Jets beat writers (The worst in business)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets21027, May 15, 2019.

1. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

They're pissed they lost their source in heimerdinger and that Johnson and Gase (RIGHTFULLY SO) denied the story early on.
    Regarding timing. It's pretty clear that how Mac handled FA and the draft is WHY he got fired. They couldnt have fired him prior to the offseason because it was the offseason - how Mac handled himself- that motivated the move. The beat writers need to chill the fuck out.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100%. Report the facts.

"In an odd move the Jets fired their GM today. Owner Christopher Johnson thought head coach Todd Bowles was the problem but after closely observing Macagnan Johnson realized that Macagnan was part of that problem. He admitted he made a tough decision but for the time being it was time to part ways with his GM. Gase will be the interim GM until they find one. Johnson said he will start interviewing immediately and would like a coach/GM who could work together and create a vision for the franchise.

Many have criticized Johnson for not doing this when he let go of Bowles. Why let someone run free agency and the draft? At this point Johnson has realized his mistake and feels he is correcting it now. Time will tell but with a franchise qb and other players in place their is still hope for the Jets and coach Gase. Nothing will be seen until the Jets play in September. That being said today is not a good day for the Jets but they have a few more months until games start to correct the ship."

Unfortanately everyone wants to sell papers and reporting of what I wrote above won't happen anymore. I wish it did. I miss the facts. Instead the Jets continue to be a circus. In the grand scheme the move should've happened 6 months ago and their should be questions but firing Macagnan now will not have an impact on this team.

3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Manish really does suck.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  4. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

And it's getting worse. Now people are calling Adam Gase a LIAR for downplaying the reports about their rift. Coaches don't air out behind the scenes issues with media members. Why the hell doesn't anyone say that? You have to lie in that situation, and it's understandable.

And then some dopey analyst is like well if I'm Sam Darnold I cant even trust Adam Gase anymore.

What a bunch of morons.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Coaches, bosses, Army Generals, police etc all lie to the public. What is Gase supposed to say?

"Macagnan and I don't get along. Every player he drafted and we signed I didn't want. As a matter of fact they all stink. That being said I'm the coach and I'm going to coach what I'm given."

Before Gase came there was something about him I didn't like and I'm still skeptical but I can't blame him for that press conference last Friday. It's like the boss's assistant asking you if you like your boss. What are you supposed to say if you don't like him.

"Yeah he's awful. Not sure how he still has a job." What happens to you. You're fired. Sometimes you say things in public to protect yourself. Don't blame him for that. The jury is still out but people are raving about this guy Douglas. If we get him and he is as good as they say he is we might come out on top of this. Time will tell.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Conspiracy theory: People tend to shift their eyes when lying. Gase knew he'd be doing a lot of lying going forward so he went Crazy Eyes in his first press conference to throw people off the scent.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Initially, I liked and wanted McCarthy, but as I read more and more about the situation in GB, I saw that he held the Packers and Rodgers back, was stubborn, refused to change and grow with the changes in the NFL, and I realized that he was not the right man for the Jets' HC job. Matt Rhule has only one year of experience in the NFL, and that as an assistant OL coach with the Giants, and hasn't achieved enough in the college ranks to make me think that he would have been successful in the NFL, especially when he wanted to bring his friends and college assistants with him and they had no NFL experience. He was therefore not a serious candidate imo. Zac Taylor wasn't even a consideration imo. He didn't have nearly enough experience as an OC. I wouldn't have even hired him as the Jets' OC. I love Lincoln Riley, but he wasn't leaving Oklahoma for the Jets, and he has only been a HC for a two years, and has zero experience in the NFL. I thought that he really needed more experience as a HC, but would have probably been willing to hire him and give him a shot. Sometimes to get coaches like him, you have to hire him a year or two early, roll the dice, and hope they develop.

I didn't want Gase initially and thought he was a bad, if not horrible hire. He wasn't on my list, either, but as stated above, most of your candidates weren't either. My wish list included both Harbaughs, Riley and Monken. I was disappointed that neither Harbaugh wanted the job, that Riley chose to stay at Oklahoma, and so I wanted Todd Monken.

Obviously, I have mellowed on my thoughts regarding Gase as I have read more about him, seen some of the decisions he has made, and some of his quotes. I liked his hiring of G. Williams to be the DC. That will bring true credibility to our D and should make it one of the best Ds in the NFL. I expect more TOs created, more 3 and outs, and the Jets to have more opportunities on offense as a result. I like Gase's decision to not switch base defensive alignments and think it shows wisdom and flexibility. It meant not having to immediately start turning over defensive personnel and would allow the Jets to start focusing on fixing the OL and offense. I like that he has beaten NE several times, especially with subpar talent. I like that he adapts his offense to his players' strengths. I like that he is able to make in-game adjustments and is light years better than Bowles at game planning. I like that he had Miami playing at a pretty high level even though they weren't a very talented team. Finally, if he in any way helped Chris Johnson learn that Mac needed to go, then I LOVE Gase for that. If he is indeed arrogant, that can be a turnoff, but it can also be a positive as it can help change the culture here from a losing one to a tough-minded, determined team. I like his decisiveness. He won't accept all the dumb penalties, half-hearted effort, quitting, and all the losing. He and G. Williams will bring some discipline and a never quit attitude to this team that it has sorely lacked and needed. I hated Mac's waffling and indecisiveness. I think that hurt the Jets a lot more than most people realize. I think Gase and his staff will develop the young players we have and get them playing together as a team and playing well.

If the team doesn't play well this year and Sam doesn't show strong signs of development, I'll want Gase gone, but for the time being, I'm willing to wait and see what happens, and I'm going to root for him to succeed and hope that he will.

Pags2112 and CBG like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

I understand your being sick of it. I think that all Jets fans should be sick of it. That's why Colorado and I were/are ready to bail on this team. We need to stop making excuses, rationalizing, accepting anything even remotely positive because it's some small improvement. Other teams turn things around very quickly. The Jets should be able to as well.

Pags2112 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Apparently the signing of Bell was number one priority from the ownership down. So if Gase was not in agreement he needed to talk to Johnson. This whole thing gives me the impression that while Mac had his issues, the meddling from the Johnson's in every move acerbated a toxic situation. Until CJ gets the fuck out of the way personnel wise this team will continue to dwell in mediocrity, no matter who the GM is. Meantime, on the home front, while I think Gase has a lot of potential to make this team better as a HC, his ego versus personnel choices makes him a liability as long as he remains Interim GM. In fact, all these additional interim duties will fuck up his focus on putting forth the best team strategy. The precipitous release of Lee for a 6th rounder in 2020 was unnecessary, premature, and stupid IMO. We are once again navigating a ship without an agreed to chartered course. My two cents.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see the next Adam Gase press conference where he undoubtedly will be asked about yesterday's LeVeon Bell report.

Gase was visibly angry and even said he was "pissed off" about reports of his rift with Mccagnan at his last presser. If he was pissed about that he's gonna be fuckin enraged about reports he didn't want Le'veon Bell to the point of getting the GM fired over it. I'm sure that's going over very well in the locker room haha

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

NC , I had others including both Harbaughs on my list and I would have taken any of them over Gase. I have family in South Florida and I also have many friends who are Dolphin fans and none of them were sad to see Gase get fired. I hope n pray that this all works out and that I am dead wrong about Gase as I will happily eat crow. That said I would not bet money on this working out and I think Gase is gone in 2 years regardless of who the GM will be = IMO This Ends Badly. PS Gregg Williams has not even chimed in or gotten involved in this mess yet , wait until that happens and IT WILL.

Pags2112 and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

99% of what beat writers say is speculation.

13. NCJetsfan

You could definitely be right, and it all go to shit. If so, at least we're used to that, so it shouldn't be too big of a surprise or disappointment. If it does turn to shit, then hopefully there will be a reset in 2 years, not 4 or 5.

Pags2112, ColoradoContrails and CBG like this.
  14. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

This style of article will NEVER be written about the Jets. There's too much to be made in bashing the Jets every move and it's so easy to pull out the old cliches. But the fact is that you hit the nail on the head and now we have to wait til September

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

The media's only purpose is to confuse and deceive the betting public, so they have a better chance of losing wagers on the games. Who else in their right mind would read any of that waste of time bullshit?

16. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Get a load of this shit!

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Hopefully Manish gets stuck up there.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Lets not forget teh biggest moron of them all, Benigno. I know most if you guys wanna blow him but he knows absolutely nothing about sports and can barely a complete sentence. How hes on the radio is beyond me. He went on one of his usual rants the other day when the news broke and made no sense at all as usual. Then when he foundd out the name Jeremiah had been floted he started laughing like a retard not knowing teh firs thting about Jeremiah I suspect Hes the worst.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  19. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

These guys aren't picked because of their sports knowledge. They're picked for their shtick. Do you really think Skip Bayless. Stephen A. Smith and Craig Carton know much? Benigno's shtick is the everyman routine, the caller-turned-host who sounds more like a caller than a host.

stinkyB likes this.
  20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You usually have great Posts..and this was one

What troubles me is how Polarizing this whole turn of event starts has been on fans

I think those who semi supported Mac and his 30th hour desperate moves won't understand what a Business Model looks like or unfortunately just don't understand period

We need direction focus passion and a PLAN ...that we ALL work on together to improve the bottom line>>>>product on the field

Dissention gets you NOWHERE