Lee traded to KC for a 6th rounder in 2020 Draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 15, 2019.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

But mac is the god damned moron, he took this waste of space in the first and obviously could not unload him after we had moved on.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I dunno... Better the circus we know (Rex) than the circus we don't (Gase) ???

CBG and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Exactly. for almost 10 years now people been bitching that the Jets haven't had any discipline or accountability. Gase trades Lee to make a disciplinary statement to the rest of the team and folks bitch about it SMH. It makes no sense

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Rex was a proven coordinator, proved he could win as a HC, supported the FO, and the players loved him.
    Gase has showed none of those things.
    Quite the opposite really, and yet he’s been given the keys to the franchise.

We haven’t even started the first training camp and this is already dysfunctional.

jilozzo and stinkyB like this.
  5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I agree that Lee is a poor player with a poor attitude.
    However why rush to trade him for pennies on day 1 of temporary power, and why does Johnson sign off on Gase making any personnel moves?
    Has Gase been calling FO’s about moving him even before Mac was canned?
    I never liked Lee but I also don’t like how any of this is transpiring.

stinkyB likes this.
  6. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

What if Greg Williams told Gase he had no use for Lee? Then you get whatever you can.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Not the player anyone hoped for, but A 6th for a guy that couldve been used well on situational 3rd / passing downs is a head scratcher..... worst case let him walk at the end of the year, and get a comp pick.
    The fact that Gase is already making "GM moves" is concerning IMO.

As much as we like to hammer Mac about picking Lee (I wasnt fond of it at the time), here's The great 2016 draft:

1 20 New York Jets Darron Lee LB Ohio State Big Ten

1 21 Houston Texans Will Fuller WR Notre Dame Ind. (FBS) from Washington [R1 - 8]

1 22 Washington Redskins Josh Doctson WR TCU Big 12 from Houston [R1 - 9]

1 23 Minnesota Vikings Laquon Treadwell WR Ole Miss SEC

1 24 Cincinnati Bengals William Jackson CB Houston The American

1 25 Pittsburgh Steelers Artie Burns CB Miami (FL) ACC

1 26 Denver Broncos Paxton Lynch QB Memphis The American from Seattle [R1 - 10]

1 27 Green Bay Packers Kenny Clark DT UCLA Pac-12

1 28 San Francisco 49ers Joshua Garnett G Stanford Pac-12 from Kansas City [R1 - 11]

1 New England Patriots Selection forfeited as a result of the Deflategate scandal[Forfeited 1]

1 29 Arizona Cardinals Robert Nkemdiche DT Ole Miss SEC

1 30 Carolina Panthers Vernon Butler DT Louisiana Tech C-USA

1 31 Seattle Seahawks Germain Ifedi

NCJetsfan, NYJ79 and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Because if your willing or even desperate to get a personality out of your locker room, you take what you can get. After Lee made it through the draft I thought they may jsut release him before camp, this is better than that. He was obviously a person or player the team did not trust. I'm sure there had been a lot of talks before and during the draft with other teams about Lee, all Gase had to do is call one back and say "Is that late rounder on the table for 2020?" and if they said yes, take it.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

easy to say now but when these guys were first hired (gase and crew) i thought there was a small but real possibility of total implosion due to various factors none of us know much about.
    this firing COULD be the start of that or just a power move with re-alignment of the stars in NJ.
    We have no idea what the product on the field will be so until then we can't predict too much.

if we start out 1-8 then we can chirp real loud. but if the team plays well and is genuinely improved (especially at QB) we may look back on this in a few years and laugh.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Not that it matters, but I was never in favor of trading Lee. I felt like that would be a mistake. Giving up a former 1st round LB who will be playing for peanuts this year to get a late 6th round pick next year?

Somehow this feels worse than a mistake...ughhhhhhh

CotcheryFan and jilozzo like this.
  11. jilozzo

good point - its gonna be almost a 7th with the chiefs expected record.

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You felt like it would be a mistake because it would. If we got anything of value for him then I would understand it but we got what is basically going to equate to a practice squad player unless this new regime brings on one hell of a scout.

It was a stupid move, point blank.

13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

2016 was not a strong draft, but that is the year we not only took Lee but also Hackenberg. Mac's inability to self scout his teams talent and poor rounds 2-4 left us needing to spend 100 mill this year. Outside of top ten picks he never did much to improve the starters or depth on this team. Its not like he was trying to reload a Superbowl contender, this was trying to find bodies on a constant basement team and he could not. His attitude towards drafting O lineman high was always a mark against him for me. I'm very glad his era is over.

14. jilozzo

more i think about it the more i think the johnson should put in a feeler call to tannenbaum.

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

What it feels like is Gase hasn’t learned a damn thing from his time in Miami and we are doomed.

Ralebird likes this.
  16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Don't disagree with any of that.... still doesnt mean that an "interim" GM trading a useful situational player for a bag of footballs is good thing

Ralebird and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I still believe its as much as a personality thing as an on field issue. Lee was a decent player on his last deal that the coach obviously didn't want around. I'm happy we got any draft capital back for him at this point.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

A late 6th round pick that will never see the light of day for us to be quit honest.

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So basically as mac is walking into the parking lot at one jet drive the door opens, gase leans out and yells and take him with ya and flings Lee our the door?

Red Menace, NYJ79 and stinkyB like this.
  20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Ravens two SB came around Rex Ryan. Ryan proved he couldn't screw up a great D. Gase is coming here with a much deeper and better over all resume than Rex had when he came here. It's not even close.

Mangini drafted the pieces that gave Rex success.

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.