Florio: Jets Pursuing Peyton Manning For GM Vacancy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Snatch Catch, May 17, 2019.

1. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

It’s amazing how the Jets always know better than anyone else and always go outside the box. Their long record of success shows how adept they are at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Casserly is all about $$... Love the idea of him giving us a list of Horrible candidates, that's money in the bank.

Lots of guys here are saying Peyton doesnt have experience, look at John Elway in Denver. He had no experience, now hes GM and VP of Ops, and if I were to compare the football I.Q I'm sure Peyton would be ahead. The game has changed and the traditional GM is no longer as effective imo. More players are turning into competent coaches and front office guys.

I am not a big fan of the Mannings, but if there is any Football player who is capable, it's got to be Peyton. Peyton was a cerebral QB, played in the new football system with Gase, understands both sides of the field. As matter of fact when he was playing he was making coaching decisions all the time.
    Personally Id like for him to be paired up with someone with front office experience.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I'd love to bring in Peyton manning, but would rather have him as a coach. I'm not sold on him as GM, but a front office or coaching position makes sense.

4. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Where's the sarcasm emoji??!!??

:cool: :rolleyes: o_O ;)

Wahoo likes this.
  5. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

What we think doesn't mean shit anyway, so I could give a damn less if they hire Mickey Mouse and Goofy to run this train wreck. If they can go out there and win games and get to the playoffs, I'm in. Maybe Wile-E-Coyote would be a good selection, I don't know. Right now it just looks like a huge cluster fuck...no plan, no clue, just seat of the pants WFO. Gase is starting to scare me.

cval likes this.
  6. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Why do we need Peyton Manning unless it's 1997 all over again? He's never been involved in any sort of front office stuff. He's never had a desk job (and he'll never need one) he makes commercials now with Brad Paisley.

Hire a guy who's been a GM (or has worked closely with one) who has worked their way up. Who's scouted.

Wayne Gretzky was the greatest hockey player ever. He was a shit coach. Ted Williams...greatest hitter. Shit coach.

BrowningNagle and Jets69 like this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

"The most important point here is that there are no good options moving forward. The Jets have so unbelievably screwed up this past year or so that it's almost impressive."

Are you backing off the ledge yet?

Believe me, you should be..and there is always a way out

You are forecasting the worse for Adam Gase>>>already losing the locker room and pre season hasn't even begun (?)

Wow, lets give the guy a chance..I am sure hes learned from his previous failures

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Whats more is that Manning has no ties to the Jets AND no imperative for success.

So, when the going gets tough - he will just quit. We've seen it a lot with legendary players in these types of positions. He's a legend whether he fails with the Jets or not, so he doesn't need to stick out any tough times. These players like the idea of the position, but they don't really want to cut their teeth any at the craft.

People really think Peyton Manning is sitting at home dying to turn around the NY Jets franchise?? LOL

but Chris and Woody Johnson though, they get to visit Peyton Manning's office in their building. maybe share a beer at a BBQ function at their house to impress their friends. How cool for them. :rolleyes:

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Who cares if he has experience? The guy is a football genius and uber competitive. He would command instant respect and be the brightest football mind that’s been in the building since at least Parcells. He also would have enough connections throughout the league to surround himself with experience people.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I really don't understand why anyone is even entertaining this as a realistic possibility.

Jets81, stinkyB and VegasMav like this.
  11. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

The way I see it, is that the Johnsons are in the pro sports ownership is for money. They bring in big names to bring in revenue. (How has that worked out for the Jets) Having people hired without experience, hoping they find a gem. It's obvious that the Johnsons have been blindly looking through rose colored glasses, they have no football knowledge and rely on advisors. If they sold majority rights of the team, they still could enjoy the benefits of pro-sports ownership, just no control on how the organization should be run since that is their weakness. Sell at least 51% of the organization to a person or persons that are football people with the hunger to win. Johnsons are in it for the money, the new majority owner is in it for the championships. (of course money too, but not a motivator). That's just my take.

12. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

How has this worked out for the Jets? Just because you look good with new uniforms, doesn't make you a better player. I agree that Peyton is a football genius, shit, look at the size of his noggin. What I'm saying is, in today's NFL game, there are only so many games a year one can get experience at the pro level. And no one can predict how a GM and team will perform regardless of experience. Peyton is not ready yet to be a GM. It's different if the GM is going to a successful team vs. going to the Jets. This organization doesn't need band-aids. Jets fans want to win just like everyone else, but the organization is dysfunctional and Jets fans are use to this every single season. Build our hopes up, only to have them dashed by week 4. SOJ

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If I were the Colts, I'd be urging Peyton to take the job so he can make all of his mistakes with a retard franchise like the Jets, then they can hire him when he has experience and contacts around the league and be an immediate success.

stinkyB likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

because it would be a move you could see the Johnson family doing

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

[​IMG]

The Brothers Idiot, as I call them. It sounds so much better than The Idiot Brothers.

[​IMG]

Adam Gase. Self-explanatory.

[​IMG]

Peyton Manning, also self-explanatory.

That's really all I have to say about that.

16. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Is he a football genius? He's a great quarterback. That doesn't make one a football genius. Doesn't mean he can run a damn franchise

Jets81 and Ralebird like this.