Lee traded to KC for a 6th rounder in 2020 Draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 15, 2019.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I can understand the fans frustration with such a low pick in return for a former 1st rounder but that must be what the league perceives Lee's current value as. I doubt there was a better offer on the table. Personally I would have preferred just to hang onto him but maybe there are other internal problems with Lee we just don't know.....

One thing is obvious the rift between Mac and Gase was real......

ColoradoContrails, LAJet and twown like this.
  2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Yeah completely disagree on every point.

Mangini didn’t draft shit, but if you credit him for drafting (but shouldnt) then also credit him for Gholston.
    The defense was also terrible under Mangini, but was the best in NFL by far the very next year under Rex.
    That was all coaching.

You don’t have defenses that good, both here and in Balt, by just “not screwing up”.

Gase in the flip side, has accomplished nothing but turmoil, and that continues here.
    Your claim on his resume being better is just ridiculous really.
    I wasn’t just talking about before coming to the Jets.
    For Gase to match resumes, he should have the Number 1 offense in league by far using the players that Mac acquired, and then parlay that to a bunch of playoff wins.
    That would be the fair comparison.

#162 BacktoQueens, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  3. BacktoQueens

While I didn't like Lee, I don't think he was cancer status that needed to be removed from locker room.
    This reeks of what Gase did in Miami, which involved jettisoning players for pennies on the dollar if he felt threatened by them.

Ralebird likes this.
  4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Here's who was drafted under Mangini that played on our two AFC Finals teams under Rex
    Starting LT and Center
    Revis and Harris
    Brad Smith who started 29 games in 2009 and 2010
    Drew Coleman who started 31 games in Rex D in 2009 and 2010
    Dustin Keller who started at TE on both the 20009 and 2010 team

Here's the 2 drafts we had with Rex:
    Mark Sanchez
    Greene
    Slauson
    Kyle Wilson
    Vlad Ducasses
    Joe McNight
    The Terminator John Conner

The Ravens D was great before and after Rex. The first year here we had the best D in football no question. 2nd year our D was top 5, third year it was top 10. 4th year top half.
    The Bills D was top 5 the year before Rex got there under Marrone. It was middle of the pack 16ish in Rex 1 year term there.

Mangini taking the roster to the playoffs in his first year was a miracle. Rex taking a totally stacked team on D with the best OL in football to the AFC finals was terrific. He also got into the playoffs at 9 and 7 with an absolute stacked team.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Mangini and the people around him really helped Tannebaum get the right pieces. Rex obviously did not.

Gase reminds me of Mangini. A prickly guy who has a way. In the long run it rubs players, coaches, gms and owners the wrong way. This is what scares me with Gase. The only way these prickly guys survive is when they win. Look at Belichek. Anything less than 8 wins and it could be a 2011 season all over again. Last game of the year Holmes fights Wayne Hunter. I'd say this year it'll be Robbie Anderson and Winters.

I'd add in Gilbride Ryan will be Gase Williams and maybe Williams Vitt. This is going to be a disaster. Too bad Game of Thrones isn't on after this Sunday. Gase could've been a Knight King extra.

6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

that seems like an appalling trade especially when you look at how much he was earning - Same Ol Jets

7. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

my suspicion is this is retaliation for Lee's since deleted tweet gloating about Macc's firing

I suspect Gase wanted to set an example to the team saying you better grow up and act like an adult. Tuna used to dump a player every training camp just to make sure people didn't get too cavalier or relaxed

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Agreed I think he has to win. I also would love to see Mangini get a crack at the GM job. He made some mistakes but he also made some great picks.

9. chandler

agree 100%

this is totally the reason giving the time

Immature babies are now on notice

10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Is that what his tweet was, well I guess we will have to agree with Gase on what is ultimately a sacking with a benefit to the Jets with a draft pick however shit.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

SMH Lee was NOT good, that's why they found his replacement(s) all offseason. Then he just became a backup linebacker. Backup linebackers are a dime a dozen. If they tweet like idiots, you trade em for 6th round draft picks.

Also why would Adam Gase who just was handed the keys to the entire Jets franchise be "threatened" by some backup linebacker who is lucky to be in the NFL??????? people are insane over this guy I swear...

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. chandler

as a sanity check few years back Pats traded Jamie Collins who was a stud (also last year of rookie deal) at the time for a third rounder.

It hurts to see a first rounder net a 6th but this had a larger overlay. A statement to the team to wake up, grow up and be professional.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Dude... that was 7 years ago

HomeoftheJets and BrowningNagle like this.
  14. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

This is highly unlikely but we shall see.

15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Sorry, I can't agree with that. Tanny was mostly a disaster after the '07 draft, but he was gone after the 2012 season. 6 years is more than enough time to clean up the mess he left behind and restock the roster with young talent IMO.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

haha and 3 GMS and 3 coaches ago

stinkyB likes this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah I saw that tweet as well, I even commented on it before it got deleted ... I guess that + the Leonard Williams grabbing him and taking him out of the club was enough?

18. BacktoQueens

Mangini wasn't the GM, he didn't draft anyone.
    His job was to be the HC, and he was a terrible one at that, which was quickly proven by how well the team improved under Rex's first year.

btw I love how you cherry picked from the drafts of those years.

But going back to Gase, prove the great resume he had that warrants full control over this organization.

Ralebird and stinkyB like this.
  19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

You conveniently left out Mangini wanting to draft the biggest bust in NFL history.... ;)

BacktoQueens likes this.
  20. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

He played like a 6th rounder.