Maccagnan is Fired!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by westiedog1, May 15, 2019.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

WOW!!!

I just got a chance to sit down and look at the news and BAM! What I was hoping for, and argued was the right time to make it, happened! Maybe Chris ain't so dumb after all!

I'll go back and plow through the previous 25 pages of comments, but the bottom line is that Macc had to go. Should he have gone with Bowles? Yep! But the longer he stayed, the less progress would be made. As Chris himself said: "I want a great strategic thinker. It’s more than a talent-evaluation guy..." YES!!! An architect! SOmeone with a strategic vision who acquires personnel - players and coaches - who fit that blueprint. Maybe Chris finally realized that "BPA All The Time" wasn't going to cut it. I give him credit for finally doing a "deep dive" into the organization so he could see first-hand what so many of us here saw. Better late than never.

As to those confused and shocked by the timing, I pointed this out weeks ago. It makes perfect sense to get the new guy here with plenty of time to set up his plans and prepare for the FA and draft seasons. This is actually the correct way to do this - again more kudos to Chris.

This has a great chance to be the turning point we've been waiting all these years for. Now, we just have to pray Chris hires a real football guy with a winning background.

NYJetsO12, tomdeb, NCJetsfan and 3 others like this.
  2. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Translation: The reports are true.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  4. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I'm sure Lee loves it as well.

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Ding! Dong! The bitch is dead!

Maccagnan, is that you?

6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

They did over pay for Mosley IMO, but that's the nature of free agency. Bell was actually a bargain , no where near what he was projected to cost. Arguably the best back in the league, especially with Gurleys bad knee.
    Imagine walking into work tomorrow and hearing you boss bitching about hiring you, Fuck Zace, he's not worth what we paid. I'm such a good boss I can get anyone off the street to do his job as well as him for a fraction of the money we pay him.
    It's a bad optic and that's why the team is getting shit on.
    6 HCs and 6 GMs since the hoodie wearing douche turned in his cocktail napkins and nothing to show for it.
    No faith in Gase watching him tear every bit of talent from Miami's roster while having full control. Coach, OC, QB coach and now intrim GM until he gets his yes man in place to act on his behalf.... What could go wrong.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

Spot on Kurt! Took the words right out of my....keyboard!:D

NYJetsO12, tomdeb and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  8. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

And Bell is upset. Might as well have said "I have full confidence in Gase and the NY Jets"

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well then it's a Win/Win then

Dying to see the details..former Mac first rounder should get us a haul :rolleyes:

#509 NYJetsO12, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  10. ColoradoContrails

Cman, calm down. It's really the best timing, Read Kurt's post a page or so back.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. TonyFtLaud

Great move, a late 6th vs a late 3rd or 4th....

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yeah but he didn't say that. He said he didn't want to spend that kind of money on a rb. Not necessarily bell. That's any back. That's all I'm saying.

He didn't say that he didn't want bell either nor mosley. He's right tho. Look at the successful teams..... They don't over pay for free agents. They get guys who can perform well all around.

Look at the pats, they don't have a whole bunch of superstars, they have a bunch of really good and good players as opposed to 3 superstars, 4 duds and 4 mediocre guys on each side..... That's 11 right . I jest but you get the point.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

13. ColoradoContrails

Again, now is the BEST time to do it. Read Kurt's post.

tomdeb likes this.
  14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

This is going to be one of those careful what you wish for moments. If the Lee trade is any indication we are in for some dark days ahead. Which kinda sucks since we were just starting to see some light.

15. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

And probably better informed.

16. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Life is hard for being a Jets fan...

westiedog1 likes this.
  17. TonyFtLaud

Those good teams have what the Jets don't. Good coaching and continuity.
    Look at the teams who are challenging the Pats. Rams, Chiefs, Eagles. All spent a ton on FAs.
    The Colts may be the one exception. They are building a strong team, in house and have massive amounts of cap space.

18. TonyFtLaud

Can probably expect to see a few more players go in the next few weeks.

19. I agree its a bad look & that the team has been a mess under the Johnsons but its not like Gase said publicly he didnt like the $ spento on the players.He was actually very complimentary.The players have to be professional & respect that things are said behind closed doors just as unpleasant things are likely said about their dislikes to their agents & whoever else.

Despite not firing Mac like they should have in December we cant sit here & say it was another arranged marriage.Mac didnt make the final decision but clearly had massive influence on the decision,gained some power & hand picked some of the assistants.Im sure nobody felt a personality clash was at hand.

Despite all of this i think the jets can come out of this better off.This will be an attractive opening given the pieces in place & yes this CS with or without Gase.

Joe Douglas is highly respected & loved by eagle fans

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Eagles don't typically overspend like the jets do. The one time they did that, they fell apart. That was a Vick year I believe.

Youre right tho we don't have coaching yet. We have had a bunch of glorified coordinators. But it sounds like Gase is more of a head coach than we have had since BP. Maybe that's why it's bothering people.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 likes this.