t really think that’s what’s going on.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We already lost a game to the Giants for biggest joke in town

7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I've had about enough of your condescending drivel on this board.

The Almighty, Harpua.

What makes you think you are so ahead of the curb? Why do you think you have it all figured out and that anyone that differs in opinion from you deserves to be called a Moron?

You came at me earlier in another thread as If I don't invest thought into my posts, telling me to read between the lines, then tell me in another post that I am either ignorant or bluntly ignoring facts.
    Obviously this is a lot more mild than this quote towards another poster, but It's hilarious that you think that your some magnificent intelligence gracing us with your presence currently.
    Get off your high horse bro.

Maybe, "TRY", taking the time to inquire why the posters on this board may be suggesting the things they are. Instead of taking the immature route by calling others names?

You aren't better than anyone else on these boards. You are not this almighty football guru on these boards.

Most of your posts that I've read are just basic opinions, what gives you the right to call another poster a moron?

Simply because they don't share your views?

It's bullshit.

Straight up.

8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

It does speak to something though. Those blowouts could mean the team came out flat, unprepared, or had too many injuries to overcome. Poor game plan, etc.

Hard to say, but not so easily dismissed.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Harpua. This post is a personal attack. I kindly ask you not to repeat.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Point differential is a good indicator, I'm with you on that. I will say that I think it means Gase got the most out of a bad roster. We don't know for sure of course but I don't think Miami had enough talent to say he was lucky to not get exposed as a terrible coach

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Oh it matters of course, I’m just saying for me personally every game is different.

Point differential won’t tell you Gase beat a good Chicago Bears team with Brock Osweiler at Quarterback.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That's exactly what's going on. And I don't appreciate you implying otherwise. Up to this point I assumed you were also debating in good faith, but clearly that isn't the case. If you believe that strongly in Gase that turning a debate about point differential into an attack on my motives, when I've also posted numerous times in Gase's defense, the only one pushing an agenda is you.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

He had what many considered the worst roster in football last year. He actually beat us twice and NE once. 23 and 25 with the roster he had was a great coaching job.

People here wanted McCarthy who went 13 and 18 the last two years

15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I wanted McCarthy. And one of the main reasons - aside from that I think he's a good, experienced, winning, offensive-minded coach - is that he had a successful track record, and it would buy him some time to get things turned around, or at least up and running right. When Gase was hired, one of the things I pointed out was that if he doesn't get this thing going right immediately there's going to be an uprising and I had (have) doubts his personality could handle it. Sadly I think this is coming to pass and we haven't even played a game. I'm as impatient as ANY fan here, but jesus! Can we at least see how the season unfolds before we hire the plane and the banner?:mad:

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Good faith? Was it this a negotiation lol?

I’m simply just trying to examine what’s going on.

I mean dudes are now jumping down Gase’s back for firing a scout and bringing in a WR to compete. It’s getting ridiculous.

So it’s hard to tell who’s got an agenda and who doesn’t. I apologize if you were offended however.

17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Was he responsible for that shitty Roster? That really is the question that we are worried about.

18. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I want a rotating committee of season ticket holders. Jet's fans know best how to choose personnel.

19. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

you say that now lol give it a few years. people said the same about a ton of our OCs only to come back years later and go you know he wasn't that bad.

and yeah gettleman is the worst which goes to show how stupid this is. if gettleman isn't fired, how in the hell is mac fired