Maccagnan is Fired!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by westiedog1, May 15, 2019.

1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It's obvious at this point man. It literally couldn't be anymore obvious.

Ralebird likes this.
  2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I haven't read the other 26 pages yet, but your post was the first one along the same lines in my head.

Something happened between the draft and May 15th, 2019 that hasn't come out yet.

Two days ago I started a thread that discussed the possibility of Mac being behind the 'whispering' that caused Polite to slide into the 3rd round (along with his 'stellar' combine, interviews, and pro-day).I have no idea if Mac did this, or if it's even 'illegal' if he did. Maybe Mac crossed the line. No one knows at this point.

But SOMETHING Mac did has exposed the Jets to some kind of liability, and J&J are being proactive.

It won't take long for the answers to come out.

3. IIMeanDeanII

It doesn't matter, it's all debatable and hindsight.

The reality is, we do have a potential FQB in, Darnold.

It's not like we are sitting here with nothing to show for it. It's fine. It doesn't bother me.

The direction of this thing does. This circus atmosphere does.

All that is great but It just doesn't matter with the situation at hand.

Ralebird likes this.
  4. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Maybe we’re all missing the obvious and Mac whipped his dick out?

5. IIMeanDeanII

This is speculative and based on zero facts.

However, the last time I debated something of this nature with you, it turned out, I was wrong.

So fuck it, maybe you're right at this point.

It smells really fucking bad to me though, not in the way that you are making it to be though.

We shall see.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Sure can.
    Can go 10 -6 followed by 6-10 , 7-9 , 8-8 fire tear it down and start again.
    Few more wins maybe but still not good enough. Then back to no one wanting to play here. It's an ugly cycle.

7. TonyFtLaud

I disagree. I think we would very possibly gotten a free agent pick for him. We're not likely to be big players in free agency next off season. Limited cap space and plenty of our own to extend before they are due free agent money.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO! You're the one that's wrong, and I'm back pedaling (and it's "pedaling" not "peddling"). You evidently don't even know what "back pedaling" means.

I'm not twisting anything and don't have any needs with regards to our conversation. Your statement read like you were saying he had little to do with putting together the SB-winning roster. If you can't understand that, that's your problem, not mine. I have a very clear understanding of language and how it works, and am a published author. Why can't you just be a man and admit when you're wrong? In discussions with you, you get personal, you deflect, thrown out straw man arguments, and when I point out that you're wrong you try to make some lame claim like I'm "back pedaling."

I have been saying for two years that Mac should be fired, so yes, I would have applauded Mac's firing any time, just as I am today. I understand the frustrations with allowing Mac to conduct FA and the draft, but CJ didn't plan on firing Mac at that time, but things changed. A smarter man, a better owner would have seen that Mac needed to go earlier, but CJ didn't. I'm just glad that he finally saw it and made the right move. There is never a good time to fire a GM. It's always going to hurt. It either puts the new GM at a disadvantage in the draft or hiring a HC. It hurts because it creates a change in philosophy, direction, and possibly offensive and/or defensive schemes, which can cause roster turnover.

tomdeb likes this.
  9. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

It is a great sign. After giving Mac an extension a year ago and then sitting thru a 4-12 season, he realized what he had. I think Chris also saw (probably during the draft process) that Mac was outclassed by other teams GMs, and realized what he had was an indecisive, poor GM, too stupid to even TRY to build an OL. Chris just waited until the draft was over, all the UDFA were signed, and GM position was "on break" for a while, then he finally fired the Casserly clown who has always been in over his head.

10. NCJetsfan

No, it isn't.

11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Feels like this has happened under every HC after Parcells.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

I basically agree with this, but Todd Monken might have been a better hire in terms of working with Sam. He may even eventually prove to be a better HC than Gase.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The incompetence by the Johnsons is almost to impossible to be belive

GM hires coach
    GM over sees free agency spending millions of dollars
    GM runs the draft
    GM gets fired 1 month later

Theres a real good reason Adam Gase got fired in Miami and the Johnsons are so incompetent that there letting him call the shots.This would be like another team giving Todd Bowles full control of the operation.

Ralebird and WarriorRB28 like this.
  14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Really, that's all we have at this point is 'zero facts'. We're all grabbing at straws. Just read on page 5 that Gase didn't want Bell and that started a rift. Also just read that Mac and Heimerdinger were feuding.

I really hope the whole soap opera get 'leaked'.

15. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Incompetence.

Not that I'm heartbroken to see MacCagnan go it's the timing of it all and what the heck has Gase done to become a all powerful HC-GM football czar type?

16. NCJetsfan

As of right now we have a little over $25 million in cap space (that was before Polite signed). Some of that will be gone after we sign all of our draft picks. Over the Cap shows the Jets with $46,257,418 in cap space for 2020, and that's with Brian Winters, Avery Williamson and Trumaine Johnson still on the team. If those 3 players are cut, the Jets would have an additional $17 million in cap space. I definitely think that the Jets will sign players in FA next year, but we'll see.

17. WarriorRB28

It's mind boggling stupidity.

How can billionaires be this dumb?

I was in favor of bringing Gase aboard but I never saw him as this type of figure within the organization.

For all intents and purposes he's Bill Parcells.

Minus all the pelts.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Hate they fired him

19. TonyFtLaud

I was very clear in what I said. I gave the time of his hiring in 2016 and said most of the roster was in place.
    You quoted me and claimed I said he had absolutely nothing to do with the super bowl winning roster. Your words not mine.
    I again replied that he was hired mid May and the majority of the roster was in place. You then interpreted that as saying he had almost nothing to do with the super bowl winning roster.
    You , the published author, who has such a grasp of the English language twice changed what I said.
    I have never personally attacked you but can easily post several times where you have personally attacked me. I'll be happy to do so if you like. I'm sure you won't remember ever doing so.
    Straw man argument. I have not changed the subject or shifted the argument. I have stated the same thing each time, you chimed in and misquoted me twice.
    I am free to have my opinions on the firing, on The Johnson brothers, Gase , Douglas and anything else I chose. As are you.
    Don't like my opinion. Move on

20. WarriorRB28

It feels like the Dolphins people and their fans are laughing at us.

BacktoQueens and IIMeanDeanII like this.