Maccagnan is Fired!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by westiedog1, May 15, 2019.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

More proof that "DefenseWinsChampoinships" isn't just clueless about what actually wins championships in today's NFL:
    From the "Maccagnan is on the hotseat thread:

"Someone must've set the toilet bowl on fire because this thread title is hot shit.

Damn near 50 pages in and Maccagnan is still GM? What type of "hot seat" was he on back on page one? lol.

You don't fire your GM "moments" after you gave him responsibility with both FA and the draft/#3 pick. We just spent more off-season $$$$ than any NFL Franchise since the start of Free Agency..."

Apparently you do.

CBG, NYJetsO12 and tomdeb like this.
  2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

That's current top 51. Still have several draft picks to sign and once the season starts, all players and practice squad also eat into that #. Will likely be closer to $12 mill. Maybe less. That will also drop 2020 s available cap

3. TonyFtLaud

Dysfunction at it's finest :p

CBG likes this.
  4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It really is though. Just because you can't see it, doesn't make it untrue.

CBG, Attackett and TonyFtLaud like this.
  5. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

The thing that pisses me off is that we're not being given any info as to what's going on, other than the usual "we feel this is the best decision for the franchise going forward..." which translates to, "What we do is none of your fucking business, so piss off." Look, we the fans want to know why certain decisions are made. The Johnsons don't have to disclose all the dirty details, but something specific as to the timing of this: "We didn't think he was making good choices in the draft," "He paid too much for too few players," "His relationship with the coaching staff was just not working out..." something, so we can at least get an idea of there was a good reason behind this!

6. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Agree

Would love to know the truth

7. IIMeanDeanII

That doesn't make it the right move though.

I don't think you realize. As much as you hated Mac and the services that he provided this team. He was hired by the same brain trust that just hired a new coach, LEAD BY THE GM HE JUST FIRED, and is about to enlist the services of a NEW GM, who in all likely hood will be a "GASE GUY".

From my perspective, the potential for disaster far outweighs the potential of something positive coming from this. Many on this board obviously feel the same.

So I'm curious what gives you such hope on that positive potential at this point?

I literally can't see anything good coming from the direction in which this shit show is currently headed. So, I'm sincerely curious?

SOJAZ and CBG like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

First, the "brain trust" that hired Macc was Woody and Casserly, and they're not involved with this.

And while I'm not a huge Gase fan, it's much better to have the HC and GM on the same page, something that we haven't had since maybe Parcells was here.

As to "potential disaster", sure, it is the Jets of course. But while it took him too long to get there, I really think that Chris doing his "deep dive" and getting his own bird's eye view of things, not filtered by Macc and others, is a really good thing. It will really come down to who he hires now, but if the reports of getting the guy from the Eagles are true, I think it's going to be a really good move.

NYJetsO12, tomdeb and almbleamal like this.
  9. IIMeanDeanII

Right, so they say. Let's be real though. They are brothers. They share a lot of the same opinions, views, and life styles. They communicate. They work together. To think otherwise is borderline foolish. IMO

It absolutely is the same brain trust man, this isn't a scenario in which we are looking at an entirely new owner here, with no ties to the prior owner. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Chris should've had a much better pulse on this team if that was the route in which he felt he needed to take. The team struggled, a lot last year, why wouldn't you take the time to figure this shit out much sooner than this?

It reeks man. I'm telling ya.

I have given Woody more chances than I can count. I've given Chris the benefit of the doubt.

I'm past all that now. I've always been optimistic, this shit has gone too far for me. It stinks, it's a joke, and even the guy from the Eagles doesn't give me hope, especially because he would just be a "Gase Guy".

Let the circus begin. Fuck this team.

10. ColoradoContrails

Want my Dark Sider Decoder Ring?:p

IIMeanDeanII, Pepsiguy5 and CBG like this.
  11. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Glad to see Mac go, but hitching the wagon to acid-head gase ain’t making my heart beat faster..

It’s unbelievable this Mac guy got the gig here in the first place. What’s his claim to fame, he MAY have told the Texans to draft Watt? Any “good player” we have wasn’t a skilled pick, that player just happened to fall to us. And if they’re soo good, and such generational talents, who don’t have character/injury issues, why the hell did they fall? Maybe these guys aren’t all that rear, the smart teams caught on, and Kiper/Mcshay/Jeremiah who will be apparently be running things here, said they’re good and Max got suckered in. The draft “success” and FA “success” are mirror images of each other. No skill involved, guys just happened to fall in the draft, just like we just have offered more money to Bell/CJ etc than anyone else.

Hopefully Mac can spend more time shopping for off color toupes with Casserly now, that Clue Board game/angry librarian look-a-like.

#591 Stevied, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  12. Forgive me tony i took your word for it when you first said it but after hearing CJ’s press conference & reading every article i can find im not seeing where CJ admitteed that Gase had a problem w Bell/Mosley contracts. When did this transpire?

I actually liked CJ’s presser.He seemed to actually have a clue what was going on in the building,what needed to change,what the team needed in a gm moving forward & seemed in tune w both the short & long term.

The only wart i can find is what you referenced w him hanging the players out go dry.Do you have a link?

13. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I'm glad Mac is gone but he clearly should have been fired the same day Toilet Bowles was fired. As usual we're a side show because the Johnsons don't know shit about football. Hopefully we can land a decent GM and the players can act like professionals and ignore the scuttlebutt coming out of the office about salaries and off-season moves. At the end of the day they are here, for better or for worse, and its in all of their best interest to win games. With our roster this season still has the potential to be a good one.

Stevied likes this.
  14. Stevied

As much as this makes us look bad I disagree from this standpoint. I hate MAC and DETEST Casserly, I’m all for stringing him along and humiliating him. Now letting him pick out guys AND spend the $? That’s a different story.

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

How ironic considering a lot of people on blamed Mac for picking D

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  16. Stevied

Given Gase only needed 3 months to talk Christopher into firing Mac, I wonder how long it will take for him to talk Woody into firing Christopher, then Trump into passing legislation making Woody well the team, then congress into impeaching trump, then congress into making Gase PERMANENT KING of the USA?

17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He's gone so you can delete this copy and paste post now you know. :rolleyes:

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Conversely, just because you think it is, you see it that way, doesn't make it so, either.

19. TonyFtLaud

It think it was during his conference call with reporters as reported by NFL Network. I'll look for the link in the morning and post it for you.
    My take is Johnson as CEO, should have had his finger on the pulse of the organization a long time ago. Not in May following the 2 most important drafts the team has had in decades. That's inexcusable.

SOJAZ and CBG like this.
  20. In some ways the fans & media demanded a evaluator & thats exactly what they got. His plan was to go BPA until the roster was flooded w talent & then let the coaches sort it out.

But the rate he was picking starting level players was very slow & there was little direction.He put things like roster cohesion & architecture on the HC every step of the way.When that coach is Todd Bowles? LOL He was also not a dynamic negotiator or deal maker.