Maccagnan is Fired!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by westiedog1, May 15, 2019.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

No I didn't, it's a click bait article, not worth my time. I think some fans are grossly overreacting. So let's recap

1)You don't care what the chiefs did.

2)yet somehow, the jets do the same thing and they're dysfunctional but the chiefs... Who what have 2 players charged with domestic incidents are not?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Attackett likes this.
  2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

For about 10 days this off-season I thought maybe this franchise had turned the corner. Welcome back to dysfunction-central.

CBG likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Dude YOU quoted my post and brought up the Chiefs not once but twice now --The Chiefs have zero to do with whats in that article maybe you should read a little more and post a little less. Enjoy your nite and your Kool Aide

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Thanks, youre not understanding what I'm even saying but I'm not suprised. They make meds for those mood swings a few of us on her can write a script for you if you need one

5. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

This team is the laughingstock of the NFL. The reason is spelled Johnson. Sell the team you assholes.

I have seen our Super Bowl win. For the younger Jets fans you will never see a Super Bowl as
    Long as these idiots own this team.

CBG likes this.
  6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

...and why is ass backwards the right approach?

Where and what is the logic within that method?

7. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The Chiefs got some grief for it but having Clark Hunt as owner and Reid as HC was the difference. Plus Dorsey was in his last year and didn't want to finish out his contract as a lame duck so he was let go at that time.
    The other difference is having 2 big FA signings, finding out the HC they will be reporting to don't think they were worth the money they we're paid. That's the kind of thing CJ needs to keep to himself.

HomeoftheJets and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  8. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

How about waiting until the 2019 season plays out

How about making Gase PROVE that deserves more power in the organization. That he actually is better at player personnel than Mac. That he's learned from his Miami mistakes. Instead of just handing it to him. And not only that, letting it slip that he wasn't on even on board with Bell. This has the makings of such a disaster

9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I just hope and pray the next GM is in live with defensive lineman as much as the previous 3, wouldn't want to give up that good drafting strategie.

egbert souse likes this.
  10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Maybe but still, there's no difference whether CJ or the Hunts do it. They have nothing to show for all their supposed success recently.

At the end of the day, the players know it's a business. I don't think many teams think mosley is worth 17 mil a year.

I've noticed a trend with Mac and I can see the indecisiveness. He over bids last second to try and make up for his hesitation. I think it was noticeable and if we as fans can see it, other inside can too.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Johnson should’ve gave them both an ultimatum. Figure out a way of making this work and most importantly win this season or you’re both gone.

The dysfunction in all of this is not that he fired Mac, it’s not the timing of firing Mac, it’s that he gave all the power to a HC that’s been in the building for 5 mins, has a history of dysfunction and failed in his first stop and by his own admission failed because he had all the power.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Right now Iam having some Pork Chops with Applesauce and Cream Corn on the side

Ahhhhh life is good

tomdeb likes this.
  13. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

No problem with the timing of making the switch, and while I supported Mac on this board I understand why a change was decided on and why so many felt it was necessary. Hopeful that it works... What I dont like is the shitstorm the above report brings. The Game of Thrones Jets...

1) We have a maniac of a Head Coach. Mac helps bring Gase in the building and rescues him from the unemployment line.... And within weeks Gase is starting a whisper campaign to undermine his GM. "You payed Bell too much, you payed Mosely too much"... Screw you Gase, your the coach, Mac is the GM. Focus on preparing the players for the upcoming season and stay on your own side of the building.
    2) Gase must have been in CJ's ear for weeks critiquing Mac. Bad omen for a guy who clashed with his former owner and was thrown out of the building. The Jets spent weeks doing PR to repair Gase' reputation that he doesnt play well with others.
    3) Now that we know Gase wasnt happy with those FA acquisitions, and he is the head coach and interim GM, what does that do to the Jets locker room? Everyone on this board loved the Bell and Mosely pickups. Think Mosely believes he made the right move leaving the Ravens? Will Bell be as motivated knowing what his HC thinks of him?
    4) I heard this guy from the Eagles is the greatest thing since sliced bread... Who we never heard of before. He's a great friend of Gase. What happened to Gase saying if the GM and HC agree on everything whats the point?
    5) Love the spin from the Jets FO, this was about clashes between Heimerdinger and Mac and Gase had nothing to do with it. Bullshit. How many years did Mac and Heimerdinger work together without incident? Gase walks in the building and now there is this blood feud between the GM and VP of Player Personnel?

This is all going to end badly. The seeds have been sown.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

As expected, Casserly makes excuses. No accountability whatsoever. Pathetic.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. TonyFtLaud

Then why entrust him with $120 million dollars and the draft?
    90 % of the fan base was able to see it 3,4 years ago. He should have gone with Bowles if not earlier.
    Then to add to the clown show, the acting owner publicly states that the HC and acting GM, who will have input to hiring the new GM, didn't want, doesn't think the 2 players brought in to be cornerstones of the offense and defense are worth the money. Players know it's a business but Bell and Mosley must both be regretting their decision to sign here. Especially with Gase's reputation for having troubled relationships with players.
    You didn't hear Reid bad-mouth Hill and Hunt. He used them very successfully. That's the difference between a winning franchise and the Jets.
    FWIW Jet fans would be crucifying Dorsey if he were the Jets GM. One pick, kills his wife, then blows his brains out in the facility parking lot, he follows that with Hunt who has numerous altercations, and hill who beat and strangled his pregnant GF, then breaks that baby's arm 2 years later. But praise him because he's with another team.

16. And who was this first rate coach that turned them down? Mark Rhule?!Every one of the highly regarded candidates interviewed w the Jets. Mccarthy wanted the job.After Mccarthy Gase was likely the best candidate for better or worse.

Additionally based on the CS the jets & Gase assembled i hope the jets always ask for say in assistants moving forward.Its an extremely good group should they mesh & its currently my biggest reason for optimism.Beats the hell out of Bowles army of assistants.

NYJetsO12, NCJetsfan and zace like this.
  17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He didn't bad mouth them at all tho. He didn't think the team should over pay because they had so many holes to fill. I don't disagree with that.

But it's hard to prep for a draft in a few months. It's smarter to let the scouts do their jobs then let them go after the work has been done. There's so much to get ready for as a new GM and HC in December and January, there's no way they can be ready.

But youre right, if those were jets players, we'd never hear the end of it

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  18. TonyFtLaud

All I see is Gase, eyes bobbing in all directions, sitting on Drogons back as the bells ring....
    GM, Free Agents , Lee, Williams, Enunwa, Anderson, burn it. Fucking burn it all to the ground.
    The mad coach.

PulseJet likes this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Looks like our Interim GM is hard at work already

Sharon Lee traded to Chiefs

Iam loving it ..lol

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I hated Maccagnan at GM... HATED HIM, but this is a really bad look for this franchise & further cements the notion that we are a total shit show.

You bring in a loser coach no one wanted & you give him the opportunity to involve himself in hiring the new GM... ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME ?
    WTF has Adam Gase EVER accomplished in this league... now he's hiring a GM & will have more power than he does !

Macc/Bowles should have been shit canned together just like Tanny/Rex should have , but NOOOOOOOOOO... lets keep making the same f'n mistakes we've always made & take back the throne as the most inept sports franchise in NY!

On top of all that let's get the press talking about how much Gase didn't want Bell and didn't want to pay Mosley all that $ ...this ownership is a GODDAMN nightmare!
    The Johnson family didn't want these 2 clowns around the family business so they gave Woody a billion dollars to go buy a toy to fuck up instead of their multi billion dollar company ... what a fucking joke.

Ralebird and TonyFtLaud like this.