Florio: Jets Pursuing Peyton Manning For GM Vacancy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Snatch Catch, May 17, 2019.

1. Theoretically youre 100% right.But with Manning in the fold we would have no problem luring a big time personnel guy to be second in command as well as a top end scouting staff behind him. Thats the kind of doors having Manning opens.Hes intelligent enough to listen to his own people & make the final decision.

2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

All well in good but I just don't trust Manning in any capacity. You made good points again but he left a foul smell in my life from his college days. I've rooted against in every game possible. Like his brother cause he can and has beat Brady repeatedly. Now that Manning I would welcome.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

4. LongIslandBlitz

Why would Manning make a good GM?Other then his name value give me one good reason why he would be a good gm.

Ralebird and jets_fan like this.
  5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

My comment says Douglas as GM...

Manning would be the president, so we never have to hear from the owner again.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. LongIslandBlitz

I wish there were dragons in real life so I could ride one into Florham Park and turn it into Kings Landing.I would make the building collapse on Christopher Johnson and Adam Gase while they hugged in the basement..like Cersi and Jamie (Spoiler Alert Only GOT fans will understand this)

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Idzik's expertise was in administration aka managing the cap, not in talent evaluation. As for Macc, apparently the Texans were gonna fire him before we hired him. Douglas doesn't seem like a flavor of the month guy, but his tenure in Philly has been a short one so far. He is more highly regarded than our last 2 GM's were when they were hired.

8. LongIslandBlitz

Peyton Manning will never be the Jets GM....this is the owner trying to calm down the fanbase and people are actually buying into it.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The dumpster fire burns on.

#89 Jake, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
  10. Idzik supposedly had begun to dip his hand into scouting the year prior to joining the Jets.Unfortunately i think Woody specifically hired him to be a bean counter after he fired Tanny for the Sanchez contract completely neglecting the piss poor talent evaluation.

I dont think Douglas is a flavor if the month either.Worked his way up the ladder in Balty,Newsome/Decosta loved him,he catches his big break to Phillly & has great success there.Been highly thought of for quite some time.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He didn't do that. Parcells did. All Parcells had to do was tell Archie that he'd draft Peyton, and Peyton would have been ours. If you wanna be pissed, be pissed at Parcells, not Manning.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. LongIslandBlitz

Gase is gonna lose the locker room and get fired after 1 season....why even bother hiring Peyton Manning when Gase will get fired after this season.Gase stabbed his GM in the back and didnt want Bell ...its only a matter of time before the team turns on him

boozer32 likes this.
  13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I see it as an absolute positive. Manning was a shell of himself. He won with a team that was built around a great D. He completely re-tooled his game around field position and TOP. A complete departure from how he always won.

Payton was and is one of the great football junkies to ever play. He played for all kinds of coaches and won the SB with two completely different approaches.

John Elway won his two SB when he was a shell of the HOF QB he was during his career. Manning was the ultimate preparation QB. He has seen everything and played in several different systems.

He also graduated college with honors in 3 years. The guy is bright as hell and a complete workaholic. I can't see him doing anything half assed.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

If Peyton as a GM means a premium will be placed on offense, it is an automatic win.

NYJetsO12 and Mr mittens like this.
  15. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Oh man, he’d be great at that actually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Only way this happens is if Johnsons give him stake in team.

That, my friends, is NOT HAPPENING.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Well he hasn't coached either. Peyton is a football savant. Would it really surprise you if he turned out to be good at evaluating talent? Hell, maccagnan scouted for decades and he sucked at it. So past experience isn't everything.

18. boozer32

I agree but at least Maccagnan had experience in that field. Never heard Manning was a savant in any area. Talented yes, skilled QB yes. Managing a salary cap, scouting football players, coaching no, pro personnel no.

19. boozer32

Parcells reasoning was why tip your hand even though they had the first pick. Parcells was going to leverage that pick to get multiple first round picks. Deep down I think Parcells would have taken Manning.

20. boozer32

Especially when he complains about his star RB and MLB. Not getting off to a good start at all.