D'Brickashaw

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by inSANITy, Dec 10, 2006.

1. iceman

iceman New Member

It one thing to have a bad game and another to get pancaked by Schobel. D'Brick was on his back on one play. That's what I'm worried about. I hope he can get stronger in the off season. It should start very soon.

2. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I've read all of this thread and what is apparent is that all the people who are looking for someone to blame are just doing that, wanting to place the entire blame at the feet of _________ (insert players name). Sorry fellas , doesn't work like that. There were undoubtedly some poor performances out there and some rediculous calls , but we lost this as a team , just like last week when we won as a team.
    I'm not going to hang anyone out to dry , especially after the amazing season we have had , this is all bonus for me.
    We can no longer win the div , so maybe we will get a wild card maybe not.
    Next year my friends I guarentee that we will be a whole lot stronger and next year the AFC east will be ours.

I also do not care what the media think , what Jets fan really does? What has the media done for us?

The Vikes game is going to be another tough game and I'm hoping that we win the remainder of games , but if we win just one more I hope its against the Phins.:finssuck:

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

You have to concerned yourself with is not so much Brick had a bad game but now others will see his warts & also will take him to school. I keep going back to ESPN evulation of him with tape that at least they thought he WILL NOT be able to handle speed rushers. So far it seems they may have made a good case & we will really see in 2 weeks on National TV when he goes against Jason T

4. Jetsman5137

Jetsman5137 New Member

Also take into account that D'Brick is not used to a 16 game schedule, I mean he'd be playing a bowl game right now.

5. themasochist

themasochist New Member

From what I saw in his technique D'brick wasn't moving his feet very well at all vs Shoebel. Shoebel displayed very quick moves both inside and out, and seemed able to get off the ball quicker.

Bricks achilles heel is literally when he finds himself backpedaling rather than keeping his weight forward on his toes. I think he was phased by the speed rush and over anticipating it, thus going backward too fast. This gives the speed rusher more gap to work with. It was clearly evident on one play where Brick goes backward way too fast, Shoebel takes the inside gap, Brick completely misses him. I think this is the play where Chad is sacked and fumbles.

6. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Brick has been real good all year. One bad game and people want to crucify him. Relax he is a rookie and rokkies have growing pains. But all in all he has been a player.

7. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

u gotta admit though that game resemble something out of our Lt play last year. theres was a play were schobel blew d brick of the line litarrly brick was on is back. i dont think i ever seen a Olinman ever get blown up off the line like that before. brick will be fine he need to hit the wieght room though. big time this offseason.

8. themasochist

themasochist New Member

I think he has been excellent all year, and is certainly capable of learning from this bad game and improving. Hopefully Brick see's the film and what he was doing wrong yesterday was a simple issue of flawed technique and nerves getting the best of him.

9. Don G

Don G New Member

I can't stand threads like these. I've never seen a more annoying fan base then some of the Jets fans. Seriously, talk about a knee jerk reaction. He's having a very good year this year but he's still got a lot to learn. He's hitting the rookie wall and is probably tiring from the long season he's not used to.

10. themasochist

themasochist New Member

That was ugly. Again. Brick over anticipated Sheobel all day and wasn't keeping his feet under him. I don't think it was so much a "strength" issue, but a balance issue.

Who knows, he could be slightly banged up, like turf toe or something.

11. Tight

Tight Active Member

The only thing that puzzles me,is as much Jets fans that live in the world, who read jets everything related.

Why is thier not one other person, on this board or on Ji who has seen this report.

Stop it man, its getting old.

12. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

We should cut the whole team and Fire Mangini too.

13. themasochist

themasochist New Member

Freeney is a hellacious speed rusher and Brick did fine against him. One bad game is no reason to throw him under the bus.

Sometimes, simple differences in technique can create a bad matchup. Perhaps Shoebel had an exceptional day, and Brick was feeling a bit under the weather. Variables abound.

14. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

What are you talking about? Prior to yesterday he had given up one sack to Richard Seymour in WEEK 2!

So, prior to yesterday he held speed rushers such as Jason Taylor, Dwight Freeney, Alex Brown, Paul Spicer(Who hurt Chad the 2nd time), and Mario Williams to 0 sacks! And in the intial meeting against Schobel, he held him sackless as well. And Richard Seymour the 2nd time he held him sackless.

So don't give me this he won't be able to handle speed rushers, because if you think he can't, then clearly you've been in Aruba or Cameroon on your vacations and not watching D'Brickashaw this year.

Don't try and spew that.

15. championjets69

Cause it was a video report & I guess wjen aured everybody else was asleep. Why not contact ESPN & have them send you a copy of the tape if you think I made it up?

16. championjets69

I am just saying what ESPN aired about him. So do not shoot the messenger. If you want to see the tape yourself contact ESPN

17. themasochist

themasochist New Member

You are reiterating something that has clearly been proven as BS since draft day. The messenger deserves to be shot if they keep on posting the same old tired, irrelevant garbage.

18. Tight

Tight Active Member

Yah your making it up, its sad.

Give it up. Its getting old.

19. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Actually, you can probably go to any teams' message boards and see the same stuff. It's just how fans react in general :)

20. championjets69

Well shall see if they analyzed correctly as the years go by & then determone if he was worth tto be the #4 overall pick