Maccagnan is Fired!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by westiedog1, May 15, 2019.

1. But isn’t leadership,Discipline,direction & fortitude exactly what this team needs?

I mean there are worse things than a HC that wants to implement true change to an organization in desperate need of said change.

Jeti and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

3rd maybe and I might do it if I didn't think I could sign him to a reasonable deal.

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

they didn't break anything down really. all they did was list how many current starters with no differentiation between a jamaal adams type starter (all pro) and say a harrison type starter (possibly the worst starter at his position) unless there was another post you are referring to, but just listing starters isn't a great measurement

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Yes but I don't think this is about accountability , time will tell but I think that Gase believes he is the smartest guy in the room when I'm sad to say he's not. GOD I hate that they hired this putz

alleycat9 likes this.
  5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

there are, but all the things that we were warned to watch out for seem to be happening very very quickly here with this guy.

this was an up and coming team at one point. they needed better leadership and to continue on the upward trend. im not mad that he got rid of darron lee, i thought he sucked too, but its about being that control guy and not having checks and balances (which the fo allowed to occur) and he is free to do whatever he wants.

id prefer we didnt have to start over in 3 years, im definitely going to be worried about the state the organization is left in 3 years from now and i have little to no faith that gase is the answer.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. Who is smarter, more knowledgeable in the Jets room about football? Maybe only G. Williams, and that's not a given.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I can understand that, but I had little or no faith in Chris Johnson or the Jets as long as Mac was the GM. I now have more faith and hope than I did.

tomdeb and alleycat9 like this.
  8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

And what makes you think he's not? What are you basing your opinion on? Have you met him personally and spoke at length about football?

Because if you base your opinion on tons of articles and testimonials from previous players and coaches who have been around him, he's one of the smartest guys they all have ever met when it comes to football.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i can understand that, we have different views and concerns at this point. i think we can both agree that chris and woody are in way over their heads. only time will tell.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Difference between Chris and Woody is that Chris seems to know that while Woody didn’t.

I’m hopeful, we need someone to come into the building and shake shit up honestly.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Falco, I will answer both you and NCJETSFAN in this post = I am pretty sure that, Joe Walton was one if not the smartest guys in the room when it came to football knowledge , the same can be said for Bruce Coslett, Herm Edwards, Todd Bowels, Rex Ryan, heck someone once told me Rich Kotite was a very smart football guy and there are probably many other coaches who supposedly knew their stuff = do you guys get my point ? If not let me make it clearer and that is just because someone claims that a guy knows his X's and O's or claims that " this guy knows his football " doesn't mean jack shit until they actually attempt being a head coach in the NFL and then they show us all what they really know or are capable of. So If you guys want to debate what Gase has for an IQ all I can say is that I have no idea but if you guys want to sell me that this guy is a good coach all I can say is I don't need a news paper article or the internet or your opinion or anyones hopes , I just look at his record in Miami ( Im not talking about whether he can get along with other humans just his record ) and as smart as he was and supposedly still is = HE WAS A LOSER as Dolphin Head Coach.

Ralebird and alleycat9 like this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I think your point is well taken - just because you're smart doesn't mean you have common sense, or can put that intelligence to good use. And maybe this is a problem with Gase. But, you need to acknowledge there was a lot of other stuff going on in Miami, with owner interference and questionable GM moves (sound familiar?). I'm still hoping that Gase learned a lot - and that Chris has learned a lot - and that they can defy the odds and create a winning team. Do I EXPECT this to happen? Of course not, it's the Jets after all, but if Gase blows up this soon, this WILL be the biggest shit show, in an organization known for them, in their history. I really don;t want to entertain this possibility right now.

CBG likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

CC ,shit goes on everywhere with every team and yes stuff happened in Miami of course but to think that Chris Johnson or Adam Gase ( who was out of work for 3 commercials) had time to reflect on things or that they had an epiphany and things are suddenly golden = sorry CC that I won't acknowledge. I would love to be wrong and hope I am but I think a shit show awaits

14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Gerald McCoy was just cut by the Bucs. Are Arians and Bowles toxic, egomaniacs?

Btw I can’t believe they’re letting such a productive player go.

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I find this a very strange characterization. Steven Ross was not prowling the sidelines making substitutions and sending in plays or otherwise interfering with Gase in the performance of his duties. As the owner of the business he has the right to decide the direction of that business and expect those he hires to perform according to his instructions and answer to him. For one of his key executives to ignore the owner and tell the owner he would not explain himself because he knew more about the business would not be tolerated anywhere. For Gase to believe such conduct is acceptable is damning.

CBG likes this.
  16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Yet I look at his record in Miami and think he's a really good coach. He had what I would consider one of the bottom 3 rosters in the league and Miami unlike the Jets wasn't drafting in the top 3.

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

How do you know this? The fact that Gase told him to back off with his attempts at interference says otherwise. Should Gase have told his boss to go piss up a rope? No, but it's not like he was the first to do so. Remember Billy Martin? He told George to shove more than a few times. If you believe in yourself, sometimes you have to take a stand, but you also need to be able to live with the consequences. Apparently Gase was prepared to.

I was never a fan of Billy Martin - I personally dislike pugnacious people - but I did enjoy him leading the Yankees to championships. And I did like how he held EVERYONE, including "The Straw That Stirs The Drink" accountable. I see parallels to him with Gase. I hope Gase has similar success, but if he doesn't then he should be fired ASAP. But as of now, how many games has Gase lost for the Jets?

tomdeb likes this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Adam Gase had a better winning percentage in Miami than Bill Belichick had in Cleveland.

Bam!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Belichick has done nothing without Brady. Belichick sucked for 5 years with the browns. He was 6-10 coaching the Pats in 2000. He was 0-2 coaching the Pats in 2001, and then Lewis knocked out Bledsoe and Brady took over. The year Brady was hurt (2008) Belichick's Pats did not make the playoffs. Belichick knows Brady is his meal ticket. When Brady retires, so will Belichick.

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

So easy to this you have a 50/50 chance of being right then you can say I told you so. You have no control so why not hope for the best. There are a lot of coaches that struggled their first time around and there are plenty of really good coaches that have had success and then sucked. At the end of the day it comes down to talent on the roster and QB. If you don't have the talent or a talented QB you will not win in this league no matter how good of a coach you are.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.