Potential new FO staff

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Faux machine, May 15, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The longer this drags on the less likely Douglas is the hire. If Douglas isn't hired soon, that means there was no plan to fire Mac and hire him. Which means Gase and CJ will hold a search and probably pick the wrong guy.

boozer32 likes this.
  2. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Nah, the Jets have to take their time and comply with the Rooney Rule before hiring anyone, even if they have already have an under-the-table agreement with the new guy. They can't make their compliance with the Rooney Rule look like a sham, even if it is.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I read he wasn't keen on over paying for a RB and an average center either

Harpua likes this.
  4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

He was not keen on giving any RB that much money, same for a middle linebacker, and they also reported that he really wanted a trade down to address the offense more in the draft. He basically hated our offseason. The friction between Heimerdinger and Mac combined with Gase being in Johnson's ear about how poorly the GM job was done was too much for CJ to handle and had to fire Mac finally. I'm not a huge fan of Gase by any means, but if he got Mac fired its a good start to me.

boozer32, chandler, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  5. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

This is the Jets your talking about, they Always here the wrong guy.

6. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Get that black dude analyst from ESPN

That’s my vote

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I like Douglas a bit better because of his connection with Gase. Having two guys on the same page would be the first this has happened since Parcells if I'm not mistaken. Huge. This isn't to say I love Gase...I have my doubts. But he's here for now and they should give him every chance to succeed. If he really stumbles though I'll be on the "Fire Gase!" Bandwagon pronto. I also like the possibility of Daniel Jeremiah coming on board with him, if true.

I also like E. Wolf and his resume is actually a little stronger in some ways. I wouldn't be upset if it's him. Either would be a vast improvement over "What plan? I don't need no stinkin' plan" Maccagnan.

chandler, NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well frankly, if Gase butts heads with the new GM, whether they're friends or not, it won't matter if he wins. But if the Jets flounder, I'll join the "Fire Gase" crowd immediately.

But don't conflate the firing of Macc and whether Gase had anything to do with it. Firing Macc - good or bad timing regardless - was a good thing and long overdue. If Gase is a backstabber and control freak, that's going to come clear real soon. And I do believe Chris that his eyes have been opened, so if Gase becomes the problem I think Chris fires him too.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm already disappointed. I expect the reasons for that to be confirmed.

10. Ralebird

And that's a great idea because it has been proven that Gase...has failed every objective metric in his career?

11. Ralebird

The time to debate whether Gase had anything to do with MacCagnan's firing has come and gone in an instant; there's no getting the toothpaste back in the tube. In fact, I don't know why you're even discussing it in conjunction with what I posted - I didn't go there. My sole contention here is that Gase has demonstrated absolutely nothing that would qualify him to be General Manager for even five minutes much less be instrumental in the hiring of someone who may be around for years.

He already has enough work cut out for him in coaching the team towards improvement. (Notice I have not even put specifics in there; a winning record would be a nice start, even a substantial improvement would. We can look for playoff victories and other fantasy football in the future.)

12. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

He ripped Gase. Not happening.

13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

agree, but let's see if he gets the job assume nothing where the johnson brothers are concerned

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Exactly! It's clear that Gase was behind Mac's ouster. Now he'd better produce, both on the field and in terms of personnel, since he will have great control, if not total control, over the roster. He's made his bed and is going to have to lie in it. He's put a tremendous amount of pressure on himself, and that isn't a very smart thing for a type A personality to do, but it is typical. It will also be interesting to see what happens between Gase and Williams. We could really see some fireworks this season! Sigh. Just another day in Jets fan land.

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Don't forget they have to at least have a Rooney rule interview before hiring anyone.

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes, Gase will give himself enough rope to hang himself with his dual role of HC/GM ..but it wont stay that way

I hope he is smart enough to know he needs help shouldering all that responsibility and I foresee a new GM by months end

CJ made him interim GM ..so he is basically in agreement with you

I know you like the idea of getting someone to challenge Gase with decisions but let me ask you this..do you have friends you get along with who you sometimes ask advice? We have no idea how the 2 of them get along and it might be a good collaboration . If this Douglas guy from the Eagles takes the job here he will know AG's personality ahead of time so I don't think it would be bad .

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The only hope for this franchise is to fire gase now before they hire a new gm.

18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Well, that is one part about Gase I will like. Someone needs to yell at the Johnsons.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. boozer32

Want nothing to do with any Wolf members. They are why we are in this mess. Will never understand what they saw in Bowles and now Maccagnan.

NYJetsO12 and JetsNation06 like this.
  20. boozer32

I'm not sure that's on Gase. The report was Paradis didn't want to play in New York. He's some kind of hunting and fishing country boy. Big city didn't appeal to him.