The Natural Selection Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Apr 17, 2019.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

[​IMG]

Here's a close up of the text:
    [​IMG]
    You just know some jackass is in there right now disoriented and about to drown.

2. jetophile

3. jetophile

WARNING! Stop reading, don't watch, and go no further if you're claustrophobic! John Jones and Nutty Putty Cave in Utah, it's absolutely horrifying. This is one that I've never been able to laugh at, as dumb as he was. I'll tell it short style, but a guy in his mid 20s with moderate cave exploring experience made the last decision of his life. He got stuck in a small space upside down, rescue efforts were futile, and he died. No, no, a million times no. Just like Edgar Allen Poe's phobia about being buried alive, that's what this story did to me. John Jones inhaled and squeezed himself in to go farther, thinking the crevasse would widen. He was wrong.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

When I was a kid I used to love exploring caves...squeezing into narrow spaces.

Now it creeps me the fuck out.

FJF, stinkyB and Sam Hammer like this.
  5. jetophile

Speaking of being in narrow spaces, when I first came out of a coma in 2003, I had a series of CT scans and MRIs long before I was released from the hospital. There's one that I clearly remember. I had ear plugs stuffed in my ears to stem the noise in case I became agitated and tried to move or get out. I had so much brain swelling that my primal brain didn't give a shit, and I was still having word salad conversations at best. I almost fell asleep even with all the pinging and banging. You can't explain a coma unless you've been in one. Anyway, when I got out of that contraption, a woman started screaming, "Don't put me in that thing! Don't put me in there! Please don't put me in there!" I said to the old man, "I guess she did time in jail." Coma stories, lol. I have so many.

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I've never been in a coma...but I've been knocked-the-fuck out many times.
    Boxing takes its toll...I have some neurological problems to show for it.

I had a scan a few months ago...the tech asked if I wanted music thru the headphones.
    I said yeah...some jazz would be cool to drown out the noise.

She slides me in...the machine starts doing its thing...then the music starts...loud as shit...distorted and painful.
    I couldn't do a thing about it till the procedure finished.

Next time I'll bring my own music.

7. jetophile

8. jetophile

9. jetophile

Faux machine likes this.
  10. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

instead of a million times no, lets just go with door number 2 monty and snooze out on the beach please, thankyou!
    That was vicious Jetophile, wow!

11. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

12. jetophile

I knew it was fake, but it could have also easily been real. Florida, you know . . .

13. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Yeah I had to actually go look and see if it was real, it it had been I wouldn’t have been surprised at all.

14. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

Florida- : I'm the most fucked up state"
    Alabama- " Here, hold my sister, errr beer"

Red Menace and stinkyB like this.
  15. jetophile

Not a new blurb of deadly selfie idiocy or the like, just a general observation. I watch all the true crime shows that are out there (some of them serious, some of them flat out schlock). What always amazes me is the abject stupidity of 99.9% of the murderers. Crazy ex-girlfriend, possessive abusive husband, gambling debt (there goes the life insurance policy I just upped to a million dollars!), jilted lovers, custody battles, nasty divorces, etc. The common denominator? "They'll never know it was me." C'mon now, you're the first name on the suspect list and you should be executed just for being a moron.

One of the funniest ones I ever saw was this older guy in England who murdered his wife for money. He reported her missing and then was - surprise! - suspected of offing her, so what does he do? He goes all transvestite and poses as his wife out and about town and also far from home base to make it look like she ran off.

The best part was that he actually managed to pull it off for quite a while (close to a year, if memory serves) because people were calling the police and reporting seeing her alive. If you see some of the surveillance photos, he looked like wrestler in a frumpy dress and a bad wig, shuffling around in ladies shoes that were ill-fitting, and sporting a purse and shit. Yes, I shrieked. Just another example of precisely why eye-witness testimony and/or eye-witness identification is wildly unreliable. It's disturbing how many innocent people are jailed or worse because of it.

16. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I remember seeing an episode of 1000 Ways To Die that mentioned this. It's reasons like this I will never ever ever go into a cave or mine shaft. Too much can go wrong. There was a prominent youtube channel (can't remember the name) where a guy would go all over the planet to explore old mines. He eventually disappeared.

It's not worth it and I am so claustrophobic I cringe thinking about being stuck somewhere like that. What a horrible story. He left behind a wife and 2 kids when it could have easily been avoided. I can't imagine the thoughts going through his head at the time.

#36 Sam Hammer, Jun 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I sense the work of an epic serial killer. We could call him the Foto-fragger.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

19. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Josh Norman would make a great Game of Thrones character

[​IMG]

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner