Manish Mehta is a Disgrace (Was in 2017 and still is in 2020)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Dec 17, 2017.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Jaguars won their 10th game and clinched a playoff birth after going 3-13 last year. Their biggest change was firing Gus Bradley and hiring Doug Marrone. The guy who would have been our coach if Manish Mehta hadn't gone John Wayne behind a keyboard. :mad::mad::mad:

2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

There was more to it than that. Doug needed to find himself, he wasnt particularly well like or sociable, hes changed a lot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

You mean they had more talent on the team than people thought they did?

HomeoftheJets and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

I know there's already a thread for the beat writers, but this feels deserving of its own post. I'm not as big a hater as some are, nor am I an advocate of personal shots, but this dude is having a legit breakdown at this Macagnan news. I think It's really saying something when a member of the media is freaking out more than any singular member of this fanbase. I appreciate critical coverage of the team, but holy shit.

chandler and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Mac was Manish's inside source, Manish did Mac's hit job on Bowles so Mac could keep his job. It was a symbiotic relationship of men bad at their jobs helping each other so they could both look like they were better than they were.

NCJetsfan, chandler and FJF like this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

I think Heimerdinger was the source. Regardless, Manish is the most pathetic excuse for an unethical sports journalist that I've ever seen. How he's still allowed in the Jets facility I have no idea.

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Manish is garbage. He sucks big time.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It's sad that Connor Hughes is acting just like Manish right now

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Don’t give this weasel a thread or any comments positive or negative

He loves it

He reads all this shit (any team reporter worth his salt checks out the fan boards for the pulse)

He’s a true piece of shit. He even tweets wrestling memes which proves he knows how “it” works and loves being a heel

F him. Don’t give a heel any attention. Zero

Please

stinkyB likes this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Who cares. He's a little bitch. Doesn't deserve it's own thread.

Merge pls.

papapump and stinkyB like this.
  11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

He is a disgrace

12. HomeoftheJets

Well in hindsight I'm glad we didn't hire Marrone. He's better than Bowles but if we hired him we still might have him. I'd rather take a chance with Gase though I'm not particularly high on him either. :mad:

13. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

All these beat writers are losing their minds. I’m loving it honestly.

1. Because they’re all trash
    2. CJ is doing the right thing and not sitting on his hands.

15. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

If these beat writers are all so pissed off that their "source" has been fired, why are Schefter and Rapoport always first to the latest NYJ news? Cimini and Mehta appear to make a living by retweeting NFL.com writers and creating pointless thinkpieces based on total conjecture.

16. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

This is all media the last ten years or more. Instead of just reporting, opinion and their own jadedness come into play. The Jets have been a whipping boy for awhile and their own reporters love bashing them now. I don't know of one reporter who just reports the facts. Unfornately that is all media now. Report and then write opinion. It's hack jobs. Mehta at times has a good report but most of it is to bash something about the Jets. His biggest wack job was on Marrone. It was ashame he would've been a good coach for us. Mehta loves bashing the Jets every time he can. The firing of Macagnan does not look good but a number of gm firings have happened after the draft. It's not as bad as many are thinking. I think where it's bad is that the Jets don't have anyone in house to replace him.

After hearing a few insiders on some podcasts it's not as crazy as it sounds. Dorsey was let go after the draft. Grant it they had an in house replacement. They also said a few others but no one mentioned or that I know of off the top of my head. Someone made the point and I agree with this that Johnson made a mistake in not firing Mac in January. Mac hired Gase. Gase was coaching he couldn't of known the draft players. After keeping Mac he had no choice until after the draft to let him go. All is wrong but that thinking makes sense.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You do realize that his employer identifies Mehta as both a reporter and a columnist, right? And what is the job of a columnist? To write essays about his own opinion. In the good old days of newspapers when there were hordes of reporters chasing down stories there were also distinct and separate columnists penning thought provoking, or simply provoking essays. Mehta is doing his job, even though his employer has made his job difficult by giving him two hats to wear.

The story linked here may make the columnists job more clear to those who did not get to experience the golden days of the newspaper business. If nothing else read the quotes at the beginning and end of the story for a bit more insight:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-american-sports-colum_b_7214276

18. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Mehta is a pus filled, festering sore on the taint of a professional sports franchise. I hope firing mac lanced that disgusting thing so we never have to see it again.

19. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

what gives you so much confidence that we are moving in the right direction

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I will give you "the beat writers are all trash " because I agree just about all of them IMO are but as far as CJ doing the write thing ? Sorry you lost me there