Game of Thrones HBO Weekly Discussion (Enter at your own risk of Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Dumbest fuckin ending to a show I have ever witnessed. Holy shit

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Lmao what an ending

3. 101GangGreen101

Lmao

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Is Jon Snow Banished for killing Dany?? And how is a dragon smart enough to napalm that darn Iron Throne the root of all evil?? heheh

Can someone tell me what JS is doing leading a Tribe of people thru the forest if hes banished???

I liked the idea of making a disabled person King,of the 6 Realms,,other than that:

Another episode they mailed in ...pretty disappointing, meandering and confusing . One things for sure>>>ship building is more important than Brothel reconstruction

#2324 NYJetsO12, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
  5. 101GangGreen101

Actually to quote again I'm sorry

6. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Dany dying was inevitable, and logical, and yet it felt anticlimactic, like it should've been a huge moment, but nope, she's dead, oh well. Drogon melting the throne was a bit convenient, and flying off with Dany's corpse a bit corny, but I could roll with it. I think the episode would've been...OK, not great, but OK, if it had ended right there. And then it kept going. And then it put fucking BRAN in charge. And then whatever the fuck that small council meeting was supposed to be. WITH BRAN IN CHARGE. Literally the only parts of the post-regicide portion of the ep that I didn't laugh at (not with) was Sansa smartly securing the North's independence, and the fact that the writers felt they had to humiliate Edmure one more time for shiggles.

Season 8 was just a series of stuff that happened because the writers' said so, with no internal logic and mostly terrible writing. I was much higher on the first two episodes than most, but overall, this was amazing spectacle buried within an otherwise bad season of television. I wasn't going to bother reading the books, now I think I will.

So...RIP, Game of Thrones. You didn't stick the landing so much as you crashed and burned nose first, but hey, the first 5 or so seasons were great.

#2326 NYJ79, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    The Dark Knight and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Yes (because wtf is the purpose of the Night's Watch with no undead and the wildlings friendly?), also, I assume the "tribe" was the wildlings heading back to their lands. Why was Jon with them? Well again what's the Night's Watch for now, so I guess he had nothing better to do? *shrug*

The Dark Knight and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

It was hard to follow 79..

From what I think I understand the council meeting met to elect a king of the realms>>>Bran the Broken.. and keep the peace..The little guy spoke so well Bran gave him a Pass to be his chief advisory (Hand) even tho Danys Lord of War wasn't too pleased.

9. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

That scene made sense, even if the outcome was absurd; also I'll give the episode one more thing to its credit, all of them laughing at the idea of democracy was amusing. No, I meant the small council meeting afterwards with Tyrion, Bronn, Sam, etc. The only thing that scene told me was that the writers have nothing left to say about those characters, so they filled the scene wtih a bunch of cliches, ham-fisted callbacks, and bad jokes. A complete waste of time, and a poorly written one at that.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it was a fuckin awful ending. I'm at a loss for words.

The Dark Knight and Falco21 like this.
  11. Falco21

So much stupid shit:

- Bran is anointed king, a character who hasn't said more than 3 fuckin words in the past 3 seasons.

- Bran knew the entire time he was going to be made king and just let all those people die and then says he didn't want to be king.

- Jon Snow grows a fuckin pair, kills Dany, who had become a spitting image of her father, and he is sent back to the Wall? What fuckin wall? The white walkers are dead and the wall has a giant fuckin hole in it.

- He then immediately abandons his post and heads off into the woods as king of the wildlings

- Tyrion tells Jon that he needs to kill Dany because he is the rightful king. Jon kills her and then Tyrion says we need to elect Bran as king lol

- Arya becomes Emilia fuckin Earhart and is gonna sail the world for new lands.

- Sansa says "fuck you" to Bran and makes the North independent again.

- The dragon flies off with Dany, which might be the corniest thing I've ever seen.

I mean what the fuck just happened?

What a cluster fuck of an ending and the dumbest episode I have witnessed. Wow

NYJetsO12, cgrec and The Dark Knight like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they only had Arya sail off to new worlds out of nowhere so they could set up a new cheesy spin off series

13. 101GangGreen101

Arya went from faceless killer to Dora the Explorer

BonScott, MoWilkBeast, NYJ79 and 2 others like this.
  14. Falco21

Oh I get it, but why was she even in the last two episodes lol

Last week she wandered around doing absolutely nothing. And then this week she pushed Bran around on his wheelchair.

Sam Hammer and The Dark Knight like this.
  15. Falco21

I'm just gonna pretend like I never liked this show. Fuck it

JetBlue likes this.
  16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The worst part of the episode ...there’s really only about 30 minutes of actual exposition but it’s all drawn out with dramatic pauses for the bullshit slow, somber tone like it was a the sequel to Meet Joe Black.

The tone of the entire season didn’t match the show at all.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

Ah I wouldn't say all that. It still had 6 solid seasons and season 4 was one of the best seasons for a TV show ever. At least it wasnt a Dexter like ending.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Eh, kinda fell apart at the end but overall it was a good series. Hopefully the prequel they ordered will be as good at a minimum.
    Time to binge deadwood before I catch the movie

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

... that will be based on zero source material, which is the entire reason that end of the series sucked in the first place.

JetBlue, FJF and BrowningNagle like this.
  20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Daenerys and Jon were my favorite characters on the show. They both were let down completely this season. Her death scene with them together was pretty well done. I guess going to therapy is not an option, so Jon did what he had to do to save millions and his family. Mercy kill. I am fine with that. Drogon destroying the throne was cool, but everything AFTER that moment: terrible. What a let down.

This was an inevitable problem the show created: Set up all this stuff with prophecies and history and Jon Snow being the rightful heir, then do nothing with it? Every single character fell on their face. They could make as many episodes as they wanted, with as much time as they wanted for each episode, so they made 6 with the last 2 feeling super rushed? Odd decision making.

#2340 The Dark Knight, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    NYJetsO12 likes this.