Maccagnan is Fired!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by westiedog1, May 15, 2019.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I knew the Bowles revisionist history would start as soon as there was some turmoil surrounding Gase.

It's all a bunch of nonsense.

Bowles sucked.
    Maccagnan sucked.

Deal with it.

2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Macagnan went BPA even when it didn't fit the team. Bowles also refused to adjust to the strengths of his players. Its why they're both gone. I think Chris Johnson expected Macagnan to work more with a guy he helped hire. When Gase was shut out of the process then that caused Johnson to act. Not to mention whatever infighting was happening between Mac and Heimerdinger.

This is why the Pats can sign a guy who worked at Walmart last week to come and make an impact on Sunday. Belichick understands how a team is built. It is not just looking at talent by itself and putting 11 talented guys on a roster. Its about having a sound strategy and building a cohesive unit that can do the right things to produce wins.

themorey, Harpua, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Should I send you my post before I post them for your approval?

It’s a fan forum, I didn’t care for either of them and wanted them fired after their third year.

It’s just for the sake of conversation.

4. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Agreed, why didn't Bowles sound off about not getting any input into the draft, etc.? This really reminds of several years ago when a certain GM (can't remember the team) kept the coach out of the draft room, but had some psychiatrist there to review and advise the GM about written test results that some of the players had taken pre-draft. I think Dan Reeves was the coach and he actually had a press conference complaining on how some psychiatrist who knew nothing about football had more say over the draft than Reeves, the team's head coach.

5. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

And also fitting the mold of what the team needs from a player.

We lack so much in terms of team building that I’m happy Gase shook shit up.

At the end of the day it will work or it won’t work but give the guy the tools necessary to make damn sure it does.

NCJetsfan, ColoradoContrails and zace like this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'd make a pretty good moderator...I think. :rolleyes:

But really...I'm surprised that disillusioned Jet fans are so reluctant to get behind the changes being made.

"Gase is a meglomaniac!"

"Mac got fired at the wrong time!"

"We're getting rid of Le'Veon Bell!"

"Todd Bowles wasn't so bad!"

"The sky is falling!"

"The new uniforms suck!"

Ok...the last one was me.

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

How does putting Adam Gase in charge of everything represent a great move?

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Because that's not what's happening. We're going to hire a GM.

Acad23 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the jets ownership once again has fallen in love with a narcissistic, borderline if not complete sociopath and is going to ride this gace train wherever it will take the team.

and as has been pointed out too many times to count that the idea of the gm and head coach both being equal and reporting to the owner is not functional and will not produce consistent results. the owner and his brother are fucking morons. we need good football people IN CHARGE of football. instead we get a guy whose eyes are literally popping out of his head at his first press conference.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  10. Ralebird

Today Adam Gase is running the entire operation. He is not qualified to be GM for even five minutes and certainly has enough on his plate as Head Coach (or even head coach of the offense) that he should not have accepted or been given the added burden. Until a new General Manager is hired, or is hired at all, the Jets have another big problem.

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'd prefer it if it was someone else besides Gase, if for nothing else than to change the optics, but the reality is that they need an acting GM and there is no one else qualified to handle it besides Gase.

Why don't you at least let him fuck up before you get your panties twisted? After all, you were okay with Macc fucking up for 5 years.

Acad23 and Biggs like this.
  12. Ralebird

I'm of the opinion that Gase has already fucked up as a GM by rushing the departure of Darron Lee whose stock could only rise through the summer as other linebackers get injured and need to be replaced. What was gained by such a hasty move? Your last sentence is strictly bullshit.

Attackett likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

I tend to agree that we should've kept Lee for now and let him play his way up to higher value, but I, nor anyone else here, knows what other issues were involved. I can make a good guess that he was seen as a distraction at least, and a risk to be suspended even longer than 4 games, so even Macc wanted him gone, The only difference was that Macc was holding out for a 5th rounder instead of a 6th. This doesn't add up to a "fuck up" by any measure. A mistake? Maybe, but not franchise-altering along the lines of say a Hackenberg, or the other mistakes Macc made.

IDK where the "bullshit" lies - you've been staunch in your support of Macc all along.

#873 ColoradoContrails, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
  14. Ralebird

After all, you were okay with Macc fucking up for 5 years.

This is the line that is complete and utter bullshit and you penned it. Simply because it is your personal belief that MacCagnan was fucking up for five years, I am not obligated to concur. I take a different approach and look at what the guy did in increments. If he made some good moves mixed in with the lousy ones you can still paint your opinion with a broad brush, I don't, and I won't. That doesn't mean I was okay with everything and you don't get to define it that way.

You should really do something about your obsession with MacCagnan, at least take it to one of the myriad of threads about him, and make an effort to deal with the Adam Gase situation in threads dedicated to him.

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don’t see why we need an interim GM in mid May. Trading Lee 8 hours after he took over the entire organization just makes him look worse, I can’t understand how Chris Johnson allowed Gase to make any move like that before a real GM is in place.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Lee was as good as gone.

The only thing that changed was the price.

[​IMG]

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

You're right, my opinion is mine, and your is yours, but the guy who owns the team has an opinion too, and he decided that Macc had made enough mistakes to warrant being fired.

I would see it more akin to erosion: while it's a fact that mountains erode, it's really hard to see it happen. But just because we don't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening. On balance, Macc did not do what he was hired to do. We can disagree on how far he fell short, but it's undeniable that he fell short, otherwise he would still be the GM.

As to my "obsession with Maccagnan", give how you don't like having words put in your mouth, is psychoanalyzing someone any different?

18. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

19. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Waiting on players to get injured is so easy to say from the outside.

20. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

LMAO this is great