Poll: Johnsons put "Crazy-Eyes" Gase in charge

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rickjet, May 15, 2019.

?

Do you have faith in Johnson brother's decision to put Gase in charge??

1. Absolutely

17.8%
  2. No friggin way

31.1%
  3. Both are in way over their heads

51.1%
  1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I'm not ready to shit on the idea yet. We need a talented team of office guys who can get the coaching staff the type of players they want / need. Lets see how exactly this plays out. Mac being gone is addition by subtraction at this point. Perhaps the next guy will notice that the Oline is a thing and address it with resources.

ColoradoContrails and CBG like this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Harpua we have no choice but to see how it plays out but IMO we now have bigger problems then the o line as the elephant in the room is Adam Gase

#22 CBG, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Faith in the Johnson brothers? I thought religion was a taboo topic around here. Mods please take this poll down.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  4. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Look I'm not a fan of Gase but I'll say this is a great opportunity to have the franchise moving in one direction. No infighting, no FO thinking one way and coaching staffing thinking something else. If they do this right everyone will be in lock step together.
    Now whether that direction is the right direction is a whole other matter. Jury is out on that one but we'll be 100% committed... Whether we're marching to a super bowl or over a cliff.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This is a great point. It is really up to Gase now. Many people are trashing the Jets and calling them a circus again. That is only true if Gase fails. If he succeeds, and the Jets play well in 2019, no one will say a thing. The general lack of faith in Gase is why many are assuming it will be a train wreck.

6. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

I just don't want Gase having a major role in talent, he was a disaster in Miami,
    we got Bell at a great value, just coach the guy!!!!

BacktoQueens likes this.
  7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I'm curious as to who the new GM will be - we know Gase is just temporary.

Thank God the Jets have Darnold ......at least there is some light.

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

This circulating idiocy that gase is in charge isn’t true. He’s interim GM. They are going to hire a GM....

This feels like the debate over illegal immigration vs immigration

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I sure hope the new GM will have the freedom to fire Gase if the season spirals out of control.

10. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

11. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

What I meant was Gase as temporary GM - but yes I would think with all this change that Gase's leash isn't necessarily that long either.

I think after the smoke clears and as the years go by Mac will be remembered for two things : The Darnold trade and the manner in which he was fired. As far as the Jets history goes he will be rated middle of the pack. His drafting after the first round was lousy. His trades were decent. Not as bad as Idzik and Bradway. Not as good as......gee I can't think of anybody. LOL.

While the timing is bad ( an internal issue such as a personality clash/infighting or a sudden specific unreported incident led to this sudden decision ) I think ultimately it's a good move going forward. The Jets need a good, young GM with an eye for talent beyond the first round to lead this franchise forward. And whoever it is will have a good start with a franchise QB already in place. That is the most important aspect....

Two images that now come back to me :

Mac sitting at Gase's hiring press conference not uttering a single word and the war room camera on the second draft day showing Mac sitting alone hysterically flipping through what appeared to be some type of book related to the draft prospects.....

#31 mrjet80, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

How much faith does Gase deserve? I watched more than a few fins games over the last few years, and Gase is maybe the only coach that made me feel better about Toilet Bowles.

I said my piece when the Jets hired him, and had moved on to the "wait and see" approach, but then the Johnson boys put the whole franchise on his back....

It's bad enough the Jets are a perennial mess, but now we have a potential FQB, and the best overall roster in years (F+ Offensive line notwithstanding) ready to start a real turn around, and we royally shit the bed now????? I'm supposed to hang on through my faith in a guy who just got shit-canned by the damn Dolphins?

13. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

And to be fair there's little reason to have faith in gase

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I didn't vote because the question isn't accurate to begin with: Gase is not "in charge", as in permanently. He's there until they hire the GM they want, period.

But do I have faith in the Johnsons ability to pick correctly? No. But they're the owners and that's their prerogative. We can only hope that Chris really has had his eyes opened and has learned some things in the past couple of years and that he "chooses wisely" as the Templar Knight said to Indiana Jones.

I didn't like the Gase hiring, but it's done now. And there was no way Chris was going to fire him before he even got to coach a game, so what exactly do the whiners here want? Simply let Macc stay on the job until the "right time" to be fired - which they've deemed the end of a season is the "right time"? Please! If you know you have a problem, and you can fix it, you don't wait, you fix it. Macc was a problem, and it got fixed.

Jets81 likes this.