How Did It Go Bad So Quickly?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, May 18, 2019.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I mean Gase was hired only a few months ago and already he gets the GM canned. Macc should have been gone with Bowles. Just hearing Gase was upset with Macc free agents and now draft picks. This truly shows the crap show that is called the New York Jets. Macc should not have been around to make this year draft picks and what he picked shows that he was trying to stick it to the Jets and mostly to Gase.

We needed OL and Edge rushers and what does Macc do take another DT. Something we have an abundance of and you can get them off the street at any time. We still have a need at edge and another CB. Macc also never got Darnold a competent center. Really not feeling Gase as GM for any period longer than finding someone that he feels can see his vision. Not saying they should rush the hire but they need to get some stability in that organization before July.

2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Just End The Suffering

egelband likes this.
  3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Im hearing Levon Bell trade rumors already lol...Who the fuck is Adam Gase and why is he our coach!!!If we trade Bell I am dis owning this team for life and will no longer be a fan.This would push me over the edge

sackexchange and Noam like this.
  4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Why does everyone say we have a need at edge? We just drafted a 1st round talent this draft. Let’s see what Polite can do first.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

PabloJa, Leicester Jet, FJF and 2 others like this.
  7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I was with ya till you got on the edge rusher argument.

Mac literally just drafted an edge and a prominent pass rusher on the interior.

Kinda gotta see what they can do before throwing the wrench in that direction for me.

Mr mittens and FJF like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's Manish, so I take everything he says with a grain of salt, but a lot of it could easily be true. There was nothing really surprising there.

One thing I found encouraging is that Chris knew he wouldn't be able to hire a new GM and HC on his own. He's waking up to how much he doesn't know. He wants help from a knowledgeable football man. I'm sure he reads or is aware of what the tabloids say and the Daily News Poll that shows that 72% of people don't think he knows what he's doing. That should motivate him to hire a knowledgeable football man to run the team.

9. LongIslandBlitz

I love the argument the Johnsons know nothing about football....How is that possible when they own a football team.Its much worse then that they are simply incomptent and a discrace to the team and the fans.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

They need to let Jamal Adams and Sam Darnold hire the next GM

Footballgod214 and FJF like this.
  11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I gotta say that after watching every snap of his 2018 season, I'm not expecting a hell of a lot from Polite. Million dollar body and a 10 cent head.

Lots of slow-jogging to the ball while the play is still live, lots of slow-dancing with blockers while the runner zooms past him. Bad angles for days. Tackles that you'd expect to be made by a zone corner.

Then you'll see him turn on the JETS when he somehow goes unblocked and makes an electrifying play.

What I saw didn't really scream first round talent to me.

12. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

Hot take: it's not that bad. Or I should say, no more worse than it was last week? The timing of Mac's firing was bizarre, and the team deserves some ridicule from the media for it, but it seemed like most were unhappy with his job performance anyway. I feel no differently about the team than I did last week.

PabloJa, Jets_Grinch, Biggs and 3 others like this.
  13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

There's no way they're trading hi. . John Clayton is not plugged in and im sure he didn't get that from any type insiders

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

This post is a hot mess. If your contention is Mac should have been fired stop complaining about the fact that Gase might have gotten it done. That's a plus for Gase not a minus.

15. twown

twown Well-Known Member

28% of people think he knows what he's doing?!

16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I'm complaining that a coach with not good standing is making decisions that are not his lane. Who is the owner of the team Gase or Little Johnson? Johnson should have manned up and gotten rid of Maccagnan after the season. Who will be the check on Gase?

Noam likes this.
  17. LongIslandBlitz

We need to find a way to get rid of the Johnsons....maybe if we get 1 million signatures and get a judge involved we can somehow get it done.Either that or someone needs to frame them for Murder.

18. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

We have to see how the season plays out before we know if it's bad.

19. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

How did it get this bad? It's the Jets, that's how. We just can't have nice things.

Acad23 likes this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Bad?

I'm trying to remember when it was good.