Manish Mehta is a Disgrace (Was in 2017 and still is in 2020)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

He fired a bad GM when he realized that it wasn’t working. Sure he was late but would you rather be sit with Macc, who was seemingly sabotaging Gase, the entire year or get a new guy in here now to begin preparing for the 2020 offseason.

2. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

See above.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I saw what you wrote but will agree to disagree this better late than never stuff don't fly with me

4. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

I noticed that too. He is acting like someone slapped his baby in the face. Likely just another reporter who lost his inside source and is having a tantrum.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  5. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

What’s done is done, are you going to continue to let mistakes you’ve made haunt you? Or will you admit you messed up(CJ did that) and do what needs to be done to get things in order(CJ is doing that)

We can’t keep holding onto the fact that he didn’t fire him in January.

6. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Was CJ supposed to just keep Macc because of optics?

I swear between the fans and media who are pushing this dysfunction narrative it’s got me questioning if this is just because it’s the Jets or if people are really analyzing what’s going on.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It's possible to think that Macc deserved a pink slip and to question whether Gase is the HC who will lead the team to the playoffs and a Super Bowl victory. I want to believe in Gase, but I can't overlook what he did in Miami.

CBG likes this.
  8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

What did he do in Miami?

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Jack shit.

Ralebird and CBG like this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I dont get why reporters complain, they will end up with another source if they are in good standing

11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

That's not true. In fact, he had a pretty good run in Miami. In his first year there, he went 10-6 finishing 2nd in the AFC East, taking Miami to their first playoff appearance since 2008. His final record in Miami was under .500, but that has a lot to do with terrible moves in free agency and the draft and horrible options at QB.

I wouldn't call it jack shit

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

I’m guessing it’s harder than you may think. For example, is any reporter confident that Gase will be a source? Or the new GM? It’s possible, but for now they all flip out cause they have nobody and have to start from scratch.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ding Ding Ding exactly

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Falco that Miami team was worse in year 3 than it was in year # 1 of Gase, the team got worse the longer he stayed. You and others can buy in if you want I'm in Champs corner now a days " SHOW ME "

Ralebird likes this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Manish seems to get sources with each regime. Maybe it is harder seeing as I am not a writer. But I would assume if you are in good standing with the people internally you will always have some source.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Today he just casually posts that the Jets have had trade discussions about Marcus Maye, without any proof or any timeline. Literally just to stir shit. It is truly embarrassing. I mean this guy is complete trash. Watching The Last Dance, it shows the negativity the media can have and the Jets have to have the most negative media in the sport. None worse than Mehta.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The only saving grace is that I think we dodged a bullet with Marrone. You can hate Gase all you want, but Marrone is just as bad.

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I think Gase was the worst possible hire and is one of the worst coaches in the league that is actively stunting the growth of our potential franchise QB and even I can see that today’s garbage from Manish was just that, garbage. A total hit piece with no semblance of a source. Manish is a pimple on the ass of society.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Lol. Dude I'm convinced your college girlfriend cheated on you with Gase or something. The hate is unreal. Jeez. We just had our 3rd best season in 9 years last year. It's sad and the franchise has pretty much been a joke since the second AFCCG but man. Give the guy a second year.

Every comment you have in any Jets thread is about your dislike for him. It's obsessive.

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Indeed, and last week he wrote a worthless piece on JD should have drafted another WR. A total rehash of Cimini’s piece the week before, but with zero substance behind it, like alternatives, names who JD should have drafted....nothing. Much like the whole tabloid he works for, articles are nothing but stir the pot crap because his butt it’s hurt since no one in the org talks to this bottom of the barrel writer.