Jets beat writers (The worst in business)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets21027, May 15, 2019.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

no doubt......but it shouldnt be that way

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Thanks NY. Appreciate your feedback. Your words resonate with me, direction, focus, passion and a PLAN.
    And it starts at the top. CJ must formulate the vision and long term expections, and then trust a VP of Operations with experience in the business to set the mechanics in motion and manage execution. If he dwells in the details, start selecting players by name and meddling in the Implementation it will be a continuing mess. Is bad enough when an owner like Jerry Jones who knows the business cold scoops to that level, imagine some one like CJ with no real background in the business.
    While I have to make Mac accountable for his actions, he really didn't get any real support nor vision from the ownership. I think the communication loop broke down at the highest Level.

3. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

The next time Benigno is wrong about something Jets-related will be the first time. I mean, it's not that difficult ... all you have to do is assume the Jets front office will behave incompetently and in a way that does not prioritize winning a championship ... but he always does so and is always rewarded by being correct. The only time this organization has acted competently and prioritized winning in the 40+ years I've been alive was the Parcells era.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Manish is calling on fantasy sports radio network (I listen in tune in but I’m sure here are many platforms to listen) at 9:40 today. The host mike blewitt is a good friend of mine and he gave me a heads up just now. I know we all pretty much hate Manish but wanted to give the heads up regardless.

5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Cimini sucks too

6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Many in league circles saw this as an obvious move. Yet, I have never seen the media so out for blood after Macagnan was let go. If you read any news lately its just articles that slam the organization and spreading (probably false) rumors about Gase cutting/trading away everybody. Once the shock of Mac's firing wore off, I started thinking about how this doesn't really set us back much at all and many organizations have fired their GM after the draft. The only difference is that Chris Johnson should have just lied by saying he had in mind to left Mac go after the draft and not looked like an idiot by admitting he was just realizing there were problems in the FO.

It makes me think how much that FO must have given these guys to report on. I have feeling they lost some amazing sources.

#46 Quinnenthebeast, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    CotcheryFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Yes. I see it as simple. Gase comes here after "failing" with a dysfunctional franchise and a hopeless quarterback. He knows that this is his last stop as a HC if he does not succeed. Several months in, he realizes that the Jet organization is a joke overseen by a clown. Does he sit there and just take orders? The clown does not even consult him about the draft. Steam would be coming out of my ears, too. Macc may think he is saving HIS job witht his incoherent draft, but my job is on the line too. So he acts. God bless him, I say. I totally understand.

#47 jdon, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    cval and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

There is hope after reading this thread and some of the posts. It was the perfect time to get rid of Mac other then firing him with Bowles. The owner wrongly thought it would be a good fit but at least he had the balls to do it while knowing he would be killed in the papers. There's no proof that Gase pushed out Mac, they just didn't agree and fought over it. CJ made the decision according to Mike Lombardi. Most of us wanted Mac gone and its done. We now have a chance to finally build a powerful, smart innovative front office and we have the pick of the liter. If we get this right, what a job

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this. I think it's important for Jets fans to see this. Too many have been adversely influenced by our hack beat writers.

I think the following is particularly relevant and a salient point.

Thus, Chris saw that Gase is a leader and Mac was not just by being involved and watching what was happening, how the team was being run. While it's bad that Chris hasn't really been clued in for the last two years, imo it IS good news that now he's paying attention. It's also good news that he wasn't meddling in the day-to-day running of the team like Woody did. Chris trusted the men in charge of running the team. Hopefully, he will stay more involved, but still want qualified men to run the team and be the leaders and keep him apprised. I think it's very big that Chris hasn't been meddling like Woody, and wants professional leadership to run the team, not him. He just wants to over see and be kept informed.

The other thing of note in all of this is that no one in the media and poster here has said anything about Heimerdinger being fired, nor have they complained about it or accused Gase of getting him fired. Why not? IMO the fact that both Mac and Heimerdinger were fired, clearly says to me that Gase wasn't responsible for it happening. Chris got involved, saw how the team was being run, how personnel was being handled (mishandled), how Gase was kept out of the loop, he saw the lack of leadership from Mac and Heimerdinger, and the efforts of Gase to be involved with the whole organization and showing leadership, and that made him realize that Mac and Heimerdinger must go.

The only thing that concerns me about this is Chris' comments about the new GM, of not necessarily wanting a traditional GM who is concerned with personnel and scouting, but wants one who is more of a leader and communicator. IMO the GM still needs to be the guy who is has a scouting and personnel background and is adept at handling the cap. IMO what Chris wants in the new GM should instead be a VP of Football Operations. That VP would oversee the whole football side of the operation, including evaluating the GM, the HC and CS, the strength and conditioning coaches/trainers; working with the GM and HC to determine the vision for the team including the types of players they want, the systems they will utilize, and a plan for building a consistent winner; and everything pertaining to play on the field. That guy can communicate and interact with the whole organization and be the true leader of the team, and allow the GM to more or less stay in his bubble and focus solely on getting the best personnel possible.

Where I disagree with Lombardi is this:

Why does not complaining make him one of the great human beings of all time? He may be a great human being, but it's not because of not complaining. Sometimes situations merit complaint and the only way things will change is by complaining. If one just keeps quiet and keeps a "stiff upper lip" nothing changes or improves. If anything, not complaining is a sign of apathy and/or not being passionate and fully invested in the team and winning. Since Bowles and Mac were peers and both reported to Chris, Bowles owed it to Chris, to the Jets' organization and Jets fans to complain if things weren't right in their relationship and Bowles needs and wants weren't being considered. If he had complained, perhaps changes would have been made earlier and the team be in better shape. Saying he took his medicine usually means that the person deserved that "punishment." If Bowles is such a great human being, why did he need to take that medicine of being ignored and given little opportunity to succeed?

I either had forgotten or didn't know that Lombardi had such a great resume. I don't think I'd want him for our GM as I think I remember his drafts not being very good, but he might be a good candidate for VP of Football Operations. Anyone else think so?

#49 NCJetsfan, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    Quinnenthebeast likes this.