Jets beat writers (The worst in business)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets21027, May 15, 2019.

1. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

I don’t see why this is being portrayed as jets being a Bumbling franchise. They hire a coach to coach players and Mac didn’t want to go after guys he wanted then over paid for players good players but still overpaid. The gave wants to go after pardis at center and is over ruled. Macs drafts have sucked. Management had thought it might work out came in saw it was a mess and moved on from Mac. I don’t see this as a bad thing. get everyone from the top down on the same page if it doesn’t work it doesn’t work. Timing was off but still needed to be done. To many hackenburghs and not enough Jamal Adams . No o linemen it was ridiculous how he kept his job to begin with. Let’s see what happens before the sky is falling. We have a ton of good young talent now we bought a lot of them let’s see how it goes

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

There is an awful lot of speculation and very few validated facts as to what exactly was the straw that broke the camel back. Laughably, even " unnamed sources" Mehta got blindsided by the ownership, not to mention his complete lack of inside information coming to light once and for all. So he now has his butt hurt. Personally I don't subscribe to the theory that Mac past drafts were the driving force and the owner had enough. If the owner felt that way then Mac should have been fired before 2019 free agency. Why allow another year of unilateral personnel choices. I think something went wrong during the free agency phase and imploded during the draft, where Mac ego went head on against his own staff and Gase, not remotely agreeing on the team priorities. I think Mac eventually was overruled with the third pick, and his disdain for OL in free agency nor accepting constructive feed back from the HC sealed his faith.
    I think Chris saw first hand that the GM, his personnel director and the HC were going in opposite directions, so IMO he did the RIGHT THING. Stop the Problem at the onset. This ORGANIZATION needs to operate AS A UNIT WITH A COMMON SET OF OBJECTIVES TO EVER HOPE TO BECOME A WINNING TEAM. Apparently Mac and Heim didn't get that message.

sec314, NYJetsO12, Red Menace and 5 others like this.
  3. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Manish tweeted multiple times that the report of a rift between Gase and Mccagnan was total bullshit. He has egg on his face. Wonder who is giving him his information but he sounds like the ultimate moron Joe Benigno.
    Again, should have been done when Bowles was fired, but if we win this will be forgotten. If we hire someone who knows how to evaluate talent this will be a banner day.

4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The beat reporters all just lost their sources. Their jobs just got harder and they’re going to whine and moan and overreact because of it.

5. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

Because the problem is not what they did, the problem is how they did it. Macc was pivotal in choosing Gase, signing FAs and then the draft. I’d rather Macc gone out with Bowles.

The franchise may be better off in the future with Macc gone, but how many GM candidates are really available now? How many would consider coming to a franchise like this? How many would have a problem with Gase? This whole thing was so poorly done.

CBG and FJF like this.
  6. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Manish is even more insufferable now (somehow) after he lost the horse he tied his cart to. He's such a whiny little bitch.

Brook!, stinkyB and The Dark Knight like this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

cut off one head two grow back

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Not only this CarpetBagger but how many BETTER coaching candidates were crossed off the list because they wanted more control and NOW thats exactly what a second rate coach in Gase has

Ralebird and Carpetbagger like this.
  9. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Yeah after the windshield splatter part of the story

We are better off

We are

Just like the Knicks

But that doesn’t mean we should not have VP of football ops who manages the coach and GM and Chris goes into hiding and fucks off

Noam likes this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

anyone remember when Barcs was worried for the safety of Jets beat writers?

11. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

A) The beat guys are useless sacks of shit, since they all got outscooped by Jay Glazer and Mike Lombardi
    B) That doesn't mean they're able to invent news. They may want the Jets to be bumbling idiots but the Jets keep giving them too much material to prove the meme true time and again.
    C) This is a move bumbling idiots do. Instead of...firing Maccagnan after the season, or before the draft or before spending $150 million in FA or before 'picking a coach' they allow him to do all that, THEN fire him. And essentially give total organizational autonomy to a coach two games under .500 with only sketchy so-called success as a coordinator.

Noam, Brook!, NYJ79 and 2 others like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Just as many GM candidates are available now as they would be in January, unless you wanted to hire a GM fired by another team, but they don't get fired all that often. One of the last GMs to get fired was Dorsey, and he was fired at this time of year (following the draft).

LAJet and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Who were these better coaching candidates?

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Manish is the worst. I have said it for years, but his reporting today was downright unprofessional. It was pathetic and completely hypocritical. I don't mind the writers being surprised or questioning Mac's firing today, as it was odd, but they went about reporting it the wrong way. I guess Mac was their best source.

15. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

WRONG WRONG WRONG !!

Christopher Johnson and his right-hand man used the Nuclear Option on the local media. The locals have the same sources as Lombardi etc. al saying that there was a rift....but CJ strong-armed everyone in the organization to say that all was fine.

That meant all the sources lied to all the locals (and nationals) at the risk of loss of future credibility.

People were threatened with loss of jobs and no severance. This was the ultimate strong-arm.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I don't mind at this point.

Highlighting a moron for being a moron, is a good thing at this point.
    Highlighting how fucking stupid this ownership is, is a good thing at this point.
    Highlighting the circus atmosphere is factual from my seat.

Doesn't matter. This team is a joke. This thing is going to crash and burn. Hard.

I'm sick of it.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

NC , do you really want to rehash the coaching candidates ? Ok I will bite , besides McCarthy I had Rhule ,Zac Taylor, Lincoln Riley and Monken and a few others on my list. The next question is most likely "were they better choices than Adam " I had a losing record as an NFL coach ,and a rep for rubbing people the wrong way " IMO Yep as Gase did not even make my list of choices ,,,,your turn

Noam likes this.
  18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The title of the thread made me laugh, because could alternatively mean that the Jets beat writers. Ya know, like with a bat. I don't remember in what context I brought this up before, but this is going back years ago. Mangini was limiting player access to beat writers and sports media because he didn't want them talking too much about inside business. Dan Leberfeld (Jets Confidential) took it personally and wrote an article complaining about it. Typical Jets fan comment: "Shut up Leberfeld you whinny bitch - Rudi." I laughed so hard I spit out my water. Whinny - not whiny - whinny. Leberfeld got really bent about it, hahaha.

Pags2112 likes this.
  19. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

The odd thing is there seems to almost be animosity from reporters concerning this move. They use words like joke, laughing stock, they will "always" be dysfunctional.

This only turns into a disaster if Gase fails. We have a young franchise quarterback with young talent around him. If that's a disaster, sign me up.

Why not just cover it objectively? Is it an odd move to fire your GM now? Yes. So say that and then lay out the stakes. Gase's ass is on the line.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

same old trump....LOL.