Maccagnan is Fired!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by westiedog1, May 15, 2019.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Woody wasn't a football guy but he sure did get involved. Those bad contracts Mac handed out year one had Woody's fingerprints all over them. You forget about the tampering with Revis, year 2 Fitz resigning was all Woody. Guys holding out for a big contract and not on the roster but Woody's proclaiming him the starter...

#461 TonyFtLaud, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Why because of Maccagnan?

3. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

The bottom line is your last line. Bowles and McIdiot are finally gone! There is a God and he loves me. Interestingly, NFL network just reported that Chris Johnson did not like MacCagnan's "indecisiveness." Same could be said for Bowles too--Bowles had trouble going for it on 4th down, or demoting/firing his worthless defensive coordinator, or taking out his center after umpteen bad long snaps, etc. Win or lose, at least Gase has some balls and I hope the new GM does too. After 5-11, 5-11 and 4-12, can anyone really question showing MacCagnan the door (finally!)?

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

They are the greatest dynasty in football history. When could they not match up. They have a 30 and 10 playoff record. They have rarely if ever been blown out in the playoffs and they are always in the playoffs.

They have been drafting at the bottom of every round for over a decade. They have constantly dumped all pro players a year to soon rather than a year too late. It's amazing how they continue to reload on the fly while competing for championships every single year.

5. Great post.

Manish is pissed cause he lost his main source in the FO..either Heimerdinger or yes Macc himself

I hope CJ catches wind & has him removed from the beat entirely.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Mheta should have just said this was what his "wait for it " tweet was referencing.....

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

People recently jumped on this bandwagon, so make sure you seperate yourself from that crew :mad::mad::mad:

8. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

The timing is horrible, but there's no doubt Mac had to be canned. The guy was at best probably the last 5 in GM ranks. Not to mention he was given chance after chance after chance. I'm just worried now that Chris manages to hire a good GM.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Casserly must be all butt-hurt about this? HIS guy just got canned.....

10. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

He'd fit right in! :)

11. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Nah Ive been saying he was gone for a while. It just never made sense to me to fire a guy after the season. That puts you behind because you have to get a new regimen in to scout plan and all that jazz.

Mac was a goner. It's very clear that Chris Johnson is not his brother. Which I think is a good thing. Woody would have rode Macs lame ass into the season

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I hate Manish and he is a tool but as far as what he tweeted today ? I cannot argue with it I think the guy is absolutely correct and that Chris Johnson is full of shit.

13. 101GangGreen101

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't know about the timing being horrible. I thought that way when we were first hearing about the "rift" during the draft, but the more you think about it, the more it makes sense to cut a GM loose after the draft and not too far into the training part of the offseason.

GM candidates are few and far between right after the season ends, because teams will not allow their personnel people to talk to other teams for fear of losing intel on coveted players in the draft. After the draft, not so much.

I don't like the idea to keeping the guy for FA and the draft, but it might have been the lesser of two evils to fire him now.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. 101GangGreen101

Oh, I was just saying, Mac was never a good GM to begin with. This off-season was his best yet.

zace likes this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Oh by the way, Manish Mehta is a fat-headed little bitch.

Acad23 likes this.
  18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

This is true lol

I'm really in the camp that he knew he was gone. Does anyone really think Todd Bowles didn't know he was fired before the last game?

But it behooves him to do a good job regardless because he has to show some competence to get a new job

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I guess you did not read the article,,it is on the money and correct. Who cares what the Chiefs did this article clearly explains how dysfunctional the coaching search was and explains why the Jets are such a dysfunctional mess---> rinse repeat

TonyFtLaud likes this.