Maccagnan is Fired!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by westiedog1, May 15, 2019.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You ain't lying brother...

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If we get him, then the HC - GM relationship will probably be the best it's been in a LONG time. Though thats not saying much given our situations in the past.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Obviously there’s a well thought out and well prepared plan that’s now being set into motion after months of planning. Historically, when haven’t the Jets had their ducks in a row? This is just going to be the next example in a long line of power move decisions the franchise had made. No story here boys. Just business as usual.

Ralebird and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hire Frederick Douglass for all I care. At least he's a great motivator.
    Hahaha.

blackssmagic and Cman68 like this.
  5. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I’m stunned

Even being a SOJ fan, this is shocking

Wow

There must be a plan right?

LoL

stinkyB likes this.
  6. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Not that I care that Mac is gone, but wtf? I can only laugh at this. I'd love to know more reasoning beside some supposed rift. If it was about past performance, he would have been gone at the end of the season.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Now THAT would be some TV Soap Opera grade shit right there!!!

8. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Gotta love people who complain, complain, complain....then get what they want and still complain

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

You don't think a few weeks after the draft is a bad time to fire the GM?

10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

If that is the case I am not sure Gase has done anything in the slightest to become the head power man and certainly not on the back of a troubled first HC job in Miami, all you are suggesting in that scenario is that Gase is a back stabbing trouble maker that got his GM fired.

11. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Gase is not going to be a full time GM. They’ll hire a new GM soon. Meantime It would be something if Gase makes a trade or signs a FA....

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Of course this would happen. Gase saw just as we did that Mac has been incompetent from the start. But...did we really just let him ruin another draft for us? The Johnsons have brought the circus back to town

tomdeb, NYJetsO12 and Brook! like this.
  13. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

14. I've been on record since the whispers started during draft that contrary to popular belief THIS IS THE BEST TIME TO UNLOAD A GM.

Before I even go into that....someone explain to me what's worse... It becoming clear that gase/Mac can't work together,ignoring it until it becomes a circus OR when early indications suggest it's not working you move on BEFORE it becomes counteractive?

As I've stated prior firing a GM in December or January is NOT THE IDEAL TIME. If you do you're given a very short time frame to hire a replacement, allow him to put together his staff, figure out what's wrong w the team & start putting together a plan before flying out to the senior bowl while Simultaneously competing w. every other team in need of a GM/front office. It's THAT model that resulted in John Idzik putting Terry F'N Bradway in charge of the draft process.

Now here's the alternative that we're currently undergoing...We have 7 months to find the right GM w. no other competition, put together a big boy scouting staff, allow them to observe the team's optics & have a firm plan in place in early December like teams w. Incumbent GM's. The Chiefs let Dorsey go in the same manner/timing & additionally is how the Browns ended up w. him. this is also what the packers did in the early 90's when they hired Ron Wolfe. He was able to come in & just observe what was wrong w. the program before forming a plan.

No urgency leading up to mobile. No skeleton scouting staffs. No fly by night "BPA" draft plans b.c they didn't have enough time to perform QA.

Forget conventional wisdom which is media driven based on their love of "Black Monday", This is the CORRECT TIME FRAME

15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Anita Marks from ESPN said this is not a Gase power play. There was an issue between Heimerdinger & Macc and both were let go. Also the Jets scouts really liked Heimerdinger but not Macc. Heimerdinger getting let go was a surprise.

16. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Anita Marks just said on ESPN Radio that the Jets fired Mac and Heimerdinger because something happened between them and that Gase wasn't involved at all.

17. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Anita Marks reporting on ESPN that it had nothing to do with Gase, but was the result of a rift between Mac and Heimerdinger.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  18. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

I like the move. The first priority this offseason should have focused on the O-Line. Second should have been WR's. Everything should have revolved around protecting Darnold.

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

He’s gase’s buddy. If he is hired it’s the same as leaving gase involved

20. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

almost spilled my coffee

jilozzo likes this.