Lee traded to KC for a 6th rounder in 2020 Draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 15, 2019.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Well any smart GM should know you don’t trade someone at their lowest value. If you couldn’t get more than a 6th now coming off a 4 game suspension then you try to rebuild his image and get more at the deadline. Not like you are risking much.

Trading him now for a 6th is beyond retarded. Unfortunately considering Gase’s history as a GM should come as no surprise.

SOJAZ, K'OB and stinkyB like this.
  2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Agreed. This is a really poorly run team I used to think at least we're not the Browns, Lions,etc. We have become those teams. We're now almost in uncharted territory with the slump we're in. If we don't get to the playoffs in the next couple years it will be the worst strench in franchise history. The Johnsons are probably the worst owners in the league.

Longsuffering88 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

A total horseshit seat of the pants move for nothing. He could have been a far more capable back up than a 50-50 nobody in the sixth round, next year to boot. There was zero need to do that now. Something smells to high heaven.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  4. Attackett

We went from a team heading in the right direction to a team that drove off a fucking cliff in about 12 hours.

SOJAZ and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  5. Agua

Agua New Member

As a lifelong Dolphin fan, I'm telling you I think Gase will *someday* develop into a good coach, but his personnel decisions are horrible. Lee must have not given Gase the respect he thinks he's due, because that's what gets you thrown off Gase's team.

6. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Jets traded for Rashard Robinson at his lowest value. Niners were legit about to cut him, and Mac said fuck it here just take our early 5th round pick as a gift.

I would have kept Lee too tbh. I was just saying that Mac is still way worse and way shittier then Gase.

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Yeah, something's not right here. Lee should've fetched a 4th round pick at least.

Footballgod214 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

...and this is based on his amazing transactions and moves he made with the Dolphins I would presume? Sigh..

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I gotta say that I think keeping him and letting him (hopefully) improve his value would've been better than what amounts to a UDFA signing.

That said, it's not franchise-altering.

stinkyB, PennyRoyal10 and boozer32 like this.
  10. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Another swing and a miss from THEE ohio state.

CBG and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. boozer32

I think his Twitter post did him in. Then he deleted it.

chandler likes this.
  12. boozer32

Are you talking about Gase or C Johnson lol? It's been a lousy 24 hours in New York sports. First Zion Williamson goes to New Orleans and the Jets amateur hours (no make that decades) rears its ugly head again.

NYJ79 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  13. Attackett

I’m sorry but you lose all credibility with this comment. What about Gase’s record as a GM can you point to as a positive? This guy has been a disaster as a GM. He failed in Miami due largely to his work as a GM, he practically said it himself.

Yet less than 3 months later he weaseled his way back into the power chair and our owner was dumb enough to let that happen.

The only hope we have is Darnold is good enough to overcome all this dumbfuckery. That is if Gase doesn’t trade him for a 5th before season starts.

Ralebird and boozer32 like this.
  14. boozer32

I'm thrilled he's gone. Should have never been drafted. Macc drafted very poorly. His UDFA signings were his highlight and of course getting Darnold. But now I'm worried about Darnold's development now when Gase.

regan62072 likes this.
  15. boozer32

Come on now. He was not worthy of a first round pick and his only semi good season was last year. Where was he gonna play this year? You can add him to the list of bad Jets picks. D Smith, Hackenberg, Ducasse, Milliner, Pryor.

16. regan62072

regan62072 Well-Known Member

Now Lee is good? You people...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boozer32 likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I tend to agree, but we don't know what G. Williams thinks of Lee. Unless Gase is just a total idiot and looking to cause problems with G. Williams, I have to think that Gase talked with G. Williams about this and G. Williams didn't want Lee. With that being the case, why not get something for him?

18. NCJetsfan

It probably is reckless, and certainly isn't good value, but I doubt it was an impulsive move. Unless Gase is just an idiot, he surely talked it over with G. Williams and wouldn't have made a trade unless G. Williams didn't want to work with Lee.

19. NCJetsfan

Judging Gase because of his eyes? Seriously? You're better than that.

20. NCJetsfan

I have agreed with that stance, but I can also understand that if G. Williams didn't like Lee and he wasn't part of the Jets' long-term plans, why not get something for him?

Mogriffjr and boozer32 like this.