Who Do You Want As GM?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, May 20, 2019.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

So thinking Gase was a good hire is foolish, but thinking he was a bad hire is not foolish. What makes one foolish and the other not?

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Sorry, but you can't claim posters are "backwards dudes" in the same sentence in which you use "Yall."

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I was one of the few that supported the Gase hire from the start. I thought he was a bright guy that would learn from his mistakes in Miami. It’s pretty clear that not only did he not learn from his mistakes he’s already repeated them...less than three months into his new job.

4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'm interested in Douglas as a candidate, but he does seem a little inexperienced to me.
    What do you like about his resume, and how it compares to someone like Wolf for instance?

5. Ralebird

Okay, to paraphrase, how the fuck do I know? Nobody on this board has enough information about any potential candidates to make an informed decision. Anyone proclaiming they do is either a) an insider or b) full of shit.

Of course this is true of virtually everything on this website and if it was required that anyone posting anything knew what they were talking about the whole thing would be out of business.

#25 Ralebird, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It's clear that he repeated his patterns. But I won't go as far as to call pushing Mac out the door a mistake.

themorey likes this.
  7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

That way we can get a new HC and GM next years props

8. HomeoftheJets

Wolf looks like a good candidate too, but given the Gase-Douglas connection, I think Douglas is more likely to take the job.

9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

1. Wolf
    2. MCCloughan if sober.
    3. Tobin. Anyone that can deal with Mike Brown can deal with easily with Gase's temper tantrums along with the Johnson brothers.

4. I would put Douglas here but I do not think Gase should be rewarded for his bad behavior. He does not need a GM that will enable more bad behavior but someone who will stand up to him. If we hire Douglas it likely means the Gase fiasco will continue into 2020 as both are like lo y to get fired together. A neutral GM candidate leaves open the possibility that Gase will be gone after 2019 if not by mid-season.

#29 Noam, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
  10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Again, I'm asking who you would want as GM, based on whatever the fuck you do know lol

It's a message board. It's a place to discuss all things Jets. Considering we are in the market for a new GM, it would be cool to "discuss" who we, as fans, would prefer, whatever your reason may be.

From now on, ZERO discussion on anything unless you are highly educated on the facts or privileged to have insider information

FJF likes this.
  11. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Did you not read your own post lol

12. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Okay now you can see into the future.

Gase has a 23-25 record and that’s with basically no QB as talented as Darnold.

It’s not a given he’s gonna Fail. His track record shows he’ll at least be average at worst. Let’s see if he can exceed that.

13. HomeoftheJets

Gase's record doesn't tell the whole story, the Dolphins point differential was one of the worst in the league. So either Gase was getting the most out of a bad roster, or he was lucky not to get exposed as a terrible coach.

14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

His point differential was bad but at the end of the day a win is a win and a loss is a loss. Whether by 1 or 50.

A lot comes down to QB play, we as Jets fans understand this.

Darnold is the best QB he’s had since Manning. I have faith they’ll click and we’ll score points. Not to mention Williams running the Defense which hopefully plays aggressive this year and seeks more turnovers.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

For the Dolphins, a win was a win and a loss was a loss. But we don't care about what the Dolphins did, we care about what Gase will do here. And usually point differential is better than win-loss record at predicting future success.

16. Ralebird

You can ask all you want; I'm not going to answer simply because you asked.

I do not have enough knowledge to nominate someone for the job. At the same time, I don't believe anyone here has the knowledge to nominate a candidate. Having said that, I do believe that if a candidate is named there are people here who can do enough research to develop an educated opinion that the candidate is either qualified or not.

There is not a single thing I can find that indicates the guy currently sitting in the General Manager's chair is in any way qualified to do so.

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

This text in from my rabid Jets fan friend, Vinnie today:

"I hope they hire the Eagles guy Douglas if they can get him. Notice I said hope not think. Douglas, that I can live with. Pick Six Podium Peyton has never run a team. Please, the last thing I need now is for him to screw the Jets by learning on the job as a GM. That being said, that's who they will hire. #embarrassmentofanorganization."

18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

youre not getting laid latey are ya

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I want a GM who won't easily be influenced by Gase, and who could get him fired if needed.
    Having a strong Gase connection is not a positive imo.

I like where Douglas came from having grown in the Ravens org, but I do worry he only has 3 years heading Player Personnel.

20. Ralebird

Illiterate and irrelevant is no way to go through life, Son.